Nine

He's My Sweetheart!

Youngjae was skipping happily alone to her locker with both of her hands gripping each strap of her white bag on her shoulder while whistling softly. She halted on halfway when she saw Daehyun who was taking his books from a far. Her lip curve a smirk as she approached the blonde boy quietly like a thief on stealing mission. Daehyun was still not aware as Youngjae could heard he was humming some songs to himself when she stood an inches behind him. The princess pulled her free long brown hair to the front of her face.

“Wargggghhhhhhhh! Ghhooooosst!!!!” Daehyun’s high-pitch scream was shaking the whole silent school hallway when the moment he spinned around only to be shock by a long hair in front of him. Everyone turned to look at him weirdly. Youngjae was cupped her ears while shutting her eyes closed. Oh God… poor my ear.

“Go away! Don’t kill me! I’m not married yet! I want to have a life with my family!!” Daehyun frantically pushed her body harshly causing Youngjae almost stumbled.

“Yah! Don’t push me, stupid!” Youngjae yelled as she pushed her hair back on its place. She shot a glare towards the blonde boy. Daehyun stopped screaming and blinked cutely to the princess. Youngjae suddenly felt something wrong with her heart by the sight.

“Huh? Barbie? Yah!! I thought you are ghost! How could you…?” Daehyun was speechless. He calmed down his racing heart. Youngjae couldn’t help but burst into loud laughter as she was happy with her little evil plan just now.

“Don’t laugh! It’s not funny at all!” Daehyun scolds her. His face was red because of embarrassment as some students laughed at him silently.

“Wahh… chinjja! Daebak! I didn’t know you will be that shock.” Youngjae said between her laughter. She slapped Daehyun’s body out of her habit when laughing about something.

“Don’t slap me, you Barbie! And stop laughing!” If a glare could kill, Youngjae was dead now. Daehyun was not amused at all with her joke.

“You’re so funny! Aigoo… my stomach hurts because of you.” Youngjae tried to control but failed. She leaned on her locker to support her body. The blonde boy rolled his eyes in annoyance. He trapped the princess with each hands on her side of head. Daehyun looked down to the princess.

“I said stop laughing at me! Or else…” Daehyun warned. Youngjae suppressed her laughter and stared up to the dark brown eyes bravely.

“Or else? For the god sake this is not a drama, Busan. If you want to kiss me, go ahead. I challenged you. It’s just make my assumption that you like me was true.” Youngjae said. She might looked casually by her poker face but deep inside of her heart, she was nervous by her own words. A cold sweat suddenly formed on her palm. Daehyun’s expression was changed immediately as he was flustered. He somehow can’t help to trail his eyes on the small lip after the words.

“I don’t like you, Barbie.” Daehyun denied quietly. Enough for Youngjae to hear it.

Youngjae was accidentally glancing aside and quickly noticed Mark and his friends were walking to where were they are now. She didn’t think too much as she rushed to pull down Daehyun’s neck with her hands and place her small lip into the plump one. The blonde boy’s eyes widened in surprise while Youngjae shut her own. A loud gasp was heard as everyone clearly shocked watching the live show in front of them. Some of them was fishing out their smartphone to take their pictures. Mark and his friends were halted their step as they saw what was happening. The leader of the group was gritted his teeth tightly as his hand formed a fist.

“Yah… what’s with everyone?” Jongup who just arrived with Naeun and her brother, Junhong ask to no one confusedly. There are so many flashing light from camera as it looks like some idol groups were coming to their school. Naeun shrugged her shoulder.

“Dae to the Bak! Hyung! Noona! Look at there!” Junhong points to Daehyun and Youngjae.

“Heol! Is the world going to crash soon??!” Naeun palmed her face. Jongup was no different to her as he was shocked too! His beautiful cousin and Daehyun was kissing! KISSING!

Youngjae was the first one pulled away as she fluttered her eyes open gently. Her heart won’t stop beating like normal. She stared at Daehyun who stood there like being possessed by something through the kiss. Then she decides to clear awkwardly which seems making Daehyun got his sanity back. Youngjae let her hands down to her side slowly.

“Yah… w-what… I-I…” Daehyun mumbled stupidly, not knowing what to say. He stared back at the beautiful eyes that he begins to adore for a while before he retreats himself and leave her there. He was flustered enough until he didn’t care whatever the students murmured when he passed them.

Youngjae looked down to the ground as she was trying to calm her heart by putting her hands on the chest. What I am doing? She was deep in thought until she didn’t noticed her cousins was approaching her with still a shock face.

“Youngjae? Are you having fever? Are you okay? Your face was red.” Naeun questioned her cousin cautiously. Her touch on Youngjae’s shoulder makes the princess flinched slightly. She looked up to them.

“Ah… I’m okay. Don’t worry.” Youngjae turned around to her locker to take her books. It was a sign that she doesn’t feel like want to do Q&A right now. Her cousins were understand well as they let herself cooled down first. They could ask Youngjae during lunch time later. Then, they walked to their class before separating with Junhong as he was two years younger than them.

 

~

 

All the time in class, Daehyun couldn’t focus on the lesson due to unexpected kiss he received this morning by none other than Youngjae. The pictures of their kissing at the locker were spreading like a virus as everyone was shocked to death with the fact the Busan boy was success in capturing their princess’s heart! Some of his classmates were teasing him and some of them were jealous but still said a congratulation to him. If they were shocked to death, however Daehyun felt like he was dead because of the confusion inside his mind! He never felt so confuse in his life and it frustrated him. He unconsciously grabbed a hold of his hair while slamming his face on the desk.

“Mr Jung? What are you doing?” Mrs Sowon’s voice snapped him to the real life. Daehyun looked up in seconds as everyone eyed him with a teasing smile.

“Huh?”

“Are you sick?”

“Eh? Ah no! I’m fine.” Daehyun smiled stupidly to hide his embarrassment. He glanced at Youngjae who was still facing to the whiteboard. Not caring at all to him. Stupid Barbie. Yeah... that matching to my so-called nickname to her.

“Then pay attention. I won’t slide it again if you keep zoning out.” Mrs Sowon said sternly as her student apologized being a disturbance. The lesson was continued back with Daehyun tried to gather his mind back to hear whatever she teach and noted down in his books.

Not too long after that, the bell was rang as a sign it was a lunch time where the students finally sighed in relief. Daehyun didn’t wait Jongup anymore as he stormed out of the classroom like a flash light. In his mind, he need to get away from Youngjae to put up his mind positively before he questioned the princess later. Maybe. He thinks.

“What have you done to him?” Jongup shakes his head seeing Daehyun disappeared into a thin air like he had saw a ghost just now.

“He must be shy. Cute.” Naeun comments while chuckling at the sight. Youngjae didn’t utter a single word to them as she kept on her straight face. They entered the cafeteria and the whispering were started as soon as they saw their princess. Some of them were giggling happily like a fan girl/boy and looked like they were formed a fan club for Youngjae and Daehyun. The new couple in their school. Or what they thinks right now.

“Hey Youngjae. Are you going to shut your mouth till end of school or you already being possessed because of the kiss?” Jongup raised his eyebrow. The word ‘kiss’ was bringing Youngjae’s face into a flush red suddenly but she maintained straight in front of them. As if she doesn’t affect with that fact.

“Why? I’m fine.” Youngjae said in normal voice. She put the kimchi fried rice into casually.

“Youngjae-ah.” Naeun nudged her cousin’s elbow which makes Youngjae frowned.

“What? I’m trying to eat right now, Choi Naeun.”

“Are you… falling in love with Daehyun?”

Youngjae who just happened to eat her food was coughed hardly. Jongup was fast enough to give her a drink to save his cousin from death because lack of oxygen. Naeun scratched her non-itchy hair while grinning stupidly.

“Are you okay, noona? What happened?” Junhong who just arrived on their table quickly asked Youngjae worriedly. The princess raised up her palm as telling the younger she was okay but shot a glare to Naeun. She raised her two fingers making a ‘peace’ sign. ^^)V

“Do you trying to kill me? What’s with the question? Hell no, I love him!” Youngjae yelled. Jongup moves his head slightly to the side by the high-pitch voice. Both of them totally suits each other. He sighed heavily.

“You’re kissing him! How that explains?” Jongup said in matter-of-the-fact tone. Junhong agreed to him as he nodded.

“The truth is I did that to escape from Mark’s undying love to me. Let him thought that I already have someone which turned out to be that stupid Busan.” Youngjae kindly explained to her cousins.

“Itch. Do you think he’s buying with that acts? Mark won’t leave you easily.” Naeun told her.

“That’s right, noona. Mark’s crush to you was unbelievable. Don’t he know the word ‘give up’?” Junhong comments.

“He was stupid, Junhong-ah. That’s why he don’t know.” Jongup said while clearing his bowl of rice. Then, they talked about how they hate Mark and his friends before they stopped as the trio looked at Youngjae. The princess was suddenly keep quiet once again. Not to mention, she was played with her foods as if she was thinking about something. One of her habit that they knew well since they were baby.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you?” Naeun decided to ask.

“Guys… how do I explains to stupid Busan? What if he misunderstood about the ki—that? I don’t like him! Himchan oppa had told me not to play with his heart. And I didn’t planned to do it too. I’m doomed.” Youngjae pouted as she whined like a spoiled brat. She was frustrated. (TT__TT)

“And I still have my practice with him. Everything gonna be awkward. There will be no fun! I’m going crazy because of him! Please don’t call ambulance yet. I have my family who loves me more than anything. You guys still need me too.” Youngjae rambled to nonsense.

Her cousins looked at Youngjae like she grew two heads in seconds. They had never saw Youngjae whined in frustration because of a guy. They blinked once. Twice. Thrice.

“Well… maybe… you should said what had you… explained to us just now? And I would like to ask you once again.”

“What?”

“Do you really not like him? At all?”

Naeun got her answer when Youngjae hit her head hardly until she whined painfully. The princess huffed angrily as she digged on her foods harshly.

“Don’t talk to me. I’m going to eat as much as I want. In SILENT.” Youngjae warned to them which her cousins obeyed it immediately.

 

~

 

Meanwhile… on the other hand, Daehyun was being held by two friends of Mark while the leader of the gang punched his stomach angrily for countless time. He yelped in pain when the fist comes into the contact of his body. The moment he stormed out of his classroom towards the rooftop, they were already waiting him near to his class and practically dragging him like the last time with a hand covered his mouth. Daehyun didn’t have a time to register what happened when Mark beats him out of the blue.

“Who are you to snatch Youngjae from me? Do you want to die? Huh?!” Mark kicked his already weak body because of the non-stop beating.

“I-I don’t like her.” Daehyun reasoned out.

“Do you want me to believe that?! F*** you!” Mark gave him a last kick on his stomach before his two friends threw him to the ground. Daehyun rolled on the floor painfully with a loud groan. He clutched on his stomach. He could tell his rib was broke by the amount of kicks he received. He felt his vision was blurred as he tried to keep himself awake.

“I’m warning you! Don’t ever think to get on my way to Youngjae. Or else you’ll die!” Mark said before he left. Jinyoung and Jackson doesn’t forget to kick his body which earning another groan from the poor boy as they followed their leader. Daehyun lied there for seconds to make sure they had gone. After he heard nothing, he tried to sit up himself but failed. The blurred vision turned into a darkness as he lost his consciousness there.

 

~

 


Do you guys okay with the long chapter? Comments juseyo, yeoreobun~! (^.^)

And please give a lot of love to this story! <3 <3 <3 SarangDae Yoo!