Four

He's My Sweetheart!

The next day, Daehyun was rushing to his school as he woke up late this morning. It must be either his body are still not adapting to his new place or because of his tired body. But Daehyun choose the number one. Normally, he will get up around 5 every morning like there is an alarm clock inside his body. He put on his shoes hastily and slung his worn out bag over his shoulder. Not to forget to lock his front door before he waste no time just to run faster in order to arrive at his school.

“Wait!! I’m coming!”, Daehyun shouts when he saw the guard wants to close the school gate. He bowed while thanking the guard’s kindness after he confirmed inside the school.

“Aigoo. I thought I was going to die”, Daehyun panted heavily because of running. He thinks he beats his own record arriving in less than 5 minutes when it was usually 10 minutes to get there.

Riiiinnnnnnnnnng!

“Okay. I’m really dead right now!”, Daehyun runs again for the sake of his life after hearing the bell was ringing loudly as a sign the lesson was about to start.

“I’m sorry! Give me *huff* a *huff* mercy, ssaem!” Daehyun opened the door as everyone turned their head towards the intruder. Mrs Jiyeon raised her brows, looking at the poor boy who was sitting on the floor, trying to catch his breath back.

“I guess you’re the transfer student. Get up and stands outside!”, Mrs Jiyeon who was well-known as the most fierce teacher said sternly.

“Ssaem~ It’s my first time late. Can you consider it?”, Daehyun throws her a puppy eyes along with a pout on his mouth. Then, the girls begins to coo over his cute aegyo. Youngjae was rolling her eyes as she looked down on her books. Naeun has no different with other girls.

“Go now!” Mrs Jiyeon pretends to not give in as she practically melts with the aegyo.

“Ssaem~~ I’m sorry. You’re the most beautiful teacher in this school.” Daehyun called the teacher by using his Busan accent while battling his eyes. Not enough with that, he makes a love shape over his head and throws towards the teacher. Youngjae unintentionally watch the whole scene displayed in front of her feels like want to vomit whatever she ate this morning.

“Awww~ Ssaem just let him in. I melts with his aegyo”, Naeun stands up for Daehyun. Her hands clasped on her chest in a pity. Daehyun was nodded furiously like a little kid, flashing his charming smile. Mrs Jiyeon feels uncomfortable.

“Ssaem, just let him in. I got a goosebump seeing him like that. It’s clearly not so man. Looks more stupid that he already is.” Youngjae hugged her own body in cringe while insulting the blonde boy. Daehyun’s smile dropped as he glared at the source of the voice which it become familiar to him.

“Enough. Get in. If you ever late again, I don’t think twice to make you run at the school field”, Mrs Jiyeon gives up.

“Of course not. Saranghae, ssaem!” Daehyun sends her a bullet of love and winked at the fierce teacher. The girls squealed. After receiving the permission, he walked to his seat without noticing Youngjae’s leg was outside of her desk.

“Aarrgggh!” Daehyun couldn’t help stumbled over the leg as he falls on the ground with his not manly screaming. Youngjae didn’t wait too long as she burst into loud laugh as she slapped her desk repeatedly. Their classmates stared at her like she was an alien.

“What happened there?”

“N-nothing ssaem! I-I’m fine!”

Daehyun tried to stand up while holding on his waist painfully. He throws a glare at the girl who laugh like there’s no more tomorrow. This girl…

Youngjae who notice the blonde boy was staring at her, quickly controlled her laugh and stuck out her tongue playfully. That’s my revenge for yesterday!

“Are you going to stand there or you wanna make me ask you to go outside?! Youngjae! Enough with your laughter!” Mrs Jiyeon asked. -_-

“Sorry ssaem. Let’s continue our lesson.” Daehyun smiled sheepishly. Deep inside of his mind, he was feeling wants to kill Youngjae in one shot.

 

~

 

“I won’t partner with him!”

“Yah! I don’t want too! Being partner with girl like you. I feels like suicide!”

“Yah, what’s wrong with me?! I’m beautiful you know! Every guy wants to date me!”

“Oh, there’s exception which is me. Girl like you… so annoying!” Daehyun’s finger was up and down in front of Youngjae’s face.

“What about you? Scream like a girl. Eww~ What a shame! Plus, who wants to date with you! Too much Busan accent! Your aegyo is completely failed!”, Youngjae mocked. All of the students were looking at them back and forth.

“Yah! I’m cute okay! That accent is my charm. And you are the one who stick out your ghost leg!” Daehyun shameless insults of Youngjae white-pale skin leg.

“Cute my ! I never do that, okay?! How dare you insults my pretty leg! Oh God! I never felt like want to kill someone now.”

“Pretty leg? It looks like you paints your leg into white. And you are not scaring at all, BARBIE!”

“What?! Don’t ever call me that! Busan Pabo!”

“You starts it first!“

“BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP!!!”

“YOU SHUT UP!” Both of Daehyun and Youngjae said in unison. They huffed to different side. Youngjae on the left, Daehyun on the right.

“How could you?! Yah! I’m your teacher for your sake!”, Mr Haneul shouts to them. Daehyun and Youngjae cupped their ears and suddenly realized what they had done before grinning at their teacher stupidly.

“Finally~ I thought we will never be escaped from this class”, Jongup sighed pathetically. Naeun nodded somewhat agreed with him. They were in music class where Mr Haneul had informed them about the school competition in singing. Every class must sends two representatives for that competition. The reason that they were bickering to each other was because of Daehyun and Youngjae got chosen based on the votes they made. But these two are not in the good term from the beginning which lead into the argument.

“Both of you will be partner! No objection, no more word! I won’t hear anything!” Mr Haneul said in a stern voice when Youngjae wants to open to protest.

“Why are you fussing about? Both of you has a good voice. That’s why we all need you two to cooperate with each other and let’s win for our class!”, Jimin cheered, following by other students.

“That’s right!” Eunji agreed.

“Youngjae-ah, please~ Princess~”, Naeun pleaded to her cousin.

“Princess my !” Daehyun mumbled but Youngjae heard him. She kicked Daehyun’s shin angrily.

“Yah!”

“Jung Daehyun! Yoo Youngjae!” Mr Haneul warned them.

Jongup let out a sigh for umpteenth time. Looks like Youngjae had met her true rival. The princess was not only popular because of her pretty face but along with the fact she was the youngest daughter of Yoo Group which is the biggest company in Seoul and her beautiful soothing voice. She always joined any singing competition for their class and had won many times. Yoo Youngjae never lose to someone. The fact that this year she needs to be partner with someone, totally challenges her pride when she acknowledge Daehyun’s honey voice. She wanted only her was the best in the school. Not someone else.

“I do it. But don’t ask me to be nice with him. Just pray for his life”, Youngjae finally gives in for the sake of her classmates. She stomped on Daehyun’s foot purposely as she makes herself sit on her chair like a princess would do.

“Oh my god! I never met such a brutal girl like you!” Daehyun hissed in a pain while rubbing his poor foot.

 

~

 

Could day get any better than today? Daehyun felts like crying out his heart when his leg had become Youngjae’s victim for twice and he couldn’t imagine what will happened next if he need to spend his precious time with her after school. Maybe he will not here anymore before the competition. Daehyun huffed in annoyance while walking along the school hallway.

He didn’t notice anyone in front of him as he was still in a deep thought until suddenly the impact coming on him. Daehyun straights out himself and blinked innocently at the guy who was clearly not amused with the bumping. The two friends beside the guy smirked.

“Sorry.” Daehyun raised his palm with apologetic smile on his handsome face. He tried to walk away when he feels something bad will happen if he stays. But the guy wouldn’t let it off easily as he grabbed Daehyun’s arm in a strong force.

“Not so fast, my dear friends.”

Daehyun wriggled on the strong grip as he’s trying to get away from the hand.

“Look. You must be a new kid here who doesn’t know me. I’m Mark. Jackson-ah. Lately.. I’m kind of not in a good mood. How about we plays a game?”, Mark suggests to his friend. Daehyun frowned.

“What--?”

Before he could finished his word, Jackson covered his mouth and he was being dragged into somewhere else. Not too long, they pushed him roughly into the wall. Without able to react what happened, Mark lunged forward as the fist comes into the contact on Daehyun’s face. He completely shocked with the impact and turned to look at Mark in horror. The guy was smirked seeing the panic look of the blonde one. He was ready to give another fist before someone grabbed his hand and pushed him behind harshly.

“What the hell?!” Mark shouts and looked at the intruder who was turned to be Jongup, his princess’s cousin. Jongup then let his hand go harshly.

“Leave or else you wouldn’t want to know what I do next.”

“Don’t interfere my business, Jongup.”

“Leave.”

Mark glared at Daehyun with unsatisfied face while biting his lip to control the anger. Jongup didn’t want to lose as he raised his brow bravely, challenging the bullies to try again. As being told, Mark left with his friends trailing along behind him. He swears to get the new kid later.

Jongup turned around and pulled out his hand to help Daehyun gets up from the dirty floor which the blonde gladly to accept it.

“Who’s that? All I do was bumped on him and clearly apologized.” Daehyun asked, feeling grumpy with the fact he got a bruise lip now.

“Mark. The two friends beside him were Jackson and Jinyoung. They always bullying the weak students and the biggest playboy in the school. Enough with them. Are you okay?.”

“Worst than ever. Before this, Youngjae. Now I have to deal with them. What a pity life I have.”

“Nahh.. that’s okay. If they picked on you, I’ll be there. About Youngjae, that princess was nice actually.”

“Nice? I feels like vomit to hear it. By the way, thanks for saving me!”, Daehyun said. He clasped the hand with Jongup.

“Small matter. You can count on me!”, Jongup winked as they laughed.

 

~