Five

He's My Sweetheart!

“Mommy!!” A little boy who was around 3 years old running into the house as soon as his father let him down on the ground.

“Jaehwan-ah, be careful!” The father warned his son before shaking his head while chuckling on the sight of the little boy.

“Mommy!!” Jaehwan called his mother as he walked with his small feet, listening well to his father’s warning.

“You’re back? Come here, dear. Let mommy kiss you.” Jessica squatted down to his level and hugged his son tightly before showering him with kisses on his face. Jaehwan giggled as he tried to push his mother. Then, he put his little arm around his mother, asking to lift him up which she did.

“You’re heavy, Jaehwan-ah. Mommy is tired.” His father, Jinwoo was coming inside the house with a full of plastic bags on his both hands. His wife approached him with a smile as he kissed her forehead lovingly.

“Appa, can Jaejae help mommy to cook?”, The little boy asked with his round eyes. Jinwoo then proceeds to carry him into his arm while passing the plastic bags to Jessica.

“How would you help? You definitely eat whatever the ingredients there”, Jinwoo smooched a kiss on Jaehwan’s face as they followed his wife to the kitchen.

“I am not! Appa is the one do that!”, Jaehwan protests and accused his father playfully. A laughter could be heard from his wife who begins to prepare their dinner.

“Yah, this little boy! You always do that when mommy’s cooking.” Jinwoo looked at his son disbelief. He tickled his son as Jaehwan laughed loudly in his arm. Jessica watched the father-son interaction before shaking at his husband’s childish behavior.

“Appa, stop it! It’s tickling!” Jinwoo stopped to abuse his son as he kissed Jaehwan’s tummy as making up which produces a weird sound. His son screamed happily.

“Appa, let me down!” Jaehwan struggled himself to be free but Jinwoo wouldn’t let him. He knews well enough that if he let his son helps his wife, the dinner didn’t make it in time. His son tends to play with the ingredients and sometimes eats it without his wife’s knowing.

“Appa~” Jaehwan whined.

“No, no, no. How about we take a nap, hmm? You’re sleepy just now in the car.”

“Don’t want~ Jaejae is not sleepy~” He said that but the real thing is he technically yawned sleepily.

“Jaehwan-ah. Youngjae noona and her family will coming later. So.. be a good boy and listen to appa, okay?”, Jessica informed to her son as she brushed off Jaehwan’s bang out of his face. With a from his mother, Jaehwan put his little head on his father’s shoulder. Jinwoo chuckled while staring at his son.

“Really?”

“Yes. Youngjae noona will playing with Jaejae if you takes a nap now.”

“Okay.”

 

~

 

Jinwoo was coming down from the stair as he makes his way to the kitchen where his wife to be after putting Jaehwan to sleep. He then backhugged his wife who was immediately relaxed at the comforting hug. She stopped cutting the vegetables by putting down the knife.

“Is Jaehwan asleep?”

“Yes. He falls asleep as soon as I put him on the bed.” Jinwoo inhaled the sweet scent from his wife’s neck as he closed his eyes to enjoy it. He chuckled lightly.

“Honey. He looks like his brother a lot, isn’t he?” Jessica asked quietly. Jinwoo nodded on her shoulder before he turned around Jessica. A sad smile covered on his face.

“I miss him. Really miss him.”

“Me too. But now we have Jaehwan, right? He is a cure to us.”

“I know. But still it must be great having him with us now. We could saw them playing together. I’m sure he will become a good brother to Jaehwan.” Jessica sheds a tear as she looked down on the floor.

“Hey, look at me. He’s no longer here, Jess. Police had confirmed it. There’s no body to be found there. It’s already 10 years ago.” Jinwoo cupped his wife’s face and wiped the tears that falls down on the pink cheeks of Jessica. He knows that his wife hasn’t being accepted the fact that their older son had gone because of accident happened to them before.

“Are you that sure? My instinct said otherwise, Jinwoo. It was a mother feels. I felt that he’s somewhere else in this world. What if he still alive?”, Jessica’s eyes practically begged to her husband to just once believe her. Jinwoo stared at his beloved wife before welcoming her into his broad shoulder as he caressed her hair in a comfort way.

“I do believe you, Jess. Maybe. Just maybe we will met him again”, Jinwoo said hopefully. After hugging for some minutes, they let it go as Jessica needs to cook for their dinner and their guest which is their close friend.

 

~

 

The school was ended as the students were fussing around with their friends and shouting to each other while they made their way out of the classroom. Daehyun was putting his books inside his bag as he’s humming some songs softly. He has been thinking quiet some time about the singing competition and battling whether he should do or not to do that.

“Yah! Give me your stupid phone.” Youngjae held out her hand towards Daehyun as the blonde startled by her sudden voice.

“Could you greet me nicely? I might die because of heart attack before the competition. And what’s with the phone? Are you asking me to date with you?”

Youngjae rolled her eyes in annoyance as she leaned forward to Daehyun. Her hands were all over Daehyun’s body as she searched for the blonde’s smartphone.

“Yah! Are you harassing me now??”, Daehyun wriggled as he tried to control his laughter due to the ticklish hands on his body. When Youngjae got what she wants, she casually inserts her phone number and saved her name in it. Then she missed call her smartphone, ignoring the weird look on Daehyun’s face.

“This is my number. Call me when you have an idea what wants to sing in your stupid mind. Hell no, I would date you!”, Youngjae handed back the smartphone on Daehyun’s chest a bit rough. She bumped on his shoulder purposely as Daehyun stabled himself from falling on the ground. He then take a look on his smartphone before scoffing at it.

“Princess? Hell, I put her name like this in my phone.” Daehyun erased the name that Youngjae saved as before he typed the new one. BARBIE. He formed a smirk.

“This should be your name.” Daehyun made a clicking sound in his mouth as he left the empty classroom.

 

~

 

Jaehwan's happy screaming could be heard all over the resident as he runs in the living room with Youngjae chasing him around. A wide smile formed on Jessica’s face as she heard her husband chuckled at the sight Youngjae was tickling his son. Siwan and Younha laughed seeing their daughter  in showering the little boy with the kisses as Yongguk and Himchan joined their sister.

“Noona~ Stop it~ Jaejae give up!”, Jaehwan cupped Youngjae’s face using his small hand to stop all the kisses he got.

“If noona stop, what will you give me hmm?”, Youngjae asked.

“Jaejae will get noona a boyfriend! A handsome and cool boyfriend!”

“Eyy this little boy. Talk like adult, huh? You are still a kid yet you know about that thing”, Youngjae scoffed. She picked up Jaehwan into her arm and making the little boy flied like an aeroplane.

“Youngjae-ah, how’s your school?”, Jinwoo asked his friend’s daughter. Looking at Youngjae just remind him about his oldest son. He might be around Youngjae’s age if he was still alive.

“Huh? Oh, everything is fine. But there is this new kid had transferred in my school and I don’t like him at all.” Youngjae complained. She stopped her human aeroplane and sit down on the couch with Jaehwan sticked glue on her like a koala.

“Why? Is he messing with you? Tell me and I’ll beat him out of his life”, Yongguk said in a protective voice.

“No, it’s not like that. We are just being partner in upcoming singing competition. You know that I don’t like being pairing when it comes about music.”

“Then?” Himchan frowned.

“I have no choice but to agree. My teacher and my classmates asked for it and I couldn’t refused it anymore. Oppa! Since you’re musician, what about you helped us choosing a song?”, Youngjae asked her older brother.

“No problem. I helped what I can but if he is trying to mess with my beloved sister, don’t hesitate to tell me.”

“What is his name?”, Jessica suddenly curious about the boy.

“Jung Daehyun.” Youngjae answered casually as she played with Jaehwan’s hair lovingly. However, Jessica felt like her world had been stopped. Siwan and Younha were stunned for a while. Jinwoo looked at his wife.

“Jung.. Daehyun? Are you sure, Youngjae? What’s he looks like?”, Jinwoo couldn’t wait to ask the daughter.

“Yeah.. Jung Daehyun. I couldn’t describe him well, uncle. We just met few days ago. I’m sorry. But why are you asking? Is there something wrong?” She watched her parents’ bestfriend hesitantly while patting on Jaehwan’s slowly. The little boy already falls asleep after playing for hours with Youngjae.

“Oh nothing. Just curious about him. I never thought you would hold grudge over someone”, Jinwoo laughed lightly to cheer the down atmosphere.

“Yeah.. It’s my first time. He’s so annoying as hell, uncle. I felt like want to bury him in the ground.”

Jinwoo chuckled while nodding a little as he turned to look at his beloved wife. Their eyes met with full of meaning. Siwan watched his bestfriend silently with a sad smile.

 

~