Ten

He's My Sweetheart!

Jinwoo was secretly observing the young man who was lying unconscious on the hospital bed while he checked his blood pressure. He was send here immediately by one of the teacher from Matoki High School which Jinwoo knew it well as his friend’s daughter studied there. He was wondering what actually happened to this young man until he got his face bruise badly and from the x-ray, some of his rib was broken. Bully?

Jinwoo was about to check his eyes before he halted his work. Something which looks like a necklace behind the boy’s collar was attracted him to see it. His hand tried to touch the necklace but got disturbed when the door was burst opened revealing Youngjae and her other cousins.

“Daehyun!” Youngjae rushed to approach the bed where the young man is he.

“Oh? Youngjae. He is your friend?” Jinwoo questioned his friend’s daughter.

“Y-yeah. How is he, uncle?”

“Hmm... he was okay except with that bruise on his face and some of his rib was broken. He maybe will be hardly to get up for a little while. And not to mention yet, his blood pressure was low because of a fever. I had to suspend him here for 3 days.” Jinwoo explained.

“What happened to him? Seems like he got beaten.” Jinwoo continued to ask because the young man which he didn’t catch a name yet was his patient. So he have right to know what was going on the lying boy.

“We don’t know well too. We was informed by the juniors that Daehyun got hospitalized out of sudden.” Jongup answered him. He watched the blonde boy who still shutting his eyes closed.

“Daehyun?” Jinwoo frowned with the name. He stared at his patient with mixed of emotion.

“Yeah. His name is Daehyun. Jung Daehyun.” Naeun told their uncle who is the doctor here too. Jinwoo was stunned for a while. But then, their conversation got stopped by whimpering noise as all of them turned to look at Daehyun.

“Daehyun-ah?” Youngjae called the latter’s name softly. A second later, Daehyun opened his eyes and squirmed uncomfortably with the sudden light as he tried to adjust it. He looked at Youngjae and the other person there confusedly.

“W-what… W-where…?” Daehyun wanted to speak but his throat felt dried. Youngjae immediately poured the water into the glass beside the hospital bed. She kindly helped Daehyun to drink it with a care.

“What happened to you? Did you got bully by someone at school?” Youngjae asked. She didn’t mention a name even she was so sure who is it.

“Aigoo… it’s hurt. Aishh…” The blonde boy groaned lowly as he tried to sit up, ignoring Youngjae’s question. By the sight of white colour printed on the wall, Daehyun was fast to recognize where he was. And he doesn’t thinking too much other than to get out of there quickly.

“You better stay on the bed, young man. You got discharged after 3 days.” Jinwoo told him as he stopped Daehyun by holding his shoulder gently.

“Huh? Ah! No, no, no. I’m fine. I’m used to it.” Daehyun pushed the doctor’s hand weakly and he tried his attempt once again. He messaged his forehead when he felt dizzy with the surrounding.

“Yah. What’s with you? You’re totally in pain. Stay on the bed.” Jongup frowned with his friend’s action.

“I’m fine. I can’t stay here for another 3 days or I’ll die from debts to pay the hospital bills. I already had a debt with Youngjae’s brother. That’s enough.” Daehyun refused stubbornly.

“……? That’s what you were thinking first?” Everyone was stunned by his words a little before Naeun is the first one opened to ask.

“Yeah. Move. I want to go back home. No… work! I’ll have work. What’s time is it now?” Daehyun glanced everywhere frantically without caring towards his pain body. He tried to pull out whatever wire that connected on his wrist but Jinwoo stopped him from doing that.

“Calm down, Daehyun-ah. I’m worried that you can’t go anywhere because I am your doctor. Your blood pressure is low because of your fever. So you had no choice but stay here for another 3 days. About the bills, I will take care of it okay?” Jinwoo held Daehyun’s shoulder firmly as he stared through the dark brown eyes. He feel sympathy with the blonde boy who looks like aimless. At the same time, something was bugging on his heart by looking at Daehyun’s face.

“I’m totally fine, doc. I was used to be like this before. This pain was nothing!” Daehyun was indeed a stubborn boy.

“Don’t be stubborn, Jung Daehyun. Stay here will you? What works you can do in these condition? I ordered someone later about that. This doctor here is my uncle. So don’t worry too much about the bills and OBEY.” Youngjae was started to lose her patient as she scolds the latter.

“I don’t care. I don’t want to lose my precious job because of this small matter. Easy for you to say because you lived as rich people while I have to work for my life support.”

Youngjae bit her lip as the blonde boy still have an urge to argue with her even he was on the hospital bed. She rolled her eyes in annoyance but calmed down herself before she speaks,

“Daehyun-ah. Okay. Listen to me. Didn’t I say that I will order someone to tell your manager about your condition? Don’t suffocate your mind with that. Your body was already weak. Just take a rest and be healthy again, hmm?” Youngjae said softly as she pushed Daehyun’s fringe to the back while the blonde boy stared at her quietly.

“Youngjae was right, Daehyun-ah. Take a rest or you can go to sleep.” Jongup agreed to the princess. He smiled to reassure his friend. Daehyun was battling with himself before he slumped down his weak body on the hospital bed in defeat.

“What about school?” He asked innocently. Jinwoo was taken back but then he chuckled at the question as he shakes his head in disbelief. This boy sure had many things to worry…

“Stop asking and go to sleep!” Youngjae couldn’t control anymore as she demand the stubborn boy while glaring at Daehyun which making him pouted like a child. Naeun was squealed at the cuteness not too loud but enough for Jongup to roll his eyes seeing his cousin was fangirling over Daehyun.

“Why do you care...” Daehyun mumbled sleepily. The moment he put his head on the soft pillow, the sleepiness was suddenly coming to him. He assumed it was because of the sudden fever he had and his tired body. But still he wanted to stay awake.

“Sleep, Daehyun-ah. Don’t mind us.” Naeun said while sending a wide smile after she watched the blonde boy still with his stubborn head refused to do whatever they asked. Jinwoo was amused with all of his action. However, less than seconds Daehyun already dozed off. His eyes was fluttered close tightly as they watched the latter’s chest up and down in stable breath. He was indeed in a deep sleep.

“I don’t know he was this stubborn even he was sick.” Youngjae huffed quietly, not wanting to wake up the sleeping boy as she fixed the blanket up to Daehyun’s chest. Jongup couldn’t help but laughed lowly hearing that.

“But then… who might do this to him? So sudden?” Naeun asked in a confusion. They turned to look at her.

“Yeah… that’s right. I wanted to know because he is my patient.” Jinwoo agreed with Naeun.  

“I thinks I might know who did this to Daehyun.” Jongup said as he sighed heavily.

 

~

 

Daehyun was sitting on his hospital bed lazily as he got nothing to do other than watching the television or eating the foods which he doesn’t like because of the not so delicious taste. After being admitted here yesterday, he left no choice but to stay and waited for another days passed until he discharged. He was bored to death as he whined silently on his pillow. Daehyun then decides to hum a song that he currently practiced with Youngjae.

But his choice was wrong as his mind went on the person who he wanted the least to think which is that princess. Why Youngjae was so kind to him? Even the princess still acts like a to him, Daehyun didn’t missed the concern look on her face. It makes his heart flustered as he felt he likes it when he knows someone was worried about him. He thought it was normal for him to got beaten as he used to it before in his previous school when Hongbin and his gang bullied him. So he didn’t mind it at all. However, this time maybe the worst because Mark success in sending him to the hospital as usually Daehyun will end up at school infirmary.

“What are you thinking, young man?” Jinwoo who Daehyun acknowledged him as his doctor spoke, disrupting his thought. A nurse was following behind him with a tray of foods and his medicine on her hands before she put it on Daehyun’s lap gently.

“Aigoo… can I eat something else? I’m not a picky eater but this was tasteless and I am not that sick.” Daehyun pouted at the sight of porridge. Jinwoo laughed as he checked the blonde’s pulse like a professional doctor would do.

“That was a normal thing when you are a patient in the hospital.” He wrote something on the board while glancing at Daehyun.

The latter was pouted more as he takes a spoonful of porridge and eats it slowly. He makes a face when it comes to the contact of his tongue before put down the spoon back. He lost his appetite and looked down to the porridge sadly. The nurse was silently watching him with amused face while changing his IV drip.

“Don’t make that face. Eat up while it still hot so you can eat your medicine next.” Jinwoo wanted to laugh as the blonde boy acts like he was a child need to be spoil. Daehyun doesn’t respond to him as he played with the porridge by stirring it slowly. Jinwoo sighed in defeat as he watched Daehyun after finishing checked on his health progress.

“What do you want to eat? I asks my wife to bring here.” Daehyun immediately looked up with his twinkle eyes along a bright smile on his face.

“Really? You don’t make a joke, right doc?? I didn’t heard wrong?” Daehyun threw so many questions to confirm his hearing. He clasped his hands on chest hopefully causing the doctor and the nurse chuckled at him.

“I don’t do joke. After all, the lunch time about to come. My wife will be here later.” Jinwoo said.

“Really? I won’t ask much because I don’t want to be burden to you. As I said before… I am not picky eater. So anything should be fine as long as it taste delicious!” Daehyun exclaimed like a little child asking his father to buy a toy. Somehow he feels comfortable with his doctor’s presence around him even they were met yesterday.

“But then… what will gonna do with this porridge? Food shouldn’t be waste.” Being a food lover he is, Daehyun also doesn’t want it to be throw away just like that.

Before Jinwoo could replied, the noise from outside the room was heard as the door opened. Youngjae along with Jongup and Naeun plus the tall boy who Daehyun doesn’t remember if he ever knows him entered his room loudly.

“Hi Daehyunie! Oh? You’re having lunch?” Naeun greets him happily. Daehyun flashed her a sweet smile as a return which making Naeun squealing inside her heart. Youngjae rolled her eyes, clearly not please with it.

“Hi Daehyun hyung! I’m Junhong. This stupid noona’s brother.” The tall boy kindly introduced himself to the confuse Daehyun while pointing to Naeun.

“Yah! I’m not stupid!” They laughed as the two siblings were bickering to each other.

“Ah! Uncle Jinwoo. Aunty Jess was down there with Jaehwan. She might waiting for you to have lunch together.” Youngjae told her uncle. Jinwoo took a glance on his watch as the realization hit him.

“So Daehyun… I take a leave first. I’ll come back later with your foods. About porridge, you can give to your friend.” He winked to the blonde boy playfully. Daehyun turned to look at his friends who stood there confusedly by the doctor’s word.

“Jongup-ah~” Daehyun called the smiling-angel Jongup with a puppy eyes as he raised his tray of foods towards him while battling his eyelashes cutely.

“What?”

 

~

 


What do you think, guys?? Hmm?? ^^

And #HappyMoonDay :D