One

He's My Sweetheart!

It just a normal day for a boy like Daehyun. He get up early in the morning, doing things like all the people would do and preparing to go to his school like usual. After locking the door of his shabby small house, Daehyun walked out of his gate. Then, he saw Mrs Kim which in her late 40’s was going out of her house too. Preparing to go to the supermarket, he thinks. Mrs Kim was carrying her trolley that full of different vegetables and fruits.

“Ahjumma, good morning!” Daehyun waved and sending her a gentle smile. Mrs Kim looked up when she heard someone greets her.

“Oh Daehyun-ah! Good morning too! Aren’t you go to school now?”

Daehyun glanced at his watch. “Yes, I’m going now! Ahjumma, be careful on the road, okay?”

“You too. Go now before you’re late.”

“Ahjumma, catch it!” Daehyun shoots her some bullet of loves while Mrs Kim practically played along as she pretends to catch it. Daehyun laughed.

“Aish, this young man. Go get some girlfriend!” Mrs Kim shakes her head with a smile on her face.

“Let’s date then, ahjumma.”

“Yah, this rascal. Your ahjussi will get mad, you know!” Mrs Kim scoffed as Daehyun laughed out heartily.

“Eyy ahjumma. It’s joke. I don’t want to date with ahjumma too! I’m going first!” Daehyun runs away quickly as Mrs Kim glared at him. Then, she smiled seeing Daehyun makes a love shape above his head from a far.

 

~

Daehyun arrived at his school around 8am as he gets off the bus along with other students who studying in the same school with him. He walked to his class alone while playing some musics in his white earphones, completely blocking out other sounds. As Daehyun entered his classroom, everyone in the class stared at him in disgust and hatred look. He makes his way to his desk, ignoring the stares he got and pretends like nothing happened.

"You stared at me like you saw an alien. Itch", Daehyun mumbled quietly while rolling his eyes.

Before he get sits on his chair, suddenly the chair got pulled away behind him as he falls on his painfully. The entired class was laughing loudly without asking if he was okay or not. Daehyun closed his eyes and trying to calm himself from being angry. It's okay, Daehyun-ah. This is nothing. He calmed down himself.

"Guys, isn't he shameless? He dare to make a poker face and keep coming into this school. Who he thinks he is, huh? Such a poor kid." Ken, one of his classmate said. 

"Yeah. He always a shameless person I ever met. My mother said if you don’t have money, don’t act like you have. But he? Still going to school when he is barely living. I’m pity”, Ravi scoffed.

Daehyun get up from his position and casually took his chair before sitting on it. It still early but he already being bullied. He sighed. Daehyun completely ignored all their words as it become nothing when he heard it everyday.

"Yah, you guys know what? I heard that he was an illegal child. His mother was a mistress of his father before they get married. His mother must be a shame to have a child out of wedlock. That’s why he got abandoned. What a ! It’s disgusting! I bet he will be like his m---", Hongbin insults was stopped when Daehyun had punch him right on his face. Everyone gasped loudly.

"Yah! How dare you to punch me!"

"Then, who are you to insult my mother, huh???!" Hongbin didn't wait as he get up on the floor and punched Daehyun back. Everyone in the class begins to cheer as they surrounded them.

"Your mother is a !!", Hongbin shouts as he smirked when Daehyun's face was turned to red. He knows that he already reached the boy’s limit.

“Said that once again, you’re dead!”

“Oh yeah? Go ahead. Your mother is. a. !”, Hongbin said purposely to add oil in the burning heart. Without a second, he was throwed on the floor as Daehyun get on top of him and beats him like a crazy person.  

"You are really dead now! You have no right to say her like that!"

"Yah, what happened? Jung Daehyun! Stop it!", a male teacher coming after hearing the loud cheer from the students in the classroom.

"You rascal!! You’re dead!”

"Jung Daehyun! I'll say stop!" The teacher decides to refrain Daehyun from beating Hongbin who was barely conscious now with the help of some students. All of Hongbin's friend were helping him to get up from the floor.

"Let me go!! Let me go! I'll kill him! You have no right to say her like that!!" Daehyun shouts all of his might while his body was being dragged by the teacher out of his classroom.

 

~

 

Daehyun was standing quietly at the corner of the principle's room with a bruise on his lip and keep staring on the floor. No emotion was displayed on his face. Hongbin was standing beside him while smirking at the other boy.

"How can you let this brutal student stayed at this school? Poor my child." Mrs Lee, Hongbin's mother glared at Daehyun and cooed over his son. Hongbin just whined a little when his mother touched on his bruised face. This makes Daehyun scoffed at the sight.

"I'm sorry, Madam. I won't let this thing happened anymore." Mr Park, the school's principle apologized.

"How will you do? I want this kid get transferred to other schools. Sends him far away. I don't want my son got beats by him again."

"But madam--"

"Why? Just transferred him in some schools at Seoul. If you don't want, I'll tell my husband not to sponsor to this school anymore."

"Typical rich person...", Daehyun makes a click sound in his mouth while rolling his eyes.

"What do you say? This kid is really has no manner. No wonder he was a son", Mrs Lee glared at him. Daehyun was immediately looked up and bravely enough to make an eye contact with her.

"Ahjumma, watch what you say!", Daehyun warned. He glared at Mrs Lee.

"Why? Do you think I will scared with that face of yours? Ahjumma you called? Yah, I am a person with a high level! Your parents must have never teached you a manner!", Mrs Lee purposely said to hurt Daehyun’s heart.

"Oh yeah? Then what about you, ahjumma? Have you teach your son a manner? But no wonder he doesn't.. Like mother, like a son. Am I right?"

“Yah, this rascal!”

"Jung Daehyun! Watch your word!"

"Me? Watch my word? Mr Park, aren't this unfair to me? The one who should watch the word is them! You don't insults other people casually."

"If your attitude like this, I already made a decision to transfer you to Seoul. I don't want a student like you." Mr Park said sternly. Daehyun stared at Mr Park in disbelief. He then walked to the principle's table with an unreadable expression.

"I am too. I don't think I can go to a school with the principle like you. Only looks at the rich people. Itch."

With the last word, Daehyun get out of the office without taking a glance to other people in the room. He sighed heavily once he was out of the room.

"Way to go, Daehyun."

 

~