Dongwoon

Just Because

 

Doojoon was 21 when he asked Dongwoon to join their team.  He remembered the day exactly.  It had been two months since he and Yoseob had started going out.  They were celebrating their monthiversary. 

The two were walking through town under a star filled sky, hand in hand when a rather large and cheering crowd caught their attention.

Yoseob, being the easily excitable boy he was immediately dragged his boyfriend to see what was up. 

A drag race.

Doojoon looked at a few tv screens that were set up, showing two cars at various points of the city speeding through small streets and drifting around corners.  He was amazed at the skill of the driver in the silver car.  Saying he made it look easy was an understatement.

The race was coming to an end, they could tell by the way the crowd moved towards the finish line and how the roars of cheering grew louder.

It was a photo finish, that silver car finishing half a car length ahead of its blue competitor. 

Doojoon was slightly surprised when a very tall, Arab looking man stepped out of the car.  He was surprised because he didn’t think foreigners were allowed in to such secretive underground organizations.

The man was slightly arrogant.  Walking around his car with his arms outstretched as if to challenge anyone in the crowd.  The loser of the race approached, looking a little more than upset. 

“Yah! Dongwoon!” The blue car driver stepped up, “You cheated!”

“I did no such thing,” the Arab looking man smirked back, “you’re just a bit hurt that you got beat once again.”

“You !”

“Yeah? That’s what your mom was doing to me last night,” The man winked with a smirk, causing his competitor to charge him with a punch.

The tall man fought with his competitor for a while, Yoseob made a comment on his sloppy technique, before he was finally able to win.  His size played a major part in gaining the upper hand.

“Son Donwoon,” a slightly older man appeared through the cheering crowd, “what did I tell you about fighting?!”

“He threw the first punch,” Dongwoon rolled his eyes, walking towards his car.

“Give me the keys,” the man ordered.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” the tall man turned around, anger evident in his eyes.

“I’ve talked to you numerous times, you can’t keep fighting with the other drivers and you never listen!  I’m revoking my sponsorship of you.  You’re not worth your earnings if I have to keep doing crowd control,” the older man stated.

“Fine,” Dongwoon threw the keys at the man’s feet before roughly pushing his way through the crowd.

Doojoon looked to his boyfriend who was wearing a smirk on his face.

“We gonna get a driver today?” The blonde asked.

“We could give it a shot, I suppose,” Doojoon smiled back, dragging his boyfriend to follow the recently dismissed driver.

“Hey you!” Doojoon panted when the two finally caught up to the taller man.

“What do you want?” The Arab man asked, clearly annoyed at the sudden disturbance.

“You’re pretty good,” Yoseob complimented, with a smile.

“What does it matter to you?” The driver huffed.

“I’ve got an offer for you,” Doojoon spoke up.

“What kind of offer?” The Dongwoon asked suspiciously.

“First of all, my name is Yoon Doojoon, and this little guy here is Yang Yoseob,” Doojoon introduced, putting an arm around Yoseob’s shoulders.  “I’ve been putting together a team and I could really use a driver.”

“What kind of team?”

“It’s not your regular racing team.  We’re in the mafia, we’ve got everything else, but we don’t have a driver,” Doojoon explained.

“You expect me to believe that little kid is in the mafia?” Dongwoon laughed heartily.

“I wouldn’t joke about it if I were you,” Doojoon warned, “this ‘kid’ is our hand-to-hand combat specialist.  He could kill you in less than 5 seconds if needed.”

“Tch,” Dongwoon scoffed, “what’s in it for me?”

“Well, you may or may not know, but Yoon is the top name when it comes to mafias in Korea.  I pay very well, your talents won’t go to waste, and I can provide protection, excitement, a home.  The list goes on, we all have different reasons for being here,” the older man explained.

“My talents,” Dongwoon chuckled, “I’m a racer, not a mobster.”

“You might like it,” Yoseob spoke.

“Let’s give it a go, shall we? Dongwoon, right?”  Doojoon smiled, leading the man to where his own sports car was waiting.  “This is my baby,” Doojoon said, walking to the passenger side of his black Lamborghini Estoque and tossing Dongwoon the keys.  “Get in and start her up.”

Once inside the car, Dongwoon admired the interior, this was a really expensive car.  He was sure he’d never sat at the wheel of anything this expensive before.

“Now I want you to drive out of here, turn right at the light and make a point to speed,” Doojoon ordered.

“But, this area is crawling with cops by now,” Dongwoon said incredulously.

“Exactly,” Doojoon smiled, “outrun them.”

Dongwoon turned to look out the front window, grabbing on to the steering wheel with both hands before going to start the engine.

“One more thing,” Doojoon spoke up. 

Dongwoon looked at the young mafia leader.

“Don’t hurt this baby,” he patted the dashboard of his car, “or that one,” he pointed to the smiling blonde who was seated in the back.

Dongwoon took a deep breath before pulling out of the parking lot.  He sped up as soon as he was out on the road and was quick to catch the attention of the cop.  Always wanting to impress, Dongwoon easily swerved in and out of traffic and drifted around corners with a skill that seemed to be blessed by the gods.

Dongwoon looked in the rearview mirror, there were two cop cars following them right now.  He looked to his right side view mirror, nothing.  He looked to his left side view mirror, which was clear too.  He took a deep breath before stepping on the break, drifting to a complete 180 degree turn.  The two cop cars were unable to react fast enough and raced right past the turned car which was now effortlessly driving away in the other direction.

The driver smiled smugly looking to see the reaction of the other two.  The man sitting on his right barely had a reaction at all.  He was sitting calmly with one arm resting up on the door while messing with his phone.  And the blonde guy in the back…was he sleeping?!

“What kind of people are these?” Dongwoon asked himself, it didn’t matter though.  The adrenaline pumping through his veins at that moment was intoxicating.  He never got that kind of high from his races.  He was addicted.

“Very nice,” Doojoon commented, noticing they were no longer being followed by any cops.  He pulled up his built in gps and had it navigate them home.  “Just follow the direction, that’s our house.  Do you think you want to hang out for a while?”

“Do I get to drive cars like this?” Dongwoon asked, completely in love with the vehicle.

“Any car in the garage,” Doojoon smiled.

“I’m in,” Dongwoon smiled for the first time that night.

 


 

AN: Sorry once again for the really late update.  If this chapter looks familiar then it probably is.  :p  This is one of the chapters I already had written but when I decided to change the story around this part didn't come until later.  Now it's time for Mr. Dongwoon!  Hooray!  Still not exactly sure where I'm going with this but it will probably be finishing soon :/