Enter the Doctor

Just Because

“Hyunseung-ssi, there’s someone on the phone for you,” Jiyong, a blonde man of a bit shorter stature called, handing the phone to his dongsaeng who was studying some medical articles on his laptop.

“Who is it?” The studious boy asked, looking up from an article on treating swollen glands.

“He said his name was Yoon Doojoon,” Jiyong shrugged, handing over the phone and going back to the kitchen to prepare his dinner.

Hyunseung immediately became alert, recognizing the name, “Hello?” Hyunseung greeted into the phone.

“Hyunseung-ah, hello, it’s good to talk to you again,” the man on the other end of the line said.

“Hello Doojoon-ah,” Hyunseung shifted, setting his laptop to the side and sitting up.

“Have you thought about my proposal?”

“I have and you should already know my choice,” the medical student said.

“I just wanted you to think about it without rushing in, you don’t need to feel obligated to do this,” Doojoon assured.

“I know, but this is what I want to do,” Hyunseung said with confidence.

“I was hoping you’d say that,” he could hear the smile in the other man’s voice.  “I’ve sent you an email then with my current team.  I’ll be happy to add you to the list soon.  When do you think we can be expecting you?”

“I’m happy to be on the list and I will arrive in the next week or so, I just need to get everything in order first.”

“Not a problem, I look forward to seeing you.  Take care,” Doojoon said before hanging up, letting Hyunseung relax back into his couch.

“So you’re really going?” Jiyong asked, breaking Hyunseung from his thoughts as he took the seat next to his friend.  Jiyong was Hyunseung’s current roommate, he was also a medical student but he was continuing his schooling.

“Yeah, I’ve been waiting for this for years now.  This man’s father is the whole reason I started studying medicine so intently,” the doe-eyed boy explained as he pulled his laptop to his lap again and opened up his email, “he says he sent a list of his team.  Want to check it out with me?”

“Of course,” Jiyong say down enthusiastically, “I have to know at least the names of the big scary men taking my baby boy away.”

“They’re not big and scary and I’m not your baby boy,” Hyunseung rolled his eyes with a chuckle.

“But they are taking you away from me!” The older boy jabbed his friend in the ribs.

“You’re leaving too, you dork,” Hyunseung said, opening the email from Doojoon.  “Alright, let’s check these guys out.”

Yoon Doojoon:
Birth date:  July 4, 1989
Son of Yoon Bonhwa, who is the leader of the Yoon gang.  Doojoon is well studied and trained in the ways of the mafia.  He has surpassed his ordinary classmates in almost every category and will create his own team to lead.

Lee GiKwang:
Birth date: March 30, 1990
Son of Lee KiHoon, a well established weapon’s specialist who also works for Mr. Yoon.  Kikwang is a prodigy in the field of weapon.  He both develops and customizes various types of weapons, including guns and knives.

Yang Yoseob:
Birth date: January 5, 1990
An orphan who was taken in by the Yoons.  A hand to hand combat specialist who had a few ties to the mafia when he was brought in.  His reaction times are far superior to a normal human being and his coordination surpasses even that of Doojoon.

Yong Junhyung:
Birth date: December 19, 1989
An orphan who grew up in the foster program.  Mr. Yoon picked him up when he was 16 from a reformatory school.  He was a bit of a trouble maker in the past but he is a good fit for the mafia setting.  His talents include pyrotechnics as well as lock picking.

“Well, they seem fun,” Jiyong mused, looking at the 4 men on the screen once more.

“Indeed,” the younger nodded, eyes lingering on the last man’s photo just a little longer than needed. This was going to be an interesting move.  Hyunseung smiled to himself once more before standing up, “let’s have dinner, shall we?”

 

 

Doojoon was turning 19 when he met Hyunseung face to face for the first time.  He’d often heard of the young medical prodigy and had even contacted him a couple times through email and telephone.  Doojoon was getting to the age where he’d have to form his own team and so it was only necessary that he look for a doctor to join them. 

“Hello, my name is Jang Hyunseung, please treat me well,” the feminine looking boy bowed to the four friends.

“Wahhh! He’s so pretty!” Kikwang was the first to jump up and hug the boy, quickly followed by an eager Yoseob.  It was true, Hyunseung looked much like a girl.  He had light brown hair that fell just past his ears and a delicate physique.  He had very high cheek bones that made his smile seem even friendlier and big doe eyes that made him seem young and hopeful.

“Welcome Hyunseung,” Doojoon also stood up to greet the new comer.  “Ok guys, calm down.  It’s going to be hard to introduce everyone with you guys jumping around like that,” Doojoon scolded the two youngest boys.

Hyunseung giggled at the pouts that formed as the two boys sat back down on the couches in the living room.

“As you know,” Doojoon started, “I’m Yoon Doojoon.  That one there with the spiky hair, is my long time friend Lee Kikwang,” said boy gave his best eye smile, “he’s our weapons specialist, but I understand you probably won’t need him for any equipment.”

Hyunseung smiled and nodded at that.

“Next is this bundle of joy,” Doojoon stood behind where Yoseob was seated on the couch and patted the blonde on the head, “is Yang Yoseob, he may not look it, but he is our resident ninja.” Yoseob giggled, “he’s a combat specialist.”

Hyunseung waved at the smiling blonde.

“And lastly,” Doojoon gestured at the brunette across the room sitting in his own oversized chair, “that grump there is Yong Junhyung.”

“Yah! I’m not a grump,” Junhyung stood and faced the medical expert with a blush, “I’m Junhyung, I deal with bombs and explosive as well as other small things like lock picking and stuff.”  The pyrotechnic extended his hand which Hyunseung gladly shook.

“Nice to meet you all,” the doe-eyed boy smiled.  “I guess I’ll introduce myself,” the boy looked at Doojoon who gave him a slight nod to go on, “I’m a medical specialist, you could say.  Not a typical doctor as I was raised in the mafia.  I’ve shadowed my father since I was 14 and helped him on numerous operations.  I’m still learning but I will do my best.”

“We’re really lucky to have him,” Doojoon added, “he had offers in the US to be a surgeon over there too and to attend some of the best schools.”

“Wow!” Yoseob and Kikwang had matching expressions.  Jaws hanging on the ground.

“You know where my loyalties lie, Doojoon hyung,” Hyunseung said, slightly rolling his eyes.  “After what your father did for my family, I jumped at the opportunity as soon as I saw you’d contacted me.”

“I’m glad,” Doojoon added, “but I don’t want you to follow me just to fulfill a debt.”

“I assure you Doojoon-ah, this is exactly where I want to be,” Hyunseung smiled a genuine smile.

 

 


AN: So, it's a bit messy, but here's an update! Really sorry for taking so long on this.  I've been swamped with work but here is Hyunseung!  And as I said already, there are parts that you've probably already read so bear with me please ^^