Chapter 10

Just Because

Doojoon and Hyunseung immediately ran to their team mates.  Hyunseung reached Junhyung first, who was already sitting up and coughing a bit.  He didn’t seem to be too hurt.  He had a few scratched and bruises but luckily his bomb wasn’t too strong.

Doojoon passed Junhyung and Hyunseung and ventured to where the smoke was clearing from the blonde who was lying on the ground with his back facing the leader.  Doojoon dropped to his knees a bit roughly and reached out, hands hovering over the smaller boy for a second almost afraid to touch him.  When he finally did lay a hand on the boy’s side he rolled him over, ever so gently. 

Yoseob was already looking into Doojoon’s eyes, tears threatening to spill.

“D-Did I lose?” Yoseob asked, in a small voice causing relief to wash over the older boy.  He wasn’t badly injured; he was more worried about the outcome of the fight.  The blonde seriously reminded Doojoon of a young child at the moment.

“Are you hurt at all?” Doojoon asked ignoring the question as he examined a small cut on the younger’s cheek.

Yoseob shook his head, sitting up but slightly leaning on Doojoon as his head was reeling from the blast.

“I’m sorry,” the blonde pouted, disappointed in himself.

“For what?” Doojoon asked, taken aback.

“I lost,” Yoseob choked, finally letting a few tears fall.

Doojoon gave a sigh.  He stood up, gently pulling the small boy to his feet.  He kept a firm hold of Yoseob as he led him past a guilty looking Junhyung and a curious Hyunseung and out the door.

They walked a short way down the hallway and turned a corner, climbing one flight of stairs before they entered the medical hallway.  They didn’t go into Hyunseung’s office but rather the room next to it which was fully equipped with medical supplied.

“Sit,” Doojoon ordered the small blonde as he searched through drawers and cabinets.

Yoseob did as he was told and took a seat on the side of the medical bed that was in the room, afraid that he angered his leader.  He did seem a bit disappointed to say the least.  Instead of watching and dreading the inevitable lecture he fixed his eyes on the ground and blinked back the new tears that were forming.  He had let Doojoon down.

“Ok,” Doojoon said, once he’d collected all he needed.  He knelt in front of Yoseob, bending down so that he could look up at Yoseob’s face.  “Are you alright?”

Yoseob, slightly surprised at the gentleness of the question looked up to meet Doojoon’s gaze.  He nodded.

Doojoon didn’t seem upset but he still felt like he let him down.

“I’m going to clean that for you,” Doojoon pointed at the cut on Yoseob’s cheek.  The cut that he hadn’t even noticed was there due to the adrenaline pumping through his veins but now that it was fading he could feel the stinging in his face.

Yoseob winced slightly as the older boy dabbed alcohol soaked cotton suave on his wound.

“You didn’t lose,” Doojoon stated, simply.

Yoseob’s eyes widened, “but, he blew me up.  I let myself get distracted and he blew me up.  I failed, I’m supposed to be the combat specialist and I lost a simple training match.”  Yoseob was letting his frustrations out now.  What had bottled up in those past five minutes, he was letting go.  “The reason you brought me here was because I was of use in a fight and now I can’t even do that properly.  I’m useless now; you don’t need someone like me.  I’m going to have to go back to the streets.”

 “Stop!”  Doojoon barked, slightly overwhelmed by the self degrading rant his friend was giving him. He rolled his eyes; he was beginning to get frustrated at this point.  He needed to convince Yoseob that he was important and that they all wanted him here.  But how?  Then it hit him.

 “First of all, you’re not going anywhere.  Secondly, Junhyung blew himself up too.  And lastly, I didn’t bring you here because I thought I could use you.  I brought you here because I liked you.”

“What?!” Yoseob wasn’t sure he heard his friend correctly.

“I said, I brought you here because I liked you,” Doojoon gazed into the blonde’s round eyes, trying to convey the correct emotions to the other.  He needed him to understand.

Yoseob tried to digest what the mafia was telling him but he was having a hard time convincing himself what he heard was true, “Go to ing hell, Yoon Doojoon.  That’s not how the mafia works.  Why are you playing with my emotions like this?”  The small blonde was angry now, which Doojoon was not expecting at all.

“What?!” He honestly didn’t foresee this at all.

“I said stop playing with my emotions.  Do you think this is a game?  In the mafia people don’t care about other people and everyone is replaceable.”

“Would you cut that out already?” Doojoon rolled his eyes at the younger.  “I’m not lying to you, from the moment I saw your face I knew there was something different about you.  I didn’t know what it was at first but I liked you and I wanted you around.  When these feelings did start to grow, though, I became scared because I didn’t know how you would react to them so I kept them to myself.  But now you need to know.  I’m not sending you away, I don’t care if you don’t win every fight, and I’m not keeping you here based on how useful you are to the mafia.  I’m keeping you here because I love you.”

“Y-You…wha?” Yoseob was speechless.

“I love you, Yang Yoseob.  From the moment I first laid eyes on you in that alley, and that love has done nothing but grow through these past few years,” Doojoon explained with a gentle smile on his face as he reminisced at their first meeting.

The older boy was taken aback when tears started to fall from the blonde’s eyes.  He though he’d just ruined everything the two had and almost regretted confessing at all.

“Yoon Doojoon…” Yoseob finally spoke, “I hate you,” he cried as he leaned forward and wrapped his arms tightly around his friend’s neck.

The brunette let the breath he didn’t realize he was holding out.  He smiled as he wrapped his arms around the other.

“What took you so long?”

Doojoon chuckled, “I’m sorry, I just didn’t want to ruin what we had.”

“Pabo,” Yoseob said, pulling back with a smile.

Doojoon smiled back as he placed a quick kiss on Yoseob’s lips.

“Now let’s go see if Hyunseung’s managed to locate Junhyung’s brain after that mess.”


AN: Hi everyone, I'm so sorry for having neglected this fic for the past month and a half.  I've recently moved to Japan to study abroad for the semester and I've been really busy with being a foreigner and all :p  I'll try to remind myself to update but I'll probably be a while.  Please bear with me everyone T.T

みんなさんが大好き<3