You Belong

Just Because

“Junnie?”

Junhyung looked up from his blue prints for his current project to see the hopeful face of Yoseob in front of him.  He was sitting in the study at one of the many desks and they were the only ones in there at the moment.

“Yes?”

“Can I ask you something?”  The blonde questioned eyes big and pleading.

“Of course,” the pyromaniac nodded, sensing the other was troubled by something, “is everything alright?”

“Well, I was just wondering,” Yoseob lowered his eyes, almost embarrassed by his thoughts, “do you ever feel like you don’t belong here?”

“What?” Junhyung’s attention was immediately all on Yoseob, it wasn’t good that the boy didn’t feel like he belonged and he needed to fix that.


 

AN: Ok so I'm where I want to be right now.  Working on my update :)

The blonde fighter had been living in the Yoon mansion for about three weeks now and he seemed to be doing well.  He attended class with Kikwang and went to his training lessons with Doojoon.  He shared a room with Junhyung since the two were the only ones in the house that didn’t have anyone else to live with so it was natural that Junhyung was a bit closer to the boy than the others.

The truth is Junhyung liked Yoseob.  Not anything romantic of course but he saw him like the younger brother he never had, even though the kid was only a few days younger.  Yoseob was tenacious when he needed to be but adopted the adorable, helpless image when he wasn’t fighting.  It made seeing him in combat all the more amazing. 

Junhyung felt the need to protect Yoseob when he could.  He took care of him and made sure he felt comfortable when he could.  He knew what it was like to be a loner but he felt that Yoseob probably had it a lot worse than he did.  Sure he was alone from a very young age, but that meant that he never really got to know his parents.  Yoseob had to watch his loved one’s die and had to fend for himself for a few years just to survive.  Anyone else in his place would want to make sure the blonde felt safe and secure as much as possible.

“Yoseob,” Junhyung started, “did something happen that made you feel like you don’t belong here?”

The blonde didn’t answer.

“Yoseob?  Did someone say something to you?”

“No,” Yoseob shook his head, “nobody said anything, I just feel like I’m in the way.”

“What do you mean ‘in the way’?” Junhyung asked, motioning for the other to sit in the chair next to him.

“I don’t know, I just feel like that.  I mean, before I was here, Doojoon-hyung had his lessons alone so he could learn more but now Mr. Kim has to take time explaining everything to me and Kikwang has to share his tutor with me because I’m really far behind in school and everyone just has to look out for me because I don’t know what I’m doing half the time and I just feel like I’m in the way,” the blonde pouted, huffing at the end of his rant.

“Ok, first of all Doojoon-hyung is the one that brought you here.  He doesn’t mind sharing his lessons and in fact he told me the other day he actually likes having someone to spar with now because he always had to just do drills with Mr. Kim.  He’s excited because he thinks he can get better now because you’re really good at what you do.  Kikwang is ecstatic that he has a friend in his class.  He’s a little crazy sometimes and people aren’t very good at putting up with him for long periods of time, you happen to be very good at that.  And lastly I am really happy that I finally have a roommate because I was the only one here that had a suite to myself.  I really like having you around and we’re the only ones that matter right now.  You don’t have to worry about what anyone else thinks because frankly, it doesn’t matter.  Understand?”

The blonde nodded, a bit surprised at all the new info.  “You really like having me around?”

“I love it,” Junhyung smiled as he ruffled the younger’s hair.  He wasn’t lying either, the younger had a contagious smile and his sense of humor complimented Junhyung’s.  He was good company.

“Thanks Junnie,” Yoseob smiled, “so you think Doojoon-hyung and Kikwangie like me too?”

“Of course they like you!  Doojoon liked you from the moment he laid eyes on you.  How many people take random strangers home within minutes of meeting them?” Junhyung laughed as Yoseob shrugged his shoulders.  “And Kikwang likes you because, well, let’s be honest, Kikwang likes everyone.  I don’t think that kid has a hateful bone in his body.”

“Thanks Junhyung,” the blonde grinned, truly thankful that these people had come in to his life.