CHAPTER 21

Does It Matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

x

Wendy

“You’re telling me that I should visit him?” Jackson’s giving me this please-just-say-yes look but I’m not going to give in. At least not yet.

And why should I do that? I mean, it’s not like he needs me there or something. “Yeah, so just say yes and I’ll drop you off there.”

“Tell me first why I should go.” I demanded.

He muttered something but I didn’t understand what he’s saying so I just stared at him. “Just please say yes.”

He huffed. Huh. “Both of you are not acting like yourselves. There’s definitely something wrong and I can’t stand it when my friends are not in good terms. The two of you stopped talking with each other for like… five weeks now!”

“So you’re the angel here? And what made you think that there’s something wrong between us?”

“Because,” he let out a frustrated sigh, “I’m not blind.”

“You’re not even going to ask me what happened?”

“What? Are you going to tell me? Because I asked Mark and he ignored me.” He ignores everyone, though. This guy’s crazy.

“Only if you’re going to ask me.” Suddenly, I’m nervous all over again. I’m not even talking to him. I’m talking to his friend. “And you seriously want me to go there when you just said it yourself that we stopped talking for quite some time now?”

“You are obviously changing the topic,” he rolled his eyes and scoffed, “Just please enlighten me?”

“I told him,” this is the first time that I told someone the truth—well except Mark, “that… I like him.” That I love him. And that no matter how much I tell myself not to love him, I just find myself falling for him even harder—if that’s even possible.

I no longer feel the butterflies in my stomach whenever I see him, I no longer feel giddy or excited, but I do feel genuinely happy because I get to see him. I get to hear his voice. I get to see his smile and the crease in his forehead whenever he’s thinking of something. I get to see him curse someone under his breath. I get to hear him hum his favorite songs and many more other things about him that makes me happy down to my heart.

“That’s absurd!” I did not expect that reaction from Jackson. Does he not understand? “The two of you stopped talking after that?” why does he look so not amused, of course we stopped talking! Why would he talk to someone who just confessed to him? That would be super awkward. “You guys should be dating by now!”

I rolled my eyes. “He didn’t even say anything after I poured my heart out. I was so ashamed. We were in good in terms and I just ruined our friendship.”

“Mark can be pretty stupid sometimes.”

“I know but I’m an idiot. I shouldn’t have done that.”

“Stop. Go pay him a visit. If you need a ride back home just call me.” And he pulled me inside his car and off we go.

Jackson went with me all the way to Mark’s unit. I told him that he doesn’t have to do that but he just said that I’ll just run away. He isn’t wrong. He even pressed the doorbell for me and when Mark opened the door and saw me hiding behind Jackson, I think I’ve never seen him so surprised.

“The two of you should talk,” he looked at me and gave me thumbs up “And Mark, I’ll be moving in to the unit next to yours tomorrow.” He grinned and Mark’s looking at him like he can’t believe him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter