Leaving

Vampire in Love 2

At Hichschool- English Class

 

“Romeo and Juliet” lessons are on the board. Everyone’s scribbling essays. Tiffany looks up and glances at Taeyeon’s desk, it was empty. She looks away upset and finishes her essay.

 

Lunchtime- Tiffany

 

Tiffany sits with Kahi, Uee, Jaejoong and Yoochun. They joke, and are throwing things. Tiff was distracted, waiting to see if Taeyeon would show up. She was so distracted, Jaejoong throws a piece of paper at her. She was shocked and looks at Jaejoong. He starts laughing and Tiff glares at him and looks away. Kahi and Uee look at her, feeling something was off.

 

Kahi: Are you okay Fany-ah?

Fany: I’m okay, just tired

Uee: You know you can tell us anything, right?

Kahi: Yeah, we are best friends, right?

Fany: Yeah, we are but it just something that I don’t want to bother with you guys.

Uee: We are here for you and it won’t bother us. So, tell us what is on your mind?

Fany(sighs): Did you guys recognize that Tae wasn’t there?

Uee: Yeah, where is he?

Kahi: Yeah, we were wondering why he wasn’t with you today.

Fany: That is the thing, I don’t know why he nor the rest of them are here.

Kahi: Maybe just sick, I don’t know.

Uee: Yeah, don’t have to worry at all. He can protect himself, he is fine.

Fany: Yeah, maybe.


 

After School- At Home

 

Taeyeon was looking at the photos on the wall. He studies them, his expression grim. He looks down at Fany’s scrapbook at the photo of him and Tiffany. He pulls it out of the scrapbook and looks at it closely. Taeyeon hears something and goes to the window to see a truck pull up in the driveway.

 

Fany POV- Home

 

I had went home early because I didn’t feel like going to my last class. I arrived at home and pulled my truck into the driveway. I parked it and climbed out, heading towards the house but I stop, relief washing over me and I just look at Tae.

 

Tiffany: Tae. You’re here.

 

He stands by the house and I hurry towards him, but slows when I see his cold, distant face, an unreadable mask.

 

Taeyeon: Walk with me, please?

 

Taeyeon gently takes my hand. Dread fills me, but I just let him guide me toward the woods. Tae stops by a fallen tree and turns toward me.

 

Tae: We need to leave Seoul.

Fany: What? Why?

Tae: It’s time, Sooyoung supposed to be ten years older than he looks, people will start noticing. Fany: But... when?

Tae: Now.

 

I am trying to take this all in. I finally decide and say something.

 

Fany: I’ll have to think of something to tell my dad, but I can be ready...

Tae: Not you, Tiffany. Us.

 

Tiffany was hurt the fact that Taeyeon had called her by her full name.

 

Fany(stunned): What? -- no -- Tae, what happened with Yoona, that was nothing. You don’t have to leave...

Tae: That was nothing compared to what could happen. You don’t belong in my world Tiff.

Fany: I belong with you--

Tae: You don’t Tiff--

Fany(interupts): I’m coming, no matter what…

Tae: I don’t want you to come!

 

I was stung, as if slapped.

 

Fany: You don’t... want me.

Tae: No, I don’t.

 

I started stepping back, trying to understand this.

 

Tae: I’d like to ask one favor though.

Fany(looks up, hopeful): Anything.

Tae: Don’t do anything stupid or reckless, you understand? For Sooyoung’s sake. Just... take care of yourself.

Fany: I... yes... I will.

 

He softens ever-so-slightly.

 

Tae: Don’t worry. You’re human. Time heals all wounds for your kind. Particularly if you’re not reminded.

Tae: No, this is - don’t do this. Please.

 

No One’s POV

 

He sees she won’t let go easily. Takes a breath. His face turns cold again.

 

Tae: Try to understand. Every second with you is about restraint. You’re too fragile. I’m tired of pretending to be something I’m not. Reining myself in so I can be with a human.

Fany: Then take my soul. I don’t care! I don’t want it without you.

Tae(sharply): You’re not good for me, Fany-ah.

 

Fany looks at him. His hard face. His resolve.

 

Tae: I’ve let it go on too long. I’m sorry.

 

Tears sting Tiffany’s eyes. This can’t be happening. He steps forward... kisses her forehead. She closes her eyes.

 

Tae: I promise, it will be like I never existed. Goodbye, Fany-ah. I love you...

 

And here, for the first time, we see how truly agonizing this really is for Taeyeon. But Tiffany doesn’t see. By the time she opens her eyes, he’s gone. She spins around, looking for him.

 

Fany: Wait…

 

She sees a leaf falling to the ground where he grazed a branch, the only indication of his direction. She hurries down the path, then runs and yells--


Fany: Tae?!