A Drive with Siwon

Vampire in Love 2

Fany POV- In the truck

 

Tiffany drives along the cliffs. Siwon in the front seat. He studies a grease-blackened motorcycle crankshaft.

 

Siwon- We got lucky at the dump. You know how much a new crankshaft goes for?

Fany- Sure, I spend all my free time on crankshaft.com.

Siwon(laughs)- I think that’s a site. These bikes should be up and rolling soon. Where should we go first?

Fany- Someplace sunny.

Siwon- Like there’s any place sunny around here.

Fany- I know a place above the cloud line --

 

The second she says it, she regrets it and has a flashback to her and Taeyeon, her lying in the grass with him, flowers surrounding them.

 

Siwon- Where is it?

Fany- Actually, it’s... too hard to get to.

 

He brings his easy smile and optimism to the rescue.

 

Siwon- So we’ll find our sunny spot, right?

 

She smiles, grateful. Then she looks out the window at the cliffs and notices in the distance, four guys standing on the rocky ledge of the cliff, Baekhyun, Kris, Lay, and a fourth guy. They wear nothing but cut-off shorts. They push each other, rough-housing.

 

Fany- Isn’t that... Byun Baekhyun?

Siwon(bitter)- And his cult.

 

Suddenly, Lay and the fourth guy throw Kris over the cliff! Tiffany slams on the brakes. Jumps out of the truck and Siwon climbs out after her.

 

Fany- Oh my God! Stop them!

 

Tiffany about to run towards them. But Siwon’s laughter slows her.

 

Siwon- They’re not really fighting, Tiff. They’re cliff diving.

Fany- What, on purpose?

Siwon- It’s scary as hell, but it’s a total rush.

 

Lay takes a running start and flings himself into the air, twisting and cartwheeling down. Fany is intrigued, sees the potential for adrenaline.

 

Siwon- Most of us jump from lower down.

Fany- Think I could?

Siwon- Man, first motorcycles, now cliff diving?

Fany- You said it was a rush.

Siwon- Maybe on a warmer day. And not from the top. We’ll leave the showing off to Baekhyun and his disciples.

 

There’s that bitter edge again. She looks at him.

 

Fany- You don’t like them, do you?

Siwon- They think they run this place. Acting all bad , calling themselves “protectors.”

Fany- What are they protecting?

Siwon- The family, the land, their right to be jerks. Donghae used to call them hall monitors on steroids and now look at him.

 

Fany looks closer, sees the fourth guy is Donghae, hair now long and in a short ponytail, thin frame filled out, laid back expression gone. It pains Siwon to see him.

 

 

 

Fany- That’s Donghae? I didn’t recognize him. What happened to him?

Siwon- He missed some school then, out of nowhere, he’s following Baekhyun around. Same thing happened with Lay and Kris. They weren’t even friends, now Baekhyun owns them. He keeps giving me this look, like he’s waiting for me or something, it’s kinda freaking me out.

Fany- Maybe you should just avoid them.

Siwon- I try but...

 

She sees he’s unnerved, instinctively hugs him reassuringly.

 

Fany- Hey. If it gets worse, we’ll go to my Father or you can come stay with us.

Siwon- Thanks. If this is how you’re going to react, I’ll freak out more often.

 

Fany realizes she crossed a line and covers, playfully shoving him. As they head to the truck, she looks back at Baekhyun and he’s looking directly at her. Then he turns and dives over the edge, cutting a clean line into the water.