History

Vampire in Love 2

Kim’s House- Night time

Taeyeon and Tiffany had arrived at the house. They get out of the car and lights glow from inside the beautiful house. They walk into the house and everyone was in the kitchen cooking. They go up the stairs and look at the pictures on the wall. Tiffany sees a particular photo that catches her eye. She was looking at it intensely and Tae came behind, hugging her from behind.                     

 

Tae: The Vlad Coven are a very old, very powerful family. The closest thing my world has to royalty...

 

An 18th century oil painting, depicting figures in swirling robes writhing among pillars and balconies. In a high balcony, four calm figures look down upon the bacchanal; two black haired, two brown haired. Taeyeon and Tiffany studies the painting, the largest on a wall crowded with pictures. The other walls are towering bookshelves.

 

Tae: A famous artist had painted this, Jeong Seon, he often saw the Vlad Coven as Gods. The Vlad coven is actually named after the great Vlad the Impaler. It turns out that Vlad married a vampire from here and he had become one. So, everything started from there.

 

Fany examines the brown haired "God."

 

Fany: Is that... Sooyoung? Why was Soo there?                               

Tae: Yes, and he was there, he lived with them for a few decades. He describes them as very sophisticated, or killers.

 

The oriental water painting, their features begin to fill in, become real. They come to real life in the painting, turning to leave the balcony through an archway. Its centuries old, its marble cracked and weathered. The open oculus in the domed ceiling is the only source of light. The room is empty but for three large wooden chairs and half a dozen vampires in elegant 18th century attire.

 

Tae: The Vlad are also what you might call warriors.                                    

Fany: Of what?                                           

Tae: The only rule they have is to keep secret the existence of our kind.

 

Two of the Vlad, Wooyoung and Nichkhun, take their seats, Sooyoung stands beside them. Jay moves to the center of the room where a rogue vampire was on his knees. He looks feral compared to the others, and terrified. Jay puts his hands on either side of the vampire’s face. Compassion?                            

 

Tae: We don't make spectacles of ourselves, or kill conspicuously, unless we want to die.

 

Jay then slowly, dispassionately, rips the vampire’s head off. Two Vlad Guards appear on either side, holding him down as Jay easily detaches the head and tosses it aside. Jay calmly sits as the others tear the Rogue limb from limb. Soo has to look away...               

 

Fany: Don't even -- talk about that. You can't let anyone hurt you. The Vlad or anyone else.                            

Tae: Who else would hurt me?                            

Fany: You said there were more dangerous things out there than you. And I know you have at least one enemy. You said she'd come after you for killing her mate.

Tae: Gain? Yes, some day. But Seo will see her coming. And she won't win against us, because we will be ready for her.

 

Fany looks up at him, pained.

 

Fany: I hate that I can't protect you.

 

He laughs, amused. She did not laugh with him, she had a serious face.                        

 

Fany: That was me being serious.

 

Tae : (kissing her face) I know. But you do protect me… (Kisses her nose) From boredom… (Kisses her lips) And loneliness... (In between kisses) You give me a reason to stay... un-dead. But it's... my job to protect you… from everyone but my sister.

 

As the door bursts open and Seo dances in.

 

Seo: It's time it's time it's time, ppalli!

 

TBC....