When we play Super Junior Shake...

I'll Be Waiting

Chapter Two

 

"Umma! Umma! Come here quickly!" I screamed from my room. My mother rushed clumsily down the hallway in instant response.

"W-what is it?!"  she puffed, struggling to catch her breath and trying to support  herself against the doorframe. "The Mr. Simple music video is out! Look!" I squealed childishly.

She let out a loud grunting noise, probably her interpretation of a squeal, and scrambled to rest herself on the back of my seat. "Show me! I want to see my handsome Siwonnie~" she hurried desperately.

I clicked into the video and a new browser popped up, "Yah umma...you already have appa, what do you mean by 'my Siwonnie' huh?!" I retorted. She smiled slyly, "Just load the video  already!" she demanded, changing the subject. I rolled my eyes and  clicked the play button, but the video didn't buffer.

"Come on, play  it" my mother urged. "Hold on..." I growled through gritted teeth. I  clicked the button again. Still no response. I shifted the cursor to  the refresh icon. The laptop froze. "What the..." I mumbled to myself. 

I prodded at the spacebar, the escape key, the shift key, everything.  The monitor flashed before blacking out.

 "What happened?!" my mother  wailed. "It crashed..." I replied bluntly. "Try turning it on again"  she suggested desperately.

I pressed the power button in the centre, right below the screen. No response. "I better call appa..." I sighed. "Okay then, quickly! I want to watch the music video" she ushered excitedly.

~*~

 “Appa-“

“Make it quick, I’ve got things to do” he bit back abruptly.

 I adjusted the phone against my ear before speaking again, “My laptop out, what do I do?” I asked helplessly.

“What?! What were you doing with it this time?!” he shouted angrily, not even answering my question.

“Appa…I'm sorry, can you please just tell me what to do?” I asked again.

He scoffed pathetically, “Even if I told you, you wouldn’t understand…” he paused to think of a solution.

“Call that kid HyukJae, you’ve still got his number right?” he finally suggested.

“Yeah I do…” I answered hesitantly.

“Well then, go call him. We’ll see if he’s fit for enough for the job” he instructed.

“But appa-“ but before I could finish he hung up the call.

I sighed and put down the phone. I removed the small piece of paper that was wedged under the small vase of spring chrysanthemums and stared at his name for a while.

 “Lee HyukJae…you better count yourself lucky if you’re employed by appa” I mumbled to myself. I dialed and the tone sounded over and over.

“Yeoboseyo?” the same voice answered from the other end.

“Yeoboseyo, Lee HyukJae? I’m the daughter of Lee’s PC Repair’s owner. This is kind of embarrassing…but my laptop crashed just now. Appa wants you to come over and attempt to fix it for me” I explained.

“Ah of course! Will this be some sort of pre-employment test?” he questioned thoughtfully.

 I chuckled softly, “That’s for me to know, and you to find out” I replied playfully.

“Alright, alright little girl”

 “Yah HyukJae…I’m no little girl, I’m already eighteen!”

 “Well, I’m still your oppa. Respect your elders dongsaeng tsk tsk…”

“Nggg…you! Just hurry up and come fix my laptop!”

~*~

There was a knock on my bedroom door, “Yes umma?” I answered back, tapping furiously at my iPhone in the yellow Rilakkuma case.

“Ah…it’s me, HyukJae” he replied nervously.

My eyes widened and I almost fell off my computer chair. I threw the device in my hands onto my bed and ran my fingers through my hair before opening the door.

The pine wood entrance revealed a tall and lean guy with platinum blonde hair. His single lidded eyes curved as he smiled, and that was cute too; perfect teeth accompanied by smooth pink gums. His soft but pale lips looked good for pouting, but it wasn’t like he was one for aegyo, I think. The milky white color of his skin further emphasized the shadows casted by his strong jaw line and collarbone. He wore a tight black t-shirt  with a large jewel printed in the centre. There were six divisions on his abdomen…need I say more?

Suddenly his warm fingers lifted my chin and closed my gaping mouth.

I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them again, “I-I’m sorry, please come in” I said, welcoming him into my room.

 I pointed to the crashed system, “The laptop’s here, please try to fix it for me…I really need to watch Su-“ I stopped as I realized my reason was pathetic.

“Hm?” he hummed, encouraging me to carry on.

 I shook my head, “I mean…I really need to finish off a chemistry report that’s due tomorrow” I lied.

“Alright, I will try my best. Let’s try to fix this, and then hopefully I’m bound to be on your appa’s good side” he smiled.

HE SMILED. HE FRIGGIN SMILED.

I nodded and climbed onto my bed, tapping ‘RESUME’ on Super Junior Shake.

Super Junior-neun wonrae maen jaman ppajin ireum hamyeo himsen tori Superman…

OH CRAP THAT’S LOUD.

 I flinched and with panicking fingers attempted to lower the volume.  I looked up at HyukJae, who was totally focused on my laptop now, and sighed with relief. I hadn’t disturbed him.

“Hey isn’t that Super Junior’s song Superman?” he suddenly asked, looking up from his work.

I stuttered a bit before answering, “Y-yes, b-but it’s not like I'm a fan girl or anything. Yeahitsnothinglikethatnahnothing” I blurted out nervously.

He laughed quietly to himself and returned to repairing my laptop.

“Mmm…you know that dance break in Mr. Simple?” he asked after a long pause.

I sat up instantly in my bed, “THERE’S A DANCE BREAK IN MR. SIMPLE?!” I exclaimed deafeningly.

HyukJae nodded, “Donghae and Sungmin lead it” he replied knowingly.

I grabbed my pillow and squished it in my arms, rocking back and forth in desperation, “I haven’t even seen it…I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT…REALLY REALLY REALLY” I sobbed hopelessly.

“Aw…don’t be like that little fan girl, how about…I show it to you?” he comforted.

I raised my eyebrow at him, “Show me?” I said, echoing his words.

He nodded and got up from the seat, he pulled out his slim black Samsung Galaxy from the back pocket of his jeans and played Mr. Simple. He threw it at me and it’s fall was saved by my mattress.

The bright gleam from the unscratched screen of his phone mauled my eyes. I blinked twice before drawing my attention away from the flash piece of innovation.

I looked up and was met with something amazing, something I had only ever encountered virtually via my laptop screen.

He was dancing, dancing just like them, Super Junior.

My mouth fell open and he smiled shyly every time our eyes met.

Blow your mind, kara Mr. Simple…

~*~

“Give it to me!” I demanded, shaking HyukJae’s arm. “Hold on! Let me finish this song first!” he replied, fully focused on maintaining his 572 combo on Super Junior Shake.

I pouted and folded my arms, intentionally bouncing the bed to interfere with his game.

“Yah stop it little fan girl! I can’t tap properly if you don’t stop moving around!” he chuckled.

Finally he let out a relieved sigh and fell back onto the bed. He held the iPhone up to me and my jaw dropped at his score; “1,588,234, SS Rank”.

 “How did you do that?!” I exclaimed with shock. I tried to take the device out of his hands but he dodged out of the way, shrugging and smiling smugly.

I clambered all over the place in attempt to retrieve what belonged to me, “Please oppa! Just give it to me” I begged.

HyukJae laughed at my desperation and stretched out his arm in the opposite direction.

“Oppa yaaah!” I nagged again.

Suddenly the door flew open. It was my father.

I quickly got off HyukJae and stood up to greet him, “A-Appa…welcome home” I stuttered nervously.

“Lee sunbaenim…the laptop, there is something wrong with one of the inner components and it needs replacing” HyukJae said, looking awkwardly at me.

My father threw a disgusted glare at the two of us. Fighting over the iPhone and me climbing all over an almost complete stranger, right on the bed, was not a good look…

He didn’t say a word and sat down to inspect his potential assistant’s work.

I nudged HyukJae and flicked my head towards the door. We shuffled ever so quietly towards the exit. If my father would even think of throwing one of those tantrums of his, HyukJae could make a quick escape unscathed.

My father cleared his throat a couple of times, and with his shifty eyes he took quick glances at the both of us.

“Kid, I told you to come here to fix my daughter’s laptop, not to play around on the…” he paused and shuddered, “on the bed with her…” he scolded.

The two of us bowed our heads apologetically.

He folded his arms and stared at the cream colored carpet of my room below his feet.

After a long and endearing silence my father finally spoke, “HyukJae, work as my assistant starts tomorrow at eight o’clock in the morning. My daughter will give you the directions to the store. Don’t be late” he said sternly.

He took one more look at his new employee from head to toe, before disappearing out of the door.

 

A/N: OH YAY HYUK GOT THE JOB. Well I guess he sorta had to right, or else the story couldn't go on lol. Anyway as you can see I've changed the layout of my fanfic now due to my lovely subscriber purplekpop's suggestion. I wondered if you guys found it hard to read...and I guess so! I'm not quite sure how to space it properly, but I hope I've done it right...is it better to read now? If so, I will continue to write like this.

@purplekpop: LOL isn't that the way everyone reacts to Hyuk?! Yerp I listened to you and now I've changed the spacing, I just kinda went with what I thought was right...don't even know the proper way to space it. I'm glad you're liking my story~ please continue to support!