Chapter 7

Ways to Annoy Jung Daehyun!

Youngjae clutched the piece of paper near his chest, uncrumpling it again and smoothing it out to look at the adress written on it. Daehyun had gave him the adress of his house after the History class yesterday. The nerd couldn't stop the small smile tahat crept to his face, lifting his face up to look at the house in front of him for the nth time. He hoped Daehyun didn't give him a fake address or something, that would be awful.

He reached out his hand slowly, pushing the doorbell with ease. While waiting for the owner of the house to open the gates, Youngjae's mind flew back to the scenario that happened not long ago.

 

 

 

 

"This is not good." Daehyun said, the nth sigh coming out of his distressed self. He was leaning against the wall of their History classroom, his arms crossed, his brows furrowed.

Youngjae was stood awkwardly next to him, his books hugged close to his chest. "Why? It'll be easy. You'll ace this test for sure." The nerd assured, his voice slow and uncertain. His crush, Jung Daehyun, was standing next to him.

What to feel? Youngjae kept repeating those words in his head. "But you know how terrible I am in History!" Daehyun threw his hands up in exasperation before banging his head on the wall. "Hey, don't do that." Youngjae tried to stop the other from the banging but being the clumsy nerd he was, he dropped his books instead. That successfully made Daehyun stop his action earlier.

Youngjae quickly crouched down, picking up his books; his notebooks, his History textbook and his colouful pens. He didn't bring along his bag today, because of earlier. Daehyun heaved a loud sigh and knelt down on the floor, helping the nerd with his scattered pens. Youngjae couldn't help the blush that spread across his face, he just hoped Daehyun doesn't look up or stare at him right now.

Hah, Youngjae thought. Why would he stare at you, idiot?

"Are you sick?" Daehyun's voice came suddenly, it threw Youngjae off guard.

"W-what?" Youngjae stuttered, looking up at the boy knelt in front of him, his fingers wrapped neatly around Youngjae's colouful pens. "Are you sick? Your face is so red." Daehyun blurted out, completely oblivious towards the hint. Youngjae forced out a fake laugh and scrambled to his feet, his books back against his chest.

"Oh, no- I'm just a bit hot, that's all." Daehyun stood back up, holding the pens towards the nerd who took it back gratefully. Without wasting much time, Daehyun took out his small notebook from his bag along with a pen.

Youngjae just watch what he was doing, only noticing that the other was scribbling something onto the piece of paper. When he finished writing, he tore the page and held it out for the nerd to take. Youngjae took it after hesitating, scanning the messy handwriting that belonged to Daehyun."Come to my place this Saturday. I have soccer practice every weekdays so you can't tutor me. So, when is the History quiz?" Youngjae was stunned for a second but answered the question the second it left the popular boy's mouth.

"It's next week." He said, earning a groan from the other.

"What?! I'm never going to get a good grade for it!" Daehyun wanted to bang his head on the wall again but this time Youngjae stopped him before he could do it. 

"You will ace it, trust me." Youngjae gave the other a small smile, and for a moment, Youngjae thought Daehyun's eyes potrayed something, something indescribable. 

 

 

 

 

Youngjae was brought back to reality when the gates were opened by a middle-aged woman in an apron. He gave the woman a warm smile, fixing his thick glasses before it could slide down his nose.

"Good morning." He greeted with his cheery voice, his eyes forming crescents from too much smiling. The woman gave him warm and comfort vibes, he couldn't help but smile wider.

"Good morning! You must be Youngjae. Daehyun told me his friend named Youngjae is coming. He never brings anyone back home, you're a first." Daehyun's mother; Youngjae assumed, said. Never brought anyone home? That's strange. He had tons of friends at school. He had girls flocking him everywhere he went. Never brought anyone home- that's strange.

It was half past ten, Youngjae was sure Daehyun was still upstairs, sleeping. Youngjae followed Mrs. Jung into the house, trailing slowly when she guided her towards the inside of their house.

"Daehyun is upstairs, have you eaten by the way, dear?" Mrs. Jung asked softly, Youngjae just replied with a soft 'yes' and nod. The nerd made his way upstairs and got ready to wake the other up.

He came face to face with Daehyun's bedroom door and knocked, not expecting an answer. He got one, to his surprise, Daehyun opened the door, looking fresh and dressed in his comfortable clothes. So he was already awake, so surprised. 

"Come in." Daehyun said, Youngjae did exactly like he was told. He trotted into the slightly messy room, looking around the walls and spotting a few soccer related posters. "You must really like soccer." Youngjae spoke out his thoughts out loud, earning a chuckle from the other. "Yeah, it's my passion, my father used to play it when he was still alive." He said sadly.

Youngjae's brows furrowed when he saw the other's sad expression. "I'm sorry to hear that." Youngjae hesitated for a while before finally letting go what he had in mind for a while now. "The teddy bear-" He pointed towards the army-printed bear on the other's messy bed, "It's from your father, right?" Youngjae chose his words carefully, afraid that he would offend the other.

Daehyun kaept quiet for a while before nodding, making Youngjae felt the guilt strangling him even more. "I'm so sorr--"

"It's okay." Daehyun cut him before he could even finish his sentence, making him feel more guilty every second. "He's a great man, really. He was the best father I could ever ask for." Daehyun confessed, his eyes looking sad and empty. Youngjae couldn't help the urge to know more, so he asked.

"Why..and when?"

Daehyun looked up, processing the questions before answering them. "Cancer is a scary thing. We tried everything, we really did. But I guess God knows what's best. It was a year before my freshman year in high school." Youngjae's heart clenched, he really felt bad now. Neither of them said anything for a whole minute.

"Now, let's start this tutoring session. I need to get my A for the quiz." The popular one spoke, his playful grin returning. 

 

 

 

 

---

A/N:

I think Youngjae should tone down the 'annoying Daehyun' mission for now. Now, everyone know why Daehyun love soccer and why it became his passion. I will give you guys daejae's fluffy study session in the next chapter, okay? Stay tuned and thanks for commenting and subscribing and upvoting! c:

Love,
Amy