Chapter 4

Ways to Annoy Jung Daehyun!

Youngjae wrapped his fingers around his cold drink, stealing a few glances towards the boy who was still waiting for his latte to be served in front of the waiting counter. 

He felt bad, of course he did. Just look at the face Daehyun made when Himchan told him he had to wait for another twenty minutes just for a piece of cheese cake. 

The nerd knew he did something wrong, something awful. He didn't even want to eat the cheese cake in the first place. But doing things to annoy the hell out of his crush and eventually getting recognized by him, didn't sound so bad after all, well after Youngjae lingered on the thought for a while.

His cheese cake was untouched and his coffee was left like that, he didn't even take a single sip yet, he just looked at the popular boy with that star struck look.

Jongup was stirring his Americano with the straw, his eyes also fixed towards the counter. But at least he had taken a few sips of the drink, unlike his friend.

The younger eventually followed his friend's line of sight, gasping inaudibly when he saw that Yoo Youngjae was in fact staring at the oh so famous jung Daehyun.

"Hyung, don't tell me-" Jongup started, making the other turned his head to look at the talking boy so fast, Jongup just hoped that he wouldn't hurt himself.

"What?" Youngjae blurted the word out, not even giving Jongup the chance to continue his speech. Jongup stood still for a second before motioning towards the counter, where Daehyun was standing.

"You had your eyes fixed on that Jung Daehyun for a while now, I thought you hated him." Jongup said, leaning forward to take another sip of his addicting coffee.

Youngjae gulped, his cheeks getting redder every passing second and jongup certainly didn't miss it. "You like him." Jongup stated, it was not even a question, it was more of a statement.

And that was when the blush on Youngjae's cheeks darkened. "W-what about you!? You're obviously here for that guy- Himchan! Am I right?" Youngjae stuttered a few times, his voice shook because of the embarrassment. 

Now it was Jongup's time to blush. Youngjae laughed at his friend, finally taking a long sip of his favourite drink. "We're hopeless, Uppie. At least Himchan is showing his interest to get to know you. Daehyun and me? We're basically strangers."

Youngjae said sadly, stirring his drink slowly. He took the plastic fork from the small plate they used to serve the cake and played with it. "And I thought that annoying the out of him will make him realize that I exist."

Jongup looked at the other, his eyebrows furrowed. "So that's why you bought the last piece of cheese cake." The younger said, finally realizing Youngjae's real intention.

He was confused earlier because Youngjae didn't really fancy cheese cake, he was more into chocolate. Youngjae nodded, he finally took a bite of the cheese cake he bought, nomming on it slowly.

He looked up from the dessert once again, only to find out that Daehyun had disappeared from the counter. His eyes searched the cafe for a while until his eyes landed on a very familiar brown hair.

Daehyun was on his phone, his latte on the table in front of him, completely untouched. The boy was sat a few tables away from them and Youngjae was glad that he was facing the other way.

Jongup followed his eyes and was about to comment something when someone's presence made him stop his action. "Hey, mind if I sit here?" Came a deep voice, making the boys look up to the owner.

Himchan was stood in front of their table in his casual clothes, the work shirt and the apron gone. The blush immediately came back to Jongup's cheeks though they were not that noticeable.

The boy nodded quietly while Youngjae answered a short 'yes'. "You finished your shift?" Youngjae asked the man sitting across from him just to break the suffocating silence.

Himchan nodded his head, smiling to the both of them. Jongup smiled back shyly, his fingers wrapped tightly around his glass of coffee to calm himself.

Himchan had also brought along a glass of coffee, Youngjae now only noticing that it was in fact Americano, the same drink as Jongup. He made a mental note to ask Jongup about it later.

"We need to catch up, Jongup. You haven't visit since last month, I thought you already forgot about m-- the cafe." Himchan quickly correct himself, not that the boys didn't catch it.

Jongup let out an awkward laugh, he scratched his nape even though it was not itchy; it was a habit when he got nervous or flustered. "Yeah, hyung. I've been busy with studying and I rarely got time to hang out anymore." Jongup explained.

Youngjae chuckled, crossing his arms against his chest. "You're a genius, you don't have to actually study. You'll probably get good grades without even putting an effort." The nerd said, earning a light smack on his bicep. 

"Wow, really? That's amazing. I was just an average student back then." Himchan looked completely amazed, he patted the youngest head gently, making the boy blush more.

They had a nice conversation and Youngjae soon found out that Himchan was a 22 year old man, doing a part time job every weekend at the cafe so he could afford to pay the bills of his apartment and his college tuition.

Youngjae looked towards the table where Daehyun was occupying, realizing that the boy had finally recieved his long awaited blueberry cheese cake. He was devouring it happily, his half-drank latte abandoned on the table next to his plate.

He looked at the barely-touched cheese cake in front of him and bit his lips, feeling the guilt crawled back at him. Maybe he shouldn't buy it in the first place.

He looked up and faced his friend and Himchan, they were talking exictedly to one another. A small smile crept to his face and his eyes fixed back to the cheese cake in front of him.

He blinked, once, twice. A thought came to his head and he grabbed the plate, getting off of his seat almost immediately. Jongup and Himchan noticed this and the youngest spoke out.

"Hyung, where are you going?" Youngjae stopped his action for a few seconds before replying, "I'm heading home first, see you tomorrow at school, okay?" They exchanged good byes and Youngjae wearily made his way towards his crush.

Daehyun, who was halfway to finish his beloved cheese cake didn't realize the presence of the nerd. Only after a few fake coughs and Daehyun finally looked up from his dessert, locking eyes almost immediately with Youngjae's.

"What do you want?" He spat coldly and Youngjae had to admit that he felt a bit sad about it. The nerd put the plate of his cheese cake onto the table, only making the other look back at him in confusion.

"I don't really like cheese cake." Was the only thing he said before he scooted away from the table slowly. Daehyun didn't make a big deal about it (two pieces of cheese cake wouldn't hurt) and lifted his plastic fork to finish his current dessert.

Just when he was about to eat the small piece of cake, Youngjae knocked his hand, making the dessert land on top of his HBA shirt. His favourite HBA shirt. And it was freaking white!

Youngjae saw the look of frustation in Daehyun's eyes so he made his way quickly towards the exit, rushing through the doors and finally out of the cafe. He heard a faint shout from the cafe but didn't stop his run.

Youngjae laughed to himself.

 

 

 

---

A/N:

Ah, this is so fun to write lol. Thank you so much for those who are still subscribed and commented on this story! You really made my day c: Thank you thank you. Btw guys, I've posted a blogpost yesterday (it's a tag) and I'm tagging all of you to do it. It's called the ABC Tag! The reason I'm doing this is to find more friends and I command all of you who read this to do the tag lel. You can add me as a friend anytime, seriously. I need more wonderful people in my life.

Love, 
Amy