Chapter 9

Ways to Annoy Jung Daehyun!

The tutor session finishes around late evening, Youngjae, being too endorsed in teaching the popular boy who he secretly (not so secret now) has a crush on. doesn't realize the time he spent in the Jung's household.

"Oh no! I need to go home now." Youngjae facepalms when he checks the time from his watch, quickly, but neatly arranging all his books and pens into his sling bag he brings everywhere.

Daehyun heaves a heavy sigh of relief, glad that the tutor session has finally ended. He watches the nerd from his place, eyes not moving as he carefully takes in the image of his tutor at the moment.

Youngjae is too busy to notice him. Daehyun doesn't realize the small smile that creeps to his face, subconsciously thinking how cute and clumsy the other is right now.

A cough and Daehyun blinks back to reality. "Uhm, I'm going- Thanks for the lunch." Youngjae is already standing, wow, Daehyun doesn't know he has the tendency to get lost in his thoughts like that.

Daehyun scrambles up to his feet and nods slightly, silently saying thank you but Youngjae doesn't want that, of course. The nerd clears his throat purposely, tapping his foot against the floor of the captain's room and says, "Where's the thank you?"

He says with a casual tone, chuckling softly when he hears the groan coming from the other.

"Alright, alright. Fine. Thank you, Yoo Youngjae." Daehyun forces out, his expression rigid. Youngjae rolls his eyes, wondering since when he becomes this comfortable around Daehyun.

"You look like you're not sincere at all!" He complains, fiddling with the strap of his sling bag, eyes squinting accusingly at the now glowering boy before him.

Daehyun lets out another groan before clasping his hands together, a wide smile spreading across his face. "Thank you so much, Youngjae-ah! You really helped me a lot!"

He half yells, startling the nerd in front of him, making his glasses slide down his nose. Daehyun goes back to his usual demeanor, making Youngjae wonder if the Daehyun earlier is really him or another soul in the boy's body. 

Whatever. He gets what he wants. 

Jung Daehyun saying thank you enthusiastically. 

And that is enough.

This is progressing really well, he thinks. Youngjae has a prominent smile when he leaves the Jung's house after saying a hearty goodbye to Mrs. Jung.

 

 

 

The next Monday, Youngjae still has the same smile plastered on his face. The memories of his weekend spent at his crush still flood his mind. 

He has History today, which means the awaited History test. If Daehyun aces this test then he will not have to tutor under him again. Youngjae really hopes he doesn't pass it.

It's not good to have that mind-set, the nerd keeps reminding himself, but he can't help it. If Daehyun aces this, meaning no more tutoring session. 

No more going to Jung Daehyun's house.

No more meeting Mrs. Jung.

No more eating her great homemade food.

No more spending time with Jung Daehyun.

But of course, if he passes, then Youngjae will be happy for him. This also means he has done a great job in teaching the other.

The time passes quite fast and before he knows it, it is already time for the History test. Youngjae being the goodie two shoes, is seated at the very front on his usual seat.

He is practically bouncing on his seat, watching closely as the teacher distributes the paper one by one to each student. He peeks to look at the popular boy sitting a few seats back, looking distressed and mainly nervous.

He contains the laugh that threatens to escape his being and notices that the boy is looking at him too. He coughs inaudibly and regains his composure, holding a thumb up at the other.

Good luck! He mouths, Daehyun just nods. 

Minutes later the test starts. Youngjae flips the paper, scanning the questions one by one before turning slightly pale.

Well, .

This is not what we covered last time. Youngjae monologues in his mind, running his fingers through his neatly combed hair. He thinks hard, these questions are even slightly hard for him, imagine Daehyun answering it.

Youngjae then smiles, thinking. Ah yes, more time with Jung Daehyun. 

 

 

 

After the test, Daehyun quickly grabs his things and speed walks to the nerd at the very front. "What the hell, Yoo Youngjae." He starts, his eyebrows knitted together in fury.

Youngjae just laughs at the expression, shrugging his shoulders. "What? Don't be mad at me. It's even hard for me!" He complains, wearing the sling bag over his head and onto his left shoulder.

Daehyun groans and kicks the table next to Yougjae's lightly, hissing when he feels the sting caused by his anger. "I skipped practice just to get tutored by you, now I sure as hell will fail that test."

Youngjae just stands there, awkward, he doesn't know what to do. Comfort him? Well, he is secretly cheering inside because this means more DaeJae time. And yes, he thought of their ship name already.

"That's okay, we just need to try harder. And you should not sleep during the session!" Youngjae crosses his arms, eyebrows drawn together as if trying to look more intimidating. 

Daehyun huffs and rubs his face, sighing out loud. "Okay. But not these days, I have a friendly match with the neighboring school this Friday, and I really need to focus on my soccer life back." 

The soccer captain says, nodding lightly at the Youngjae before walking out, probably heading to the field to start his postponed practices. Youngjae lets out a heavy sigh too, oh this boy's love towards soccer.

He walks out and heads straight to the school's large gates, remembering that Jongup had to stay back after his last class to help one of the teachers with something. 

He reminds Youngjae to not wait for his because he'll be going to the cafe where Himchan hyung works shortly after. Seems like Jongup is one step ahead.

While he is walking home, he doesn't forget to turn to look at the loud crowd forming near the field, school girls swarming the spot to watch their beloved Jung Daehyun. 

A few cheerleaders are practicing near bleachers, cheering with their high-pitched voice. It seems like they want attention on themselves and Youngjae, being the school nerd cringes at the thought. 

An idea comes to his mind suddenly and before he knows it, he is smirking devilishly. 

 

 

 

---

A/N

ah too bad Daehyun will need to be tutored again haha. and ooh, youngjae has something up his sleeves? another prank to pull on the poor boy, huh. but hey, after promising to update frequently, i often break the promise and i guess most of you are fed up with it already? i'm sorry aa aaaa aaa. i really love you guys for staying loyal to this fic, although it is rare to be updated. i will try my best!!

xoxo, 
amy