Chapter 6

Ways to Annoy Jung Daehyun!

Daehyun took away his prized possession from the nerd's grip, trying to ignore the laughs and snickers he earned from a number of students he passed by. He really couldn't take it, he felt like running back home and hiding underneath his duvet on the bed, and probably stay there until tomorrow.

Youngjae had a small grin plastered on his face, a few students who saw that commotion earlier giving him encouraging nods and some praises because who the heck would assume Daehyun still plays with little stuffed animals if Youngjae didn't blew away his secret just now.

He felt nice, for once he felt like being accepted by the community, by the students of his age, but something deep inside him was uneasy. He didn't miss Daehyun's face when he snatched away his teddy bear just now, he looked hurt but most of all, embarrassed. 

Daehyun always had this cool aura surrounding him, with his intimidating friends and clingy girls following him around every break time. Obviously, Youngjae knew the popular boy didn't like the treatment.

Youngjae also knew the boy's infinite love for soccer and it was kind of like a package, if you want to be the team's captain, you have to accept the popularity that comes with it. 

The bell rang and until that Youngjae realized that he had been standing on the same spot for almost a few minutes now, the first bell indicating students to go into their classroom because the classes were about to start in about ten minutes.

So, Youngjae ran, he ran fast towards his locker and grabbing out his History textbook, slamming the locker as soon as he got what he needed. Youngjae had never been this late, ever, since he started high school.

It was weird how a thought of Daehyun could make him forget about his whole environment, how he lost track of time by just imagining the soccer team's captain sad face when he disappeared earlier. 

It's just insane, really.

Youngjae darted into his classroom as soon as the next bell rang, indicating that the classses had started. To his relieve, Mrs. Kwon was still not there, so his position as the teacher's pet was still protected.

As soon as he entered the  full classroom, his eyes met his crush, he had his chin resting on top of his crossed arms which he placed on the table. He looked sad and at this moment, a wave of guilt came crashing Youngjae's walls.

He felt bad, so bad that he felt like hugging the other right then and there. But Youngjae knew he would just earn a beating if he did that to the popular boy, like seriously. 

With what he just did to the other, he felt like an apology is a must. Youngjae nodded to himself, making his way slowly towards his seat. He was going to face Daehyun after this and blurt out his apology fast. 

He needed to flee fast, mainly because Daehyun would probably beat the hell out of him if he stay longer, but other than that, he was just feeling the massive guilt at the moment, and all he wanted to do was comfort the other.

Maybe the teddy bear had some connection with the other? Maybe it was from an important person that Daehyun didn't want to forget? Maybe, just maybe. Because why else would a full grown teenager; a boy, mind you, still be playing with stuffed animals?

They must be a story behind it, and Youngjae was more than curious to know what was going on in that head of his crush. It was safe to say that Youngjae wanted to learn more about the other, without using these methods to annoy him.

But what else could he do to grab the other's attention? It was pretty useless, being a nerd like him--

"Mr. Yoo?"

Youngjae looked up from his opened book, taken aback by how everyone's attentions was on him and how everyone else was stood except for him. Youngjae scrambled to stand up, dusting the invisible dirt out of his uniform.

"G-good morning, Mrs. Kwon." Youngjae greeted hastily, throwing the lady an awkward smile before inspecting the whole classroom. The students looked confused and that was when his eyes landed on Jung Daehyun.

The boy was also looking at him, though his gaze was a bit intimidating and angry, Youngjae felt the guilt washed over his being once again. "Are you feeling okay, Mr. Yoo? Do you want to go to the infirmary?" 

Mrs. Kwon asked out of concern, her brows furrowed. It made Daehyun scoffed in disbelieve. This nerd just reveal his secret to the school; and he was pretty sure the news was spreading like a wildfire right now, and here he was, playing mister sick with their History teacher- unbelieveable. 

It was nice being the teacher's pet, he thought. Youngjae threw an innocent smile and shook his head almost immediately. "No no, ma'am. I'm good." He gave her another smile encouraging her to just let it go.

The whole class sat back on their seats, getting comfortable for their lesson. One thing you needed to know about Jung Daehyun, he never was fully awake when it was History.

Like he full on hate the subject, he even wondered why he had to pick History and why it was one of the mandatory classes you had to learn in his school.

He kept falling asleep but when a soft thing, like a ball of paper hit his head, he woke up almost immediately. He was preparing to feel the wrath of Mrs. kwon but it never came. 

He opened his eyes, never realized when he closed them, and locating the ball of paper under his desk. He leaned down and grabbed it, opening the crumpled paper and read the content written on it.

Wake up or you'll get scolded like the other day.

It was written neatly by someone, the sender didn't insert his name with the note. Daehyun lifted his head up and soon he met a pair of eyes staring back at him. 

Stay awake, Youngjae mouthed, praying that Daehyun could actually read his mouth. Though their seats were not that far from each other, Youngjae couldn't help but be the goodie two shoes, of course.

Daehyun rolled his eyes and rested his head on top of his palm, his elbow on top of the table. He was slowly beginning to fall asleep again, when he heard continuous taps on the ground.

He opened one eye and looked down, realizing that Youngjae was the one who made the taps. It irritated him, to be honest and he wished the nerd would just leave him alone.

Daehyun beared with the tapping for a few minutes until he couldn't take it anymore. "Will you--"

"Will you two cut it out?" Mrs. Kwon spoke with her stern voice, stopping Daehyun's words and Youngjae's tapping. The both looked at each other before looking back at their History teacher.

"I figured out a plan to get you two in good terms. Yoo Youngjae, will tutor Jung Daehyun until he gets an A for our next History quiz. You're stuck with him until he achieve that goal, do you understand?" Mrs. Kwon finalized, earning shocked expressions from the both of said students.

"WHAT?!"  

 

 

 

 

---

A/N:

I'm sorry I'm late with the update, but I hope you enjoy it! Thank you for subscribing and commenting and upvoting and reading this story. It's such a fun thing to write, really. Youngjae annoying Daehyun, I'm starting to ship them just by writing this haha. And yep, my main ship is actually Banglo, not Daejae. I wrote like countless oneshots for that otp and I think Daejae deserves more love <3

Thanks,
Amy