Chapter 1

Ways to Annoy Jung Daehyun!

Youngjae walked through the double gates of his school, tightening his hold around the strap of his bag. It was still early, approximately seven o'clock in the morning.

His first class was not going to start in one more hour, so he thought that he'd study a little bit. He made his way towards the rows of endless lockers, making a stop only when he was face to face with his locker.

He put in the codes to his locker, unlocking it after a few of trials. Youngjae was not familiar with it yet, he recently got his locker replaced with his current one.

Why? Well- It was hard being one of the school's nerds. Mainly because he often got picked on. One time, he was just exchanging textbooks for his next lesson when a group of boys started shoving him out of nowhere.

He lost grip of his books and they all went tumbling onto the ground when one of the naughty boys pinned him agaisnt his locker by the collar.

It was literally normal for Youngjae to go through all of that, but when the boy pinned him, he accidentally smashed the locker's door off of its hinges.

Thus, Youngjae ended up with a new locker. It was not like Youngjae didn't want to report all of their foul behaviours towards him, he tried once but he was just scared.

He often got bullied and now he was used to it, but when someone threatened to do it again, he'd become terrified. Hence, he didn't report the bullies activities, resulted in getting less bullied and harrassed.

He could live with that, as long as it was not a daily routine for the boys. That was also one of the many reasons why he arrived at school very early, he could avoid making contact with anyone, everyone except Jongup, his one and only friend.

But Jongup was a junior, a year younger than him. He rarely got to spend some time with him during school hours except lunch break. The both of them would spend time together on the weekends, doing revision and watching some movies they both enjoy.

Youngjae closed the locker and sighed, he had History next. Not that he didn't like History, he loved it. It was just that, Daehyun was in the class too. He remembered what he wrote in his diary last night.

About trying to annoy the other to get his attention. Would it work? Youngjae puffed his cheeks in distress as he made his way towards the classroom.

The hallway was almost empty, only a few students, who decided to come early like him were grabbing their books for their next class. Youngjae's thought was currently plagued by the idea of a certain popular boy when he walked through the classroom door.

The classroom looked empty at first and the boy thought that he was alone to his relieve but when he turned to march towards his seat, he saw him.

Daehyun!?

Youngjae was hyperventilating, though he tried his best to appear calm and composed. Daehyun on the other hand was just occupied with his phone, scrolling through his unread messages from his fangirls and sighed.

He didn't choose to be this popular, he didn't like the attention he was getting. But it was hard when you have good looks and amazing sport abilities. And before anyone could ask, Daehyun was the captain for their school soccer team.

It was a rare occasion, the coach never let anyone other than the last years to be the captain of the soccer team, Daehyun was the first. Because of that, he suddenly became more and more popular.

At first he was thrilled by the sudden fame but day after day, he was beginning to get sick of it. He put his phone down on his history textbook and sighed.

What he didn't know was a certain nerd heard the sigh and wondered if he was okay. Youngjae sat on his seat awkwardly, being alone in an almost empty classroom with your popular crush, it didn't sound so good in his opinion.

It was good if he was a normal boy, but the fact that he was the school's nerd didn't seem right. What was he kidding, he was invisible in Daehyun's eyes, no way the other would realize his presence.

Unless, he tried some things to get his attention. Youngjae let out a soft sigh. An hour later, their History teacher finally walked into the classroom. The students stood up and greeted the old lady in pastel blue cardigan, before sitting back down again.

Youngjae heard that there would be a quiz today and strangely he was anticipating for it. He'd been studying for an hour before the actual class, though with the presence of Jung Daehyun it was proving difficult for him to stay focus like he used to when studying.

"Okay, students. Open your textbook and go to page 125." Mrs. Kwon's shrill voice sounded, making Daehyun visibly cringe. He didn't like this old lady, heck he didn't like History at all. Youngjae pouted at that.

No quiz? Oh, man. He thought and opened his textbook, flipping the pages until he reached page 125. The lecture started eventually. The whole class paid attention to what Mrs. Kwon had to say.

All of them paid attention, well accept Jung Daehyun. He was starting to doze off every now and then, but Mrs. Kwon won't let that happen. "Mr. Jung!" She called out all of a sudden, making the boy jumped back to reality, his heart beating fast.

Holy , he thought. Good thing he didn't have heart disease, or he would be dead by now. Youngjae was looking at the other, eyebrows furrowed together. Daehyun quickly got up from his sitting position, standing awkwardly under the intense stare of Mrs. Kwon.

"How many South Koreans were kidnapped by Taliban in July 2007?" Her cold voice lingered in the air, making some students flip the pages of their books to find out the answer to the question.

Damn it, Youngjae thought. He knew this. Without thinking, he raised up his hand, earning the old lady's attention. Mrs. Kwon hesitated for a moment before nodding, encouraging the nerd to answer.

"23 people, ma'am." Youngjae said fluently, making the lady in front of the other boy smile proudly. "Good job, Mr. Yoo." She then turned back to look at Daehyun, her scary glare appearing again.

"So, fame isn't everything, Mr. Jung. Sit down and pay more attention next time like Mr. Yoo over here." She pointed to Youngjae and for a brief moment, their eyes met, making Youngjae's heart beat a little faster than it's normal pace.

Daehyun didn't falter, he just sent a look of disgust towards Youngjae and sat back on his seat. Youngjae sighed and looked to the whiteboard again, trying to capture as much as information from their teacher.

But it wasn't easy. Well, at least Daehyun knew his family name now.

 

 

---

 

A/N:

Ah sorry I have to hold this back for so long because I was going through a lot and had to do so much things. But now that I'm here let's get this party started! Thanks so much for those who have subscribed and voted, I really appreciate it! I will give my best to deliver this story and I hope you like it.

But you have to remember that this story will only be updated if I have enough 'Ways to Annoy Jung Daehyun'. So, I need you to comment down in the comment section some ways to annoy him, so I can keep the updates going c:

Thank you!!

Love,
Amy