Chapter 5

DUFF
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, I wake up earlier than others. I don’t want to face anyone, especially Shin Hye. My mood is still not good, so I think it’s the best to avoid all of them for now. I’ll apologise to her once I feel better. Our class starts at 10a.m and I am already prepared when the clock shows 8.30a.m. I slowly wake Yeeun up, just to inform her I’ll leave first.

“Yeeun-ah..”

“Hmm?” She squints her eyes. She wakes up abruptly, seeing I am already ready to go to class.

“Are we late? Oh god, we’re screwed!”

No. no. It’s just 8.30a.m. I have some matters to take care of. I have an appointment with Prof. Jin. I’ll just take the bus. Don’t worry and go to sleep back.” I whisper as I lied to her. I know she’s not buying with my lie but she just stays silent. She knows the best that I need some times to heal my broken heart, and I’m thankful that she didn’t question me.

#

Our apartment and the campus aren’t so far actually. It takes almost 30minutes to walk and probably 10minutes, that is after counting with the traffic jam if by car. So here I am, walking to the campus. The day is on my side since I only have two classes today, and so I don’t have to bring lots of books. Walking like this is nice too. I got to enjoy the morning scent. It felt nice and comforting. I had a rough day yesterday, and this is completely a healing for me. As I walk, I see a familiar back, walking in front of me. It’s a guy and he had his headphones on. I fasten my pace, as I get curious of the person. My eyes is literally almost popped out and my jaw drop when I see KIM MYUNGSOO!

I slow down and walk behind him silently, keeping a fairly far distance between us. I don’t want to get notice. He’s a hoobae I used to not shy with, but now, it’s a different situation. It’s really weird to see him around me.

Oh wait.

Did he.. Study here too? I look up to him and was shock to see him, staring at me, with a weird face. Or I’d rather say a concern look?

He walks up to me and stands in front of me.

“Sunbae are you okay? Why did you stop walking? I called you before but you didn’t respond.” He waves his hands in front of me, making me to wake up from my deep thought. I give an awkward smile, a slight bow and I hurriedly walk pass by him.

“Jihyo sunbae! Wait up! Let’s walk together!” He runs towards me and walks besides me. It’s like a stupid game. Whenever I walk faster, he would do the same, and whenever I walk slower, well, he still does the same. I stop and face him. He does the same, which irritate me more.

“Why do we have to walk together?” I ask in a serious tone.

“Because we’re heading to the same college?”

“Oh? What is that? Why is that sentence end with question mark?”

“And why do you have to bother by that?” He leans in, and I know by now he’s making fun of me.

Oh how dare you Kim Myungsoo. Now that you’re good looking you want to play with me huh?

“Because I am curious.” I lean in too; making our face closed enough to actually kiss.

Wait. No I’m not thinking to go that… you know.. That far..

“I don’t know. I just feel like to use the question mark.” He retreats and fixes his clothes.

Ohoooo I guess you’re still the same Kim Myungsoo. Still shy to talk with girls.

“Why I can’t walk with you? I just want to walk with you. Nothing more, nothing less. Do you hate me that much?”

His words touch my heart. Does he always feel that way whenever I’m avoiding him? I don’t hate you, Myungsoo-yah.. I’m just afraid..

“I don’t hate you. Let’s go.”

#

“What class are you in?” I ask, after a few moments of silence.

“I’m in your class.” He says bluntly while his eyes are still on the phone. My eyes widen hearing the words.

“You what!?” I practically am screaming right now.

“You heard me” Still, his eyes fix on his phone. I roll my eyes, feeling annoyed with him.

“What’s so great that you didn’t even look at me?” I take away his phone and about to look at it but he quickly snatch it away.

“You can’t just take away stranger’s phone like that.” He says while covering his phone, as if his biggest secret could have spoiled if I saw it just now. His words hurt me somehow.

“If you think of me as a stranger, why did you want to walk with me? You’re weird.” I walk faster leaving him, without giving him a chance to explain himself. I heard him calling me, and I can feel that he’s following me but I can’t face him right now. I quic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter