Chapter 4

DUFF
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed and I’m already in the lecture hall. I already missed my baby boo, Yunhyeong. Last time, we only got to hang out together when we went shopping.

And that shy guy. What was his name again?

Han something… Han.. Han… Yeah.. Hanbin..

LOL

He was still a shy boy, but that day.. he seemed to be more open? Even he didn’t talk much, he was brave enough to offer me his jacket when he saw me shivered in cold. And silently bought me some coffee when I bluntly said that I want coffee. Not that I asked anyone to buy, but I guess it was his style.

Wuuuuu cool city man.. Hahaha

Okay, now let’s focus to the lecturer, Jihyo. I tried to focus (which I am not right now) on what the lecturer was babbling? Next two weeks will be our second test, which means,

I NEED TO STUDY TO GET FIRST CLASS AND I ING HATE IT!

The pressure of the test was really no joke. My friends, and housemates, we all got first class for the previous semester, but this semester, it seemed that the subjects were much harder. And truthfully, I just could feel it that I had ruined my first tests.

“Song Jihyo-ssi? Could you give me the relevant case for this law?” The lecturer suddenly looked at me with a not so good impression. I sat up straight, and I could feel my face was reddened, embarrassed because the lecturer caught me daydreaming. I gathered up my courage and looked to my lecturer back.

“It’s IRDC case against Cooley, madam” I answered confidently. How do I know the answer? Because I remembered I read this part last night. Hahahaha

“And what’s the conflict with both of them?”

“The defendant was the director and he resigned because he wanted the contract for himself. He did not disclose full information to the company so, he had breach his duty. So, he was liable for all the profits he made.”

The others stole glances at me and they smiled. I kept my poker face as I looked at madam smiling to me too. I know I made them impressed. A mute girl can speak this confident. Who wouldn’t be amazed? I flipped my hair (in my imagination), celebrating my victory? LOL.

“Wow Jihyo. You’re doing good today” Narsha whispered to me as the lecturer started to teach again.

“Good job, Jihyo! Good job” Wendy clapped her hands excitedly, without making sounds.

^^^^^

“Bye Wen! Narsh!” See you on Monday!”

“Bye Jihyo!”

We waved hands as we parted to go back to our own house.

“Soooo… what are we eating for lunch?” I asked Yeeun, who was so busy with her phone.

“Let’s go to noraebang!” Chaerin screamed excitedly while eyeing Yeeun.

“Yeah, let’s go” Yeeun replied, without taking off her eyes from the phone.

“Really? Yah, yeeun-ah, don’t give us false hope! I’m really hoping, right now..” Hara’s, Hani’s and Shin Hye’s eyes were glimmering in hope.

Wow I don’t even know how can I see it…

But… I’m hungry…

“Yeeun-ah. Are we really going to karaoke?” I asked in a whispering tone to Yeeun.

“No… We’re just goofing. Come on Jihyo. Don’t be so nerd.” She sarcastically replied to me, which make me grinned sheepishly. As we were walking, I noticed that something was missing.

“Oh? Wait. My book. I left it.”

“It’s okay. You can go take it. We’ll just have ice creams while waiting for you. Come to the car park when you’re done, okay?” Hani suggested.

“Yeah. Do you want me to accompany you?” Amber asked while already grabbing my hand.

“No, that’s okay. I’ll be fine by myself. Bye!” I gently pushed her hands and waved to them before walking to the lecture hall earlier to get my book.

I went to my seat and found my book on the next seat.

“There you are. Come. Let’s go home” I spoke to the book and held it on my chest tightly.

“Hey. Who do we have here? A girl..” I suddenly heard a voice, not too far behind me. My feet froze. Oh no.. not again.. I tried to run, climbed all the stairs but damn it that guy was much faster. He grabbed me by my arms, and turned me to face him. My eyes almost plopped out, seeing a drunken guy with rotten smell like mouth, grinning like an idiot.

“Where are you running to? Oppa is not a scary person. Let’s have some fun.”

Oh gosh I don’t know what words to describe this terrible, disgusting, ewwww man. I just.. urgghhh. I satred into his eyes with an intense gaze, didn’t want to lose to him. After the incidents at the park, I had been taking martial art class, so yeah.. I knew a few moves to protect myself.

“ I don’t-“

“Hey! Let her go!”

Urghhh now who’s trying to be a hero? Can he just not cutting me off!? I was just about to show my super power moves!

I looked to the entrance door and was shocked to see Jiyong, Shin Hye’s boyfriend looking at me and that eeewww guy with a death glare.

“And what will you do if I don’t?” My eyes widened when that man started to my t-shirt. Jiyong dashed to me as fast as he could and I, out of self-reflect, started to kick that guy’s ball. He instantly let me go, and Jiyong stopped right in front of us.

“Shibal. Neo.. jeommal micheseo.” I buttoned back my shirt. Well he only managed to open one button, after all. While Jiyong just looked at me clueless. He honestly looked… dumbfounded.

Oh, so cute. Wait he’s my friend’s boyfriend.

I shook my head and left them. As soon as I went out of the lecture hall, I almost fell. My legs were trembling so hard. I maybe act like I’m strong. But honestly, I was so scared just now. I leaned to the wall and close my eyes as I was trying to catch some breath to calm my mind.

“Jihyo..” Someone gently patted my back, trying to calm me. And by the husky voice, I already knew it was Jiyong.

I opened my eyes and tried hard to give a smile. But I don’t think it looked like a smile to Jiyong.

“I’m okay.” I pushed his hands off me. I don’t really like skinship with any man.

“You don’t look like you’re okay.” He insisted to hold me, as he p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter