[RaBin] 20/20

Word Vomit

Hakyeon had been bugging Wonshik to go to the doctor. He's even gotten Jaehwan to help shove him in the car. Both friends decided to keep Wonshik away from driving since they knew how his bad his vision was getting.

 

"Wonshik, just get a prescription and we'll get you the glasses!" Hakyeon nagged.

 

Wonshik shakes his head. This 6 foot tall coward has been afraid of everything, from insects to the supernatural and even trips to the doctor. Not to mention that one time he almost fainted at the dentist when he saw the previous patient get a cleaning but that's another story...

 

He continued to refuse, clinging to the door as he begged them not to do this to him.

 

"What a drama queen.."

 

"Don't make me get T--"

 

Hakyeon knew what to threaten Wonshik with and it was the presence of his stoic yet life-threatening boyfriend. Jaehwan said he's murdered someone with his glare, Wonshik was gullible enough to believe it and forever avoided the quiet man's gaze. How did crazy, talkative, affectionate Hakyeon ever go out with someone his polar opposite? The thought continues to boggle Wonshik's head as Taekwoon's incoming foot hit him straight to the gut, throwing Wonshik off to the other side of the van.

 

Success.

 

Right then and there, it was a different blurring that occurred. This blur faded to black.

 

--

 

Wonshik wakes up with the light pointed at him, a silhouette of another being outlined with the rays.

 

"Gabriel, is that you?" he managed a mumble.

 

The figure scoffed as he redirected the light revealing a person just as angelic as the image of the messenger in his head.

 

"Close enough but not quite." He tugs on Wonshik's left cheek as he pointed a small flashlight to examine the subject more clearly. "You finally woke up. I can't really refract you unconscious, you know."

 

Wonshik heard his cue to tremble in his seat.

 

--

 

After making him read various letters off the wall, Wonshik was made to wear these round glasses he deemed 'nerdy' and 'unfashionable'. His eyes adjusted and the first thing he sees is his optometrist and he couldn't expanse how important vision is at this point.

 

His eyes wandered from his perfectly brushed hair to his flawless skin, seeing how it concaves into dimples as he moved his mouth while he talked. His nametag wrote "Dr. Lee" and his notebook had "Hongbin" written on it with a small doodle of a bean. He saw how small his hands were as he wrote in it. How his lashes would flutter as he blinked and averted his eyes to his desk, how his fingers were moving infront of his face and-- SNAP!

 

"Earth to Wonshik, are you there?" He chuckled and snapped a few more times at his face. "I said try to walk around if the floor appears too deep or if it starts moving."

 

"Oh.." At that moment, the floor was moving. His world was all upside down. And his new 20/20 vision couldn't seem to tear off of this cute optometrist.

 

Everything was clear now. 20/20.

 

-