[Navi] New Year, New Us

Word Vomit

 

"Jagi, isn't this a wonderful idea?"

 

Hakyeon cooed as he marveled at the view at the hotel penthouse. Wonshik had suggested that the two of them spend New Year's Eve alone, together. It was their first New Year's Eve together and Wonshik was undeniably anxious on the couch. Why, you ask?

 

Hakyeon approached his lover and cups his cheeks to make him direct his attention at him, squishing his rich, chubby cheeks that his lips formed a pout.

 

"What are you thinking about?"

 

"Nothing, nothing."

 

Wonshik reassured him, a faint smile following the sentence. Hakyeon then moves his hand at the back of Wonshik's head, hugging it as he pressed Wonshik to him burying his face to his torso.

 

"Don't be sad. Know who you're going to kiss when the clock strikes 12."

 

Hakyeon leans down and kisses the top of Wonshik's head, successfully earning a smile from the younger, erasing the anxiety from his features.

 

"Can't wait."

 

In a few hours the sun set and the fireworks painted the night sky with its vibrant colors. Hakyeon sat by the window and Wonshik sat across him, dinner was served and a candle was lit. It illuminated Hakyeon's deer eyes and Wonshik couldn't help but look away to avoid Hakyeon from seeing him in awe at the purely ethereal being seated in front of him. He watches as the light colors his lover as they exploded making him unable to look away or even touch his food.

 

It was adorable how Hakyeon seemed to enjoy the fireworks a little too much. They were up by 46 floors and the 26-year-old man couldn't appear more like 5.

 

"Shikkie! Shikkie! They're starting the countdown!"

 

9..

 

"H-Hakyeon.."

 

8..

 

".. I've been trying to keep this in for the entire evening.."

 

7..

 

"I'm really hoping you would consider.."

 

6...

 

Wonshik got up and bent a knee, rendering his lover frozen and teary-eyed.

 

5...

 

"S-Shikkie..? Is this--"

 

4...

 

"Yes."

 

3..

 

"Cha Hakyeon."

 

2...

 

"Will you be my--"

 

1...

 

"Yes, of course."

 

Hakyeon flung his arms around Wonshik, taking the ring and capturing his lips.

 

"Happy New Year, jagiya."

 

"Happy New Year, I love you."

 

---------------------------

A/N: Ahh too cheesy? I'm sorry it was request and I think I went a little too overboard