Chapter 1

Watch The Throne

Watch The Throne

~Chapter 1~


Yunho hurriedly walked to school. His arms pushed deep in his pockets. As of this year, Yunho had gotten a car for his birthday, however it had been a month and he still hadn’t become accustomed to driving so he continually forgot about the shiny red Lexus LC 500 sitting in his garage.

 

It was already the second day of the school year and Yunho had a list of tasks that needed to be done. All revolving around the transfer students, mind you! After the talk with the principle he had learned that their sister school shared many of the same share-holders therefore the principle had no choice but to lend a hand.

 

Yesterday, Yunho hadn’t made up his mind how he felt about the transfer students but since the speech, the school’s staff seemed really proud of him thus Yunho already liked the situation... That was the prime reason why he was heading to school earlier than usual.

 

He had already texted all the third year student council members to arrive to school early so they could help prep. Yunho had to ensure the welcoming committee made the best impression possible, so who better to do it than himself? He had already gotten all the third year student council members including himself out of their morning classes so they would be available whenever the students arrived.

 

The busses full of Shin Ki High students would arrive over the course of the morning. It seemed that many of them did not know how to get Toho so the school had provided transportation, which would probably continue even after today.

 

Yunho walked through the school’s gates before giving a quick bow to the guard who stood watch. He then pulled out his phone and checked the time; he had half an hour before school officially started. Yunho didn’t waste anymore time as he jogged up the stairs and opened the door to the student council room. The small room sat next to the library and was the library’s former storage unit, until Kangta has convinced the principle to spare it for student council activities. Kangta was one of the legendary student body presidents. Of course it didn’t help Yunho much as he had gigantic shoes to fill in.

 

Yunho’s gaze shifted to the table before an immediate frown followed. As the principle had promised, there lay a thick stack of laminated cards and tons of lanyards scattered all over the table, the transfer students’ new ID cards.

 

Yunho took off his school blazer and began clipping the lanyards to the cards. He quickly checked ID cards and was relieved that they had each student’s respective classes on the back. This would make the welcoming easier for both parties.

 

Several minutes passed and Yunho was still furiously clipping the lanyards to the cards. Thankfully more student council members walked in. Yunho gave them a quick greeting before getting them up to speed.

 

“I’ve had the school excuse us from all morning classes, we need to be there whenever the students arrive. Since the students are being picked up from Shin Ki High and other areas, they will all arrive at different times.” He began while continuing to work away.

 

“I’ll split these up and each of us will hand out IDs. We’ll give them a quick tour but we need them in class within 15 minutes of their arrival. So just show them where the office, the hall, the library and the bathrooms are, then take them to their classes and introduce them.”

 

“The teachers can introduce them, can’t they?” one of the female student council member questioned as she paused and looked at Yunho. Yunho’s head snapped up to look at the girl before letting out a sigh.

 

“Boa, you joined the student council in order to enhance your leadership qualities, no? What better chance then holding the introductions ourselves?” Yunho explained before going back to work. Boa bit her bottom lip before nodded, not entirely convinced though.

 

“I get that you all feel as if they’re moving in on our territory, but they’re not. Applaud them actually; they’re willing to learn despite the hardship they’re facing.” Yunho added. “Make sure you’re all nice as I will ask them how they were treated during today’s assembly. If they are welcomed well, I’ll treat you all.”

 

 

The next day arrived and Jaejoong was freaking out. He felt so nervous that his hands and feet were ice cold. All that he had hoped for during the new school year now seemed at lost. He was supposed to be crowned student body president and now he wouldn’t.

Apparently the school had called his home after he had left yesterday, they had informed his mother that he’d been transferred to Toho High, which had made his father –a Toho High alumni, oh so happy.

 

His father had initially wanted him to go to Toho but Jaejoong had been smitten with the arts program at Shin Ki, of course Shin Ki High was technically further than Toho from their house but Jaejoong was dead set.

 

“I guess the family tradition of Toho alumni continues!” His father claimed that morning at breakfast. Jaejoong sat down and let out a sigh before looking at his father.

 

“Grandpa didn’t graduate from Toho…” Jaejoong pointed out. “Neither did his father…”

 

Jaejoong’s father chuckled nervously before pushing his glasses further up the bridge of his nose.


“True, but since I did and you will, the tradition begins,” He smiled earning a laugh from his sisters who were listening in.

 

“I heard Toho doesn’t hold any drama-productions,” Ahyoung stated before looking to Jaejoong for a reaction. Jaejoong just sulked further looking to his mother.

 

“Homeschoo –”

 

“Absolutely not!” his mother cut him off. “You need the high school experience!” Jaejoong let out a soul-shattering sigh before looking at his mother through his bangs. She clicked her tongue and shook her head before continuing to cook breakfast.

 

In order to prevent him from missing the bus that would pick him up from Shin Ki High, his mother booted him out of the kitchen before forcing him out of the house. She waved him goodbye before returning into the house. Jaejoong’s shoulders drooped as he walked the familiar path to school.

 

“Jae!” A voice sang before someone grabbed his arm. Jaejoong frowned at his friend before pulling his arm out from his grasp.

 

“Why are you so happy?” Jaejoong demanded. The other boy scoffed before lightly hitting Jaejoong’s head.

“Yah! Yoochun that hurts!”

 

“No it doesn’t, I barely touched you!” he replied before walking a step ahead. “We could just walk to Toho High, it’s closer than walking to Shin Ki…” he pointed out.

 

“Mom said that they want us to meet at the gates and go by bus, they’re probably going to lecture us,” Jaejoong explained, earning a nod from Yoochun.

 

“My dad wanted to buy me a Toho uniform,” Yoochun frowned before scratching the back of his head and looking back at Jaejoong.

 

“No way! Why should we buy new uniforms, we were forced to transfer!” Jaejoong huffed. Yoochun snapped his finger and nodded.

 

“That’s what I’m thinking.”

 

 

Yunho walked to the front of the school with the other third year student council members behind him. Each of them held a stack of ID cards, all attached to lanyards now.


“How we present ourselves now will define their Toho experience so please remember what I’ve said, be welcoming. Act as though they are all first years.”

 

“So can we pull pranks of them?” Hyukjae questioned who walked next to Yunho on his right.

 

“You pulled pranks on the first years?” Yunho asked looking unamused, causing Hyukjae to shake his head furiously. “Please just don’t do anything you wouldn’t want done to yourselves,” Yunho pleaded as stepped outside the school building.

 

 

Jaejoong was just about ready to lash out when his ear buds were forcefully pulled out of his ears; he snapped his head towards the person who had done such a horrible act.

 

“Hello!” Heechul waved animatedly as he peered in over Jaejoong’s shoulder from his seat behind. Yoochun who sat next to Jaejoong turned to Heechul and gave a small wave.

 

“What’s up?” Yoochun grinned. Heechul smirked as he handed Jaejoong his ear buds back.

 

“I heard that there are some really hot guys at Toho, I’m dying inside to see!” He squealed loudly, though purposely leaning towards Jaejoong who was now shooting him a glare.

 

“I heard they’re all ugly,” Jaejoong bit out irritated while looking to Heechul, who frowned.

 

“I suppose we’ll find out soon, we’re here!” Yoochun informed turning to Jaejoong who looked like he was going to be sick.

 

“I’m so excited I feel like I’m going to throw up!” Heechul gushed before looking to Jaejoong. Jaejoong rolled his eyes before getting up.

 

“I might also throw up but for the opposite reasons…” Jaejoong grumbled.

 

“Why are you so down about this, you’re the one who was counting the days until school started,” Yoochun whispered.

 

“That because I was supposed to be student body president! I can’t claim my throne here, can I?” Jaejoong scowled as he swung his backpack onto his shoulder and began filing out of the bus.

 

“I’m sure you’ll find a way Princess,” Yoochun mumbled giving Jaejoong a smirk before hoping off and following the group of students forming a crowd around the Toho High students.

 

“Welcome Shin Ki High students,” A voice greeted. Jaejoong stood on his tiptoes in order to see whom it was talking. “My name is Jung Yunho I am the student body president here…” Jaejoong felt his stomach churn as he pushed forward now looking at Toho High’s student body president. He narrowed his eyes at the taller boy who wore a freshly pressed navy blue and porcelain white uniform. His brunette hair was over-combed to the left and a smile plastered his face.

 

Jaejoong tore his gaze away before fixing his posture and pulling lightly at his own hair, which fell limply over his forehead.

 

“This guy screams president-material, are we in a movie?” Yoochun whispered after he elbowed Jaejoong.  Jaejoong let out a sound of agreement before he looked back at the Toho High president who was still talking.

 

“We sincerely want to welcome you and ensure that you’re comfortable here. Before we give you a tour could everyone line up so we can hand out your student IDs?” Yunho asked before smiling again.

 

“He’s gorgeous,” Heechul whispered as he pulled through the crowd and stood beside Jaejoong. Before Jaejoong could comprehend the entirety of Heechul’s words he found himself nodding, causing Heechul to giggle and poke his waist.

 

He bit his lip feeling a tad bit embarrassed alongside intimidated but regardless he walked forward and stood directly in front of Yunho.

 

“Kim Jaejoong,” Jaejoong introduced as he held out a hand. Yunho seemed thrown off for a second as he stared at the boy. Before Yunho could react, Hyukjae handed an ID card to Yunho. Yunho looked it over and saw a picture of the same boy at the front of it.

 

Yunho then smiled warmly and shook his hand before holding out the ID card. Jaejoong snatched it out of his hands before holding it up and smiling back.

 

“As the student body president of Shin Ki High, thank you for welcoming us so warmly,” Jaejoong replied though the bitterness in his voice lay evident. Jaejoong shoved the card into his pocket before looking back at Yunho for a response.

 

“Ah,” Yunho chuckled lightly before bowing slightly. “It’s no problem, we’re only doing what anybody would do, no?” He questioned followed by a daunting smirk.

 

“Mhm…” Jaejoong shrugged looking around the campus before turning back to Yunho. “I suppose I don’t get a seat on the council?” He sighed. If Yunho was surprised at the other’s straight forwardness he sure as hell didn’t show it instead he pulled out his phone.


“With the new students here alongside the old, half have voted me and half have voted you, how about I appoint you as vice-president?” Jaejoong’s eye widened and he had to readjust himself before clicking his tongue and letting out another sigh.

 

“I suppose it’s better than nothing,” he replied nonchalantly.

 

“Great, could I grab your number so I can inform you when we have meetings and such,” Yunho questioned as he handed his phone over. Jaejoong was nervous, though he hoped he didn’t show it. His fingers were cold from anxiety, he almost expected the other to pull the phone away and tell him he was joking.

 

Fortunately Yunho did not so Jaejoong rigidly entered his digits before handing the phone back.

 

“I’m sure with you aboard the council, the school year will be quite pleasant,” Yunho replied in an irritated manner. By now Jaejoong could tell that Yunho had done what he had only because they were in public and he didn’t have much of a choice.

 

Jaejoong smiled cheekily as he nodded. By so easily allowing him onto the council Yunho was digging his own grave.

 

On the other hand Yunho took in a breath, he knew his decision was risky but for now it would be in his best interest to keep Jaejoong where he could see him.


 

Somehow Suju is also in this fic! I suppose they are very good side characters? keke <3
Thankyou for all your support so far, I felt so touched~!

Bye~! Will post Ch. 2 soon!!

Why is he so hawt!?!? ^//^