Prologue

Watch The Throne

 

Watch The Throne
~Prologue~


Yunho stood at the corner stage of Toho High’s grand hall. His hard work during his second year paid off, as he would soon be crowned student body president. And there was no reason for him not to be proud, it was because of his personality that persuaded the school to vote for him as student body president last year.

 

The last President, Kangta had taught him well and had Yunho follow him day to day so naturally, the school approved of Kangta’s protégé.  Yunho took in a deep breath and stared out at the 200+ students seated in the hall.

 

“Before I hand the stage over to your new student body president, I must inform you of some changes that will be occurring this year,” The principle stated as he paused and looked at the students.

 

Yunho let out an inner sigh but forced himself to straighten his posture.

 

“I was informed of a situation our sister-school is having. It seems that there was a leakage in the sewer pipes that was supposed to be taken care of during the year-end break, but was not and therefore the school will need to renovate. I’m told it is not confirmed how long it will take, but is guaranteed to be more than a month.” The principle explained. He then pulled on his glasses and looked at the sheets of paper on the podium in front of him.

 

“In such a time of need, on our behalf, I have extended a hand and have decided to invite those students to our school for the time being. I’ve been told that a small margin of the students have transferred to other nearby schools, but the majority remain closest to our school.”

 

The entire student body was whispering now creating a dull roar. The principle seemed agitated as he continued.

 

“As our sister school it is our responsibility to help out when in need. Surely when they arrive tomorrow morning you will all greet them well!” he was shouting by the end trying to be heard over the whispering. “Now, your student body president!” he announced before stepping off stage.

 

Yunho blinked a few times. This was not how he imagined he would make his first speech. The students were supposed to be applauding and cheering as he entered the center stage; instead they were still talking amongst themselves. Yunho gulped before stepping onto the podium and looking out at the students.

 

“Welcome back Toho High!” He cheered loudly hoping his nervousness wouldn’t show. Thankfully most of the students quieted down after hearing him speak. “Fortunately, thanks to your humble votes I stand before you, eager to represent each and every one of you throughout the year,” he added as he placed his hands on the podium using it to work through his anxiety.

 

The students began talking again and Yunho felt his stomach drop. He bit his lip while mentally tossing his prepared speech.

 

“Students of Toho High, you are anxious upon hearing the news, no?” He questioned now catching the entire hall’s attention as the silence became heavy. “I understand you all feel worried and confused and quite possibly angry… But stop and think, that what you are feeling now, is exactly what the student’s of Shin Ki High are experiencing except, amplified.” He stated. He slightly moved back and let out a shaky breath before speaking again.

 

“You will have the same building, staff and friends, a familiar surrounding. These students coming in from Shin Ki High don’t have that luxury, I am sure the first years in front of me understand this feeling well. As you were greeted when you entered this school I’m expecting and hoping you will greet them just as warmly!” There was a pause before the teachers began clapping, soon the students followed suit. Some even whistled much to Yunho’s content.

 

“Yunho jjang!” He heard one of his friends yell. Yunho broke out a smile after taking a deep breath.

“Now, when these students arrive tomorrow, you will all greet them well, right?” he asked. The hall was filled with expressions of agreements causing Yunho to chuckle before his gaze turned to the side of the stage. The principle nodded happily while giving him a thumbs up before motioning him to dismiss the students.

 

“Alright! Everyone head to your homerooms. Enjoy this school year, be it better than the last!” He smiled before stepping off the stage and standing next to the principle. Yunho watched the hall begin to vacate before turning to the older man.

 

“Well done! Indeed you are fit for such a role,” he laughed as he patted Yunho’s shoulder. “Alright then, follow me I will fill you in on this situation to ensure that you’re prepared.”

 

 

Jaejoong had been so happy when he awoke this morning. He was ready to start school again, this time as a 3rd year and moreover as the school’s chosen student body president. Last year it had been a unanimous vote that he’d take the position this year. Of course it helped that no one else was interested but Jaejoong had gravitated towards this position the second he had entered Shin Ki High!

“I’m probably going to be hanging out with friends afterwards!” He informed his mother who nodded before waving him goodbye.

 

If Jaejoong said he didn’t skip all the way to school, he would be outright lying. He not only skipped the entire way but also hummed loudly, not that that was a problem considering he did have a nice voice.

 

His brows furrowed as he approached the school gates. He began chewing his bottom lip roughly as he pulled out his phone and checked the date and time. He did have school, right? He became even more confused when he noticed it was the right date and time.


“What the hell…” He mumbled to himself as he stood outside the school gates. Jaejoong sighed before he hopped onto the gate, preparing to climb over it. Just then one of the school’s security guards jogged up to the gate with an angry look across his face.


“Yah!” he yelled before grabbing the gate and shaking it. Jaejoong held in a scream and tightened his grip on the gate before glaring at the man.

 

“Are you trying to kill me?” Jaejoong screeched before jumping off. “Ajusshi, quickly open the gate!” he then added before placing his hands on his hips while trying to calm himself down.

 

“No school today, kid! Didn’t you get a call?” The Ajusshi questioned. Jaejoong’s eyes widened but before he could in, the older man continued. “There’s a sewage leak so the school is off limits. They're supposed to be calling and having the student’s transferred to different schools. If you live around here, then you’ll be transferring to Toho High.”

 

“I didn’t get a call though,” Jaejoong jutted looking dubiously at the security guard. The older man gave Jaejoong a click of his tongue before walking off with his arms crossed.

 

“Go on home!” He called out leaving Jaejoong at the gates.

 


 

So that was the prologue.... 

.......

BYE~! I will post CH. 1 soon!