Chapter 7b

Watch The Throne

Watch The Throne

---Chapter 7 part 2/2---


The next morning Jaejoong didn’t bother attending the council meeting, instead he opted to head straight to the gym and check out the sound systems to ensure their concert would set off without a hitch. The concert would be the highlight of today and that was undeniable, of course if everything went well, Jaejoong would graciously accept all the glory. 

 

“Hyunjoong, when we enter the bridge, come onto center stage and then sing backup,” Jaejoong informed said boy whom nodded.

 

“Got it! Are we closing curtains after the first song or are you just walking off the stage?” Hyunjoong asked as his fingers lightly strummed at his unplugged electric guitar. “Cause everyone on stage during Song 1 is also performing for Song 2. So…?”

 

“I’ll just walk off, it’s stupid to have a curtain call when you’re all ready to play,” Jaejoong responded with a small shrug of his shoulder. His eyes then travelled to giant clock at the front of the gymnasium, it was almost 9. In other words the sport’s festival was just starting.

 

With a sharp exhale of breath, Jaejoong spun on his heel and marched out of the gymnasium. A part of him wanted to go watch the sports tournament, his mind distinctly reminding him that Yunho would be playing the first game and the first game only. But he shook clear his head, scolding himself for even thinking of such. The previous night’s thoughts seeped into his head and with that in mind, he turned the corner, heading to the Home Economics room to prepare for the food stands.

 

 

It was 11:30 on the dot when students of Shin Ki and Toho High began roaming the halls, loudly proclaiming the winning teams. Year 3, Class 1 had taken the position as number one and though it was Jaejoong’s class, the brunette felt at a loss, he couldn’t find it in himself to be happy as ultimately it was Yunho’s win.

 

Jaejoong gathered the last of the ingredients before making his way towards the entrance of the school where all the food stands had been set up. They had half an hour to make the first batch of food before the students could officially start buying.

 

“Jae,” A voice called out, causing the vice-president to turn around, his eyes locking with Yoochun’s before his mouth widened into a smile.

 

“Chun, hey,” Jaejoong responded before walking in step with the younger boy.

 

“Everything for the concert is ready to go so I thought I would come help you out,” He explained before shrugging his shoulder’s casually.

 

“Absolutely not!” Jaejoong screeched. “You’re a horrible cook, stay away from the food!”

 

 

The food stands were doing well, though Jaejoong was quickly becoming weary of Changmin. For every item sold, Changmin ate two.

 

“You’ve eaten almost a hundred dollars worth of food and it’s only 12:30…” Jaejoong finally said with a scowl on his face as he batted Changmin’s prying fingers away from the kimbap.

 

“I gave you Yunho secrets,” Changmin pouted, his bottom lip jutting out before he swooped under Jaejoong’s arms and grabbed a handful of the cooling fishcakes.

 

“Those secrets mean nothing!” Jaejoong yelled in frustration before placing his hands on his hips.

 

“Fine, I’ll help you with your campaign, you want to be president don’t you?”

 

“You’re skills aren’t even worth a fraction of the food you’ve eaten.”

 

“I told you already, I know everything about everyone. If I help you, there’s no way you’ll lose,” the younger assured after finishing the fishcakes. “You just need to be okay with playing dirty,” He then added as he eyed Jaejoong.

 

“You hate Yunho that much?” Jaejoong’s brow furrowed, though a look of incredulity crossed his face.

 

“Absolutely not! He buys food for me,” Changmin gasped, looking utterly scandalized while a hand rested on his chest. “I just like watching other’s in pain.”

 

 

“Hyunjoong, did you get my text?” Jaejoong asked as he jogged across the gymnasium over to his classmate.

 

Hyunjoong chuckled before nodding. “Yeah I did, I think it’s a good idea. Let’s do it,” He smiled before giving Jaejoong a quick thumbs up. “Though I’m a bit worried about the reaction.”

 

“It’ll be fine,” Jaejoong shrugged though his thoughts mirrored Hyunjoong’s. His heart was racing because really, there was no surefire way of telling how the student body and the school in general would react.

 

Jaejoong then walked to the back of the stage where stood a crowd of students all chattering away.

 

“Hey, are you guys ready?” Jaejoong asked as he began to pull off his school blazer.

 

“Yea, we’re all set. Did you want to rehearse since you didn’t this morning?” Yoochun asked as he pulled away from the others and stood in front of Jaejoong, his arm outstretched with a pair of dark denim jeans and a long leather tank.

 

“I’ll be fine,” Jaejoong nodded as he grabbed the pieces of clothing off Yoochun’s arm and headed to go get changed. “Right! Yoochun, during the second bridge of the song, please make sure that there are no teachers in the gymnasium, okay?”

 

“Um, okay?” Yoochun mumbled, a look of confusion on his face. “Why?”

 

“Hyunjoong and I are planning something, just make sure there are no teachers!” Jaejoong called out over his shoulder before disappearing around the corner.

 

 

Yunho was grinning ear to ear when he walked down the hallway leading towards the gymnasium. Everyone, including the Shin Ki High students had good things to say about the festival so far. It also lightened his burden upon hearing Toho students complimenting Shin Ki’s food stands during their lunch period. Now he just hoped Shin Ki’s concert would do well and than they could officially call the entire festival a hit!

 

As he neared the gymnasium doors, he could feel his heartbeat quicken due to the loud sounds emitting from inside. Upon opening the doors Yunho was met with several Shin Ki students whom each turned their heads towards him, one of them he quickly recognized as Yoochun.

 

“Hey,” Yoochun grinned as he gave Yunho a casual wave.

 

“Hey,” Yunho responded automatically, surprised that Yoochun was acting as he was despite what Yunho had said to Jaejoong earlier. He then shuffled closer to the younger so he could hear him over the loud sounds of music.

 

“Here to watch?”

 

“Yeah,” Yunho nodded as his eyes traveled back to the students standing by the door. “Why are you guys guarding the doors?” he then asked with a raised brow.

 

“Not sure, Jaejoong’s personal request,” Yoochun replied before offering a small shrug.

 

“Well that’s not strange at all,” Yunho chuckled before his eyes trailed towards the stage where Jaejoong was beginning to sing. Several seconds went by while the entire gymnasium was silent, taking in the soft melody of Jaejoong voice.

 

“He’s great isn’t he?” Yoochun mumbled as he grinned while keeping his eyes on Jaejoong.

 

Yunho could only nod dumbly as his own eyes refused to leave the sight of Jaejoong singing into the microphone with his eyes blissfully closed. He didn’t utter another word to Yoochun as he stepped forward and began to walk so he was closer to the stage. By the time he was close enough to see Jaejoong clearly the music had begun to pick up.

 

It wasn’t surprising when the entire gymnasium began to cheer, evidently enjoying to song.

 

The Toho student president was at loss for words, rendered speechless as he continued to listen to Jaejoong sing who now seemed like an entirely different person up on stage. Every word sang sunk into Yunho chest, filling him up emotions he had never met before. Yunho chuckled when he realized he had been grinning like a maniac so far without even knowing. Of course only Jaejoong could do this to him.

 

The music grew only louder as the song began to come to an end, and for a brief moment Yunho felt his stomach drop upon realization of such. Jaejoong had said he would only be singing one song and Yunho got the feeling the chances of him hearing Jaejoong singing again were slim to none.

 

Yunho almost jumped when Jaejoong’s eyes met with his for the first time since their earlier fight. The older boy gave Yunho a jeering look before a smirk found it’s way onto his lips. He kept his eyes on Yunho as he slowly walked towards the guitarist whom was now observing Jaejoong with an indecipherable glint in his eyes.

 

Jaejoong then ran the back of his palm against the guitarist’s cheek while he sang the last verse of the song before his hands tangled into the guitarist’s copper locks. Jaejoong’s eyes finally left Yunho, now locking his gaze with the guitarist’s.

 

Yunho watched in confusion as they both stared at one another before Jaejoong pushed forward, catching the guitarist’s lips with his. The song ended though Yunho had barely noticed, his eyes still wide as he stared at the sight of Jaejoong kissing the guitarist.

 

Once Jaejoong pulled back he give one last look to Yunho, letting out a short snicker into the microphone before placing it back on the stand and walking off stage. Yunho still stood in shock when the next song began to play and a different vocalist entered the stage.

 

When he finally regained his composure, Yunho began to make his way to where Jaejoong was, backstage.

 

 

“What was that?” Yoochun demanded the second he saw Jaejoong walk past the curtains and slump down on a nearby chair, the largest of grins never leaving his face.

 

“What was what?” Jaejoong replied idly.

 

“The kiss, what was that?” Yoochun reiterated before narrowing his eyes. “Yunho was watching.”

 

“Yeah I know, so?” Jaejoong mused as he looked to Yoochun. “We broke up. I can do whatever I want.”

 

Yoochun’s eyes widened before he clicked his tongue. “You did it on purpose didn’t you?”

 

“As if!” Jaejoong retorted quickly as he looked past Yoochun to the stage exit where Yunho should be bolting through any second now.

 

“I don’t believe you,” Yoochun frowned before shaking his head at Jaejoong. He then gave the older boy one last look before disappearing around the corner and into the audio booth.

 

Jaejoong simply huffed before looking back to the door, his foot tapping vigorously against the floor as he began to get impatient. Just when Jaejoong was about to get up and head towards the door himself, the entrance swung open and a grinning Changmin entered the small area.

 

 

Yunho was about to turn the knob to the backstage door but suddenly stopped. ‘It’s exactly what he wants,’ He thought to himself before spinning on his heel and heading towards the gymnasium exit.

 

He was still angry –furious actually but there was no way he was going to allow Jaejoong to play him as a fool. He was halfway across the gymnasium when he heard his name being called, his head snapping to the direction of the voice.

 

“Boa, hey,” Yunho smiled almost forcibly as said girl approached him with a smile gracing her lips.

 

“I’m surprised Toho’s enjoying the concert, it definitely not my taste,” Boa sighed as she lightly rubbed her temple for effect.

 

“I suppose it’s not everyone’s forte,” Yunho simply shrugged before his breath hitched and he turned to look completely at Boa. “Let’s go out --on a date, maybe tonight?”

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Yeah, seriously. Let’s go out,” Yunho confirmed, once again pulling on a fake smile though his thoughts drifted to Jaejoong whom probably sat with a smug smile plastering his face.

 

 

Jaejoong was confused when Changmin walked towards him. With furrowed brows he shot up, his hands resting on his hips. “What is it?” he asked, none too nicely.

 

“Just wanted to chat,” Changmin shrugged, though a devious smile rested on his lips.

 

“Fine but did you see Yunho?”

 

“Yunho? I saw him heading towards the exit, guess he’s got other stuff to do,” Changmin replied with a small shrug of his shoulders.

 

“He left?” Jaejoong almost screamed, not bothering to hide his frustration as he ran his hand through his hair. Changmin raised a brow in confusion but chose to merely nod in reply.

 

“Anyways, about this election campaign, what’s your plan?”

 

“What?”

 

“This Monday the election campaigning starts, don’t tell me you forgot! You do realize this campaign’s going to make or break you. Yunho has the upper hand here!”

 

“I know that,” Jaejoong snapped before letting out a breath and pacing back and forth. His finger tangled into his dark locks while he attempted to sort out his thoughts. Why was he so panicked? Before he could piece together his thoughts he was already whipping his head towards Changmin. “Was Yunho outside? Is he coming?”

 

Changmin must have noticed Jaejoong’s frantic tone as his brows rose upwards followed by a confused look. He kept quiet for a second while he swiped his tongue over his bottom and lip and shook his head. “No, but I did see him heading out like 5 minutes ago, Boa in tow.”

 

“Boa?” Jaejoong repeated, eyes going wide. “Why’s he with Boa? What the f–”

 

“I’m not too sure about that and quite frankly, I don’t even care right now!” Changmin cut the older boy off before leaning on his right leg and resting his hands on his hips, the corners of his mouth tugging downwards in a frown. “All I know is that I’m going to help you win against Yunho. All I need from you is an offer…”

 

“An offer? Why should I offer when you’re the one pestering me about helping?”

 

“Because I’m not just any high school student, I’m Shim Changmin dammit!”

 

“I don’t have anything to give you, nor do I really need your help. Actually, why are you so bent up about helping me, aren’t you Yunho’s friend?”

 

“I am,” Changmin assured, adding a small nod for emphasis. “My friends are entertaining to watch. Their struggles and sacrifices, they’ve become an integral part of my life. Yunho however, it’s just no fun with him. He’s too precise, too focused, too… perfect? It’s not about me wanting to see him suffer, it’s about me wanting to see Yunho flourish –if you will.” He let out a soft chuckle, using the back of his palm to cover his mouth before continuing.

 

“Everything is so black and white for him. Things always go as planned, and because of that somewhere along the lines, Yunho ceased developing. I just think it’s time for Yunho to be pulled out by his roots.”

 

“So… you’re a sadist but also a masochist since you keep coming to me, knowing I’ll reject your proposition.”

 

Changmin looked to Jaejoong incredulously before ruffling his own hair out of frustration, eyes hard with disbelief. “You’re impossible!” he claimed before looking unamused at the older boy. “Just give me an offer that even Jung Yunho can’t top.”

 

“I can’t offer you luxury cars…”

 

“Do I seem that shallow?” Changmin huffed while feigning hurt as he clutched his chest. “You know me a little better than that.”

 

 “Homemade lunches for a --”

 

“Done!” Changmin exclaimed, the widest grin Jaejoong had ever seen now rested on Changmin’s face.

 

“I didn’t even get to finish…”

 

“Homemade food is all that needs to be said,” Changmin shrugged before holding out his hand for Jaejoong to shake. The vice president rolled his eyes before giving into Changmin’s antics and shaking hands.

 

“Now, how sure are you that you can win this thing?”

 

Jaejoong was quiet as he thought back to Yunho, that stupid grinning, idiot who had given him butterflies just earlier that morning. He still had butterflies when he thought of the younger boy but they quickly fell flat upon remembering Yunho’s cold words and the fact he didn’t care, because If he did, he would be standing where Changmin currently stood, angry, jealous or anything else just so long as he was in close proximity of Jaejoong. If Yunho really cared, he definitely wouldn’t have chosen Boa’s company over Jaejoong’s.

 

‘That stupid, stupid, stupid idiot!’ Jaejoong thought spitefully, briefly pondering whether Yunho had simply played with him to prevent Jaejoong from taking presidency. The thought of it made Jaejoong’s blood boil, his head spinning in rage.
 

“I have a trump card!’ Jaejoong finally spat, his lips curving into a dangerous smirk.

 

“What?”

 

“It’s a picture. Physical, tangible proof!”

 

“Let’s me see it,” Changmin stated, voice stern as he took a small step forward.

 

“You’ll see it when the rest of the school does.”

 

“…Fine,” Changmin bit out reluctantly.

 

“Great!” Jaejoong smirked, clapping his hands together. “Let’s crush him!”


 


H E Y ~ ! 
---

A couple of hours turned into a whole day but.. I mean... who's counting right? hehehe ^_^''
Anyways I did promise a kiss, though I never specified who so taa-daaaaa~!
Also we're at 70 full pages on word, huzzah~!
Technically we're at 90-ish cause I have about 20 pages of 'out-takes' ( ~ 30,000 words) which is basically a bunch of scenes, which didn't end up in the fic. Though there is one scene in my outtakes doc that I'm hoping to use eventually.

It's JONGKEY meets YUNJAE, I seriously would love to add that scene but I can't seem to fit it in right, hopefully it works out~!

Also I apologize because this chapter is a tad bit different than the others as it's the most recent and up to par with my new style of writing.
So yeah... anyways hopefully you liked the chapter, I will update within the next couple of days so look forward to that :D

 


I was watching the atrocity that is TVXQ's Balloons mv and I’m sorry to say but it's still lit AF!!