Chapter 6

Watch The Throne

Watch The Throne

~Chapter 6~


The following Monday came and Jaejoong was dreading it. He couldn’t even feel an ounce of happiness at the thought of the festival approaching and only four days away. Why? Because he had embarrassed himself in front of Yunho, whom Jaejoong would have to see pretty much every second of the day.

 

When Jaejoong awoke that Monday morning, he had chosen to ignore the text notification that shone brightly on his lock screen. He was sure it was Yoochun being cheeky with a ‘good morning sleeping beauty,’ or something along those lines. He then got dressed quickly, skipped breakfast and shot out the door. He was planning on taking the longer route, through the alley to clear his head. In that time he had decided to plan out possible scenarios that could occur between Yunho and himself –and how to avoid them.

 

What Jaejoong didn’t expect was a shiny red Lexus LC 500, sitting outside his front door. This is weird, he nodded to himself. Such an expensive luxury car had never rested outside his house before, why you may ask? Because his parent’s couldn’t possibly afford such a vehicle, at least not while supporting 9 children.

 

Jaejoong was about to turn around and re-enter his home in order to question his parents about the vehicle, when suddenly the car’s engine began to buzz lightly and the headlights flickered on. There was a small thud before a head popped up from the driver’s side.

 

“Hurry up, we’re ten minutes late already!” A familiar voice informed before the figure walked around the red car and swung open the passenger door, waiting for Jaejoong to get in.

 

“Yunho?” Jaejoong mumbled as he took a step forward before narrowing his eyes in confusion. “What are you doing here?” He finally managed to say once the initial shock dumbed down.

 

“I texted you earlier, didn’t you see it?” Yunho asked, tilting his head as if he were amused. “The festival is on Friday, which means we have to use all of our remaining time wisely,” Yunho explained before motioning Jaejoong to get into the car.

 

“You did?” Jaejoong said, more to himself really as he half tuned in to what Yunho was saying before reaching for his phone and checking his messages.

 

Yunho:
Council meeting is at 7 sharp.
Please be there on time!

 

“I was already running a little late so I took my car and well… since you live in-between I thought why not pick you up?” Yunho explained before motioning Jaejoong to get into his car again.

 

Jaejoong his lips before looking at the younger boy with slight worry, so much for avoiding Yunho. But alas, Jaejoong decided it would be nice to drive to school for once so without any hesitation he lifted his chin and strut towards Yunho before getting into the passenger side. Yunho’s grin was evident as he closed the door behind Jaejoong and got into the driver’s seat.

 

“You’d better be a good driver,” Jaejoong stated before lightly huffing and pulling the seatbelt over his chest

 

“I haven’t driven in a while actually,” Yunho chuckled, turning to look at Jaejoong for his reaction before shifting the gears. The older boy glared at Yunho before clutching his seat.

 

“I swear Jung Yunho, if you –”

 

“Relax Jae, I have a license, I can assure you that I can indeed drive,” Yunho cut him off, speaking the last words slowly as if talking to a child. He grinned before looking back to the road as they pulled out from in front of Jaejoong’s driveway.

 

Jaejoong bit his lip unsure with how to reply, he wanted to snap at Yunho for calling him Jae, but dammit! Hearing Yunho say his nickname had made his heart flutter just a tad bit, or maybe he was actually worried about Yunho’s driving...

Either way the two sat in silence for a while, neither daring to speak in panic of the other bringing up the events of one-day prior.  It was when Yunho was pulling into the school’s parking lot that they finally talked. Yunho had just turned the engine off when Jaejoong went to open his door but before he could, Yunho pushed the automatic lock button, preventing the older from leaving.

 

“Can we talk?” Yunho then asked when Jaejoong give him an incredulous look. The older brunette scowled at Yunho’s question, as he really didn’t have much of a choice.

 

“About what?” Jaejoong replied wearily as he leaned further away from the other in hopes of some sort of escape.

 

“I know you said to let it go,” Yunho began once he had taken off his seatbelt and turned to face Jaejoong. “But I can’t, I’ll only let it go once I’ve spoken my mind,” Yunho explained before taking a deep breath looking as though he was contemplating how to word his thoughts.

 

“Can we please talk about this some other time? After the council meeting at the least?” Jaejoong pleaded. “We’re already late,” He added –not that he really cared.

 

“Well… fine. But don’t try to rush out of there once we finish,” Yunho warned before unlocking the door and popping the driver’s side door open.

 

“Sure,” Jaejoong mumbled bitterly while exiting Yunho’s car and heading to the entrance, Yunho one-step behind. As they began to climb the stairs Jaejoong slowed down, a sudden thought crossing his mind.

 

“Hey, there was this one girl on the council, where is she now?” Jaejoong wondered out loud, before stealing a glimpse of Yunho who grimaced.

 

“Ah… You’re talking about Boa… she actually quit the council…” Yunho explained.

 

“May I ask why?” Jaejoong prodded.

 

“I… Well… She was supposed to be the Vice-President but after our schools merged, I couldn’t exactly keep my promise...”

 

“She’s angry that you wouldn’t just hand over the title?” Jaejoong scoffed.


“Well I handed you that title, no? Besides… she needed the position to get into her choice of university, her grades weren’t enough.”

 

“You did not hand me Vice-President position, I would have been Shin Ki’s president either way, being Vice-President at Toho is a fraction of the title I deserve,” Jaejoong stated in a matter-of-fact tone. They walked in silence until they approached the council room.

 

When the two walked into the council room it was empty, though Yunho didn’t seem too surprised nor did he act like he minded.

 

“We can start without them,” Yunho shrugged before taking his seat at the head of the table.

 

“Some council,” Jaejoong mumbled before crossing his arms and sitting down opposite to Yunho.

 

“Why’re you sitting so far?” Yunho raised an eyebrow, the corners of his lips curving upwards.

 

“What? You want me to sit on your lap?” Jaejoong retorted while narrowing his eyes at the younger boy across from him.

 

“If you want,” Yunho grinned before looking down at his notebook and flipping through the pages. Jaejoong’s eyes widened before a small blush crept onto his cheeks. He opened his mouth to reply but his mind blanked, if anything he felt a rush of embarrassment overcome him from the memories of Saturday night.

 

“Not funny,” Jaejoong finally managed to say as he crossed his legs and glared at Yunho. The latter didn’t look up; instead he skimmed through some of the notes before closing the book.

 

“So, how’s the concert prep going?” Yunho asked while neatly placing his hands together on top of his notebook.

 

“I’m going to run the songs we’ll be playing by the principal today. Hm… Most of the stage design is done.  –right! We’re not too familiar with your school’s sound system so who ever normally runs that, could you have them give us a quick run through?”

 

Yunho nodded before looking deep in thought for a second. “We don’t have anyone specifically, but there is Junsu,” he smiled, almost laughing when Jaejoong sighed.

 

“Anyone else?”

 

“I don’t know why you dislike Junsu so much,” Yunho clicked his tongue before tapping his fingernails against the mahogany table. “There is also Kyuhyun, he’s a second year, I’ll have him swing by during our council meeting afterschool.”

 

“Afterschool? We have another meeting afterschool?”

 

“We are running out of time,” Yunho pointed out. “I feel as though we have nothing done.”

“The concert preparation is basically complete; all we have left is costumes. Though I can’t speak for the sport’s tournament.”

 

“I’m overseeing it, it’s just a matter of setup on Thursday evening,” Yunho explained before letting out a soft sigh. “This is the first time I’m not running the entire festival so it seems lacking,” He added before looking at Jaejoong with a slight pout.

 

“I’m doing my best, I also want things to go well,” Jaejoong assured before resting his chin in his palm.

 

“I know,” Yunho smiled before humming lightly. “How’s the food stalls for the festival?”

 

“We’re just using the same recipes from last year’s festival. We’ll be buying and prepping the food on Thursday and it should be good to go for Friday. I’ve been meaning to ask. How many Shin Ki students are participating in the sport’s tournaments?”

 

 “Not as many as we’d like, but Shin Ki student’s are in the Arts sector so it’s expected. It’s unfortunate but none of the Toho students are helping with the concert or the food stalls.”

 

“That’s fine, at least the opposition to us being at Toho seems to have died down,” Jaejoong said before looking up at Yunho who nodded.

 

“So you’ll be singing and supervising the food stalls?”

 

“Yep,” Jaejoong nodded. “I’m singing the first song, Yoochun wrote it… well he wrote most of them,” Jaejoong chuckled lightly.

 

Yunho opened his mouth to reply, however he was interrupted as the door opened and the other council members shuffled in. 

 

“Sorry, we’re late. Hyuk’s car broke down and Yuri forgot her phone so we had to drive back –it’s just been a mess,” Siwon sighed as he slumped down into a chair next to Yunho.

 

“I saw Victoria and the others in the parking lot, their just coming up,” Eunhyuk added as he too took a seat.

 

 

It seemed as though everything was good to go –or so Jaejoong thought, but Yunho didn’t seem entirely satisfied, as he had insisted they meet mornings and afterschool until the festival rolled around. Yunho had also added that if they could, they should meet during lunch too.

 

Of course Jaejoong had smiled and nodded along though mentally he has cussed Yunho out.

 

“Dismissed,” Yunho stated before looking back to his notes and jotting something down. Despite having ten minutes until classes started, Jaejoong shot up from his seat in fear of Yunho remembering his request to talk. He then began to head towards the door only to quickly freeze upon hearing Yunho’s voice.

 

“Sit,” the taller boy said firmly, his gaze still fixated on his notebook. While the other council members strolled out of the tiny room, Jaejoong frowned before dropping back into his seat all the while glaring at Yunho who was clearly smirking.

 

“Thanks for staying behind,” Yunho mocked as he finally looked up. “Now, I know you don’t want to talk about it, but you talked then so it’s only fair I get to speak as well.”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Jaejoong scowled rather bitterly which only served to confirm Jaejoong knew exactly what Yunho was talking about.

 

“I don’t hate you Jaejoong, despite what you might believe… Yes we’re rivals or so it seems, but I don’t hate you.”

 

“Okay…” Jaejoong mumbled as forced himself to look anywhere besides at Yunho.

 

“I didn’t kiss you, not because I ­didn’t want to, but because you were drunk…” Yunho explained before his brow furrowed. Jaejoong bit his lip before sending a quick glance upwards, looking at Yunho whose cheeks were the slightest shade of pink.

 

“W-what?” Jaejoong stammered, quickly looking back at hands while his own cheeks flushed from embarrassment and something else, which Jaejoong wasn’t sure, what to pin the feeling down as.  

 

“Look,” Yunho began, his voice was firm but it was clear to the both of them he was faking his confidence, something Jaejoong had completely forgotten how to do in that moment. “I did want to kiss you… I still do…”

 

Jaejoong lowered his head to prevent the younger from seeing his face, which burned a bright red. His chest swelled up and his breath was caught in his throat. He wanted to scream from excitement but he couldn’t find his voice. After several long seconds later, Jaejoong took in series of deep breaths, allowing himself to recompose his body and mind.

 

“Then let’s go out,” Jaejoong finally said, looking Yunho in the eyes with a challenging glint in his own. He then placed his hands on the table and cocked his head sideways. “That was a confession, right?” Jaejoong questioned, his natural overconfidence finding its way back into his veins. 

 

“I suppose it was,” Yunho chuckled. He was thrown off by Jaejoong’s forwardness but he decided against making it obvious. In all honesty, Jaejoong who had been nothing but haughty towards Yunho from the beginning was more his style. The younger boy rather liked having things out in the open; the shy Jaejoong from the past couple of days had avoided him, making it harder for Yunho to deal with him.

 

“Great! Let’s go out,” Jaejoong repeated, a smirk lining his rosy lips.

 

“Fine, I’m down with that,” Yunho nodded, mirroring a smirk of his own. There was a slight uneasiness to the surrounding air until Yunho finally clicked his tongue, a look of worry masking his face.

“We can’t let anyone know though, the last thing we need is someone thinking I’m giving you biased treatment.”

 

“Of course,” Jaejoong nodded, both of them suddenly acting like business partners rather than a couple. When the bell rang for first period, there was a shared silence for several seconds as they collected their belongings and got up from their seats.

 

“Since I brought my car, how about we got out for lunch together?” Yunho suggested, a playful look on his face as he broke into a grin.

 

“I thought you wanted to utilize every second to organize the festival?” Jaejoong questioned, an eyebrow raised as he held his books against his chest while Yunho opened the council room door for him.

 

“Is that your way of refusing to have lunch with me?” Yunho asked, amusement clear in his voice as he exited the council room after Jaejoong whom waited for Yunho to lock the door.

 

“Not necessarily,” Jaejoong replied impishly as they began to head towards their first class side by side. Yunho smiled at the older boy before pulling Jaejoong’s books out of his hands and carrying them for him. He then broke into a wide grin as his freehand brushed over Jaejoong’s palm for a brief second before he turned his head towards Jaejoong.

 

“It’s a date then!”

 


HI~!

I had this chapter done pretty early but thanks to my sister, downloading useless junk, my computer crashed which in turn caused me to lose all my work! *Cries* For a while I was so upset I just didn't even think about rewriting...


However! I did get around to it and now it's one less thing to worry about! YAY!
NoI'mNotThatHappyStillLostSoMuchWork... T_T

I promise to update soon~
--
I hope you enjoyed the chapter, all critiques and opinions are welcome~
And as always thank you so much for the love and support! <3