The After Guilt

Things Happen (Secret Obsession)

Hyuna POV:

 

I stood, still gazing at Myungsoo's eyes as we pulled away from our kiss. Immediately, bundles of vaious emotions zoomed throughout my mind. 

Why did he kiss me? Why did I kiss back? Why do I have feelings for my best friend's boyfriend? Did he have feelings for me?

"Holy crap!" Myungsoo huffed, breathing deeply in and out, as his eyes widened in suprisement. This was so wrong. Very wrong. My conscience struck back and forth, cursting me for being a backstabber and praising me in my wrongful accomplishment.

"Oh my God." I said in awe. We both faced away from each other to debate ourselves on what had just happened. Myungsoo was the first to break the silence.

"Um, about that..." He awkwardly began, "If I knew you were going to kiss me, I wouldn't have--" 

"You kissed me." I blurted.

No way was I going to take all the blame for this.

"It's a two way street kind of thing." He slightly joked.

"This isn't funny."

"I-I know." He admitted, lowering his head in embarassment.

What now? Were we to stand here, heads bowing in shame, and judge one another? What ever happened to Haerin?

"Oh my goodness, Haerin!" I accidentally said out loud. Myungsoo's cheeks flashed a burning hot shade and his jaw dropped.

"Sh- She can't know about this!" He said, walking to me and placing his hands on my already stooped shoulders. I shoved his decietful hands off of me, in disgust. Not just because of him, but because of myself as well.

What was wrong with me? Just a few moments ago, I longed for his touch and now the thought of it revolted me?

"What do you mean?"

"What she doesn't know, won't hurt her?" He squinted his face at me as if to persuade me with his goofy ways.

"Ugh, you disgust me" 

"Exact reason you would kiss me, right?" He backfired.

"Once again, you kissed me!" I shouted back, now red in the face.

"Wow." He stood staring me down and giving an unreadable expression. I, yet again, could not make of means. Now we both stood, arms crossed and faces stern at each other, waiting to see who will break the deafening silence.

"Please," He pleaded, "Just don't let Haerin know. Ever. She can't know, imagine how she'll cope with all this and--" 

"I know." I said. He was right. I knew that if I were Haerin, the last thing I'd ever want to hear of is my boyfriend kissing my bestfriend while they should have been rescuing me. 

"So, it's over with? Let's just forget about it, alright?" He sighed.

Part of me agreed with Myungsoo and was ready to give in to his plead, but the other part knew it was wrong and wanted to tell Haerin.

"Yeah. It's fine, it's of the past now." I falsely smiled. 

"Cool," He grinned, nodding his head as if he was certain our secret would remain, "Now what?"

"We do what we should've done." He gave me a puzzled look, waiting for my obvious reply.

"We find Haerin."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Myungsoo drove us, in complete silence, back to Haerin's home. We figured she'd be at home by now and of course, according to the luck we've encountered before, we were told she never returned.

"Did she call? Text?" Myungsoo asked Haerin's father, who now looked worried and terrified compared to his chirpy self I met earlier today.

"No. We have nothing." He said as his eyes lowered to the ground.

We all sat in emptiness and silently stared at one another while anxiously checking our phones, hoping Haerin would finally contact us.

Mr. Park, Haerin's father sat, fumbling with his hands and rapidly tapping his foot.

"Are you sure she hasn't sent anything? Did she send an email, mail, letter, ummm..." Myungsoo nervously questioned. How many times was he to ask that same question?

"Look here, son. I know you want to help find my daughter just as desperately as us, but there's nothing you can do at this point -- " 

"I think what my husband is trying to say is, you guys had done your best -- and we appreciate it -- but its time to get professional help." Haerin's mother began.

"Professional?" I asked and everyone's eyes directed to my attention. My heart sped at the possible reality that Haerin was actually missing.

"I'm afraid so, dear. Haerin...this isn't like her. I know she can act mischevious at times, but never this far. Never." Mrs. Park sat in her seat across from me and for once in my life of knowing Haerin and her family, Mrs. Park cried. Not a simple and shy cry with a drop of tear or two-- no, she weeped like a child who had just heard devasting news of their parents dead. Her make-up smeared around her face and her eyes bled the black gunk from her mascara. I bowed my head, too overwhelmed by the heartbreaking sobs and tear-shedding Mrs. Park produced.

"We should've done something earlier." Mr. Park rubbed his wife's back to comfort her.

"We- we are so sorry. If I knew...I-I would have driven her home or made sure we hadn't of--" I froze as my face flashed of color. Why did I have to be such a big mouth?

"What? Hadn't done what exactly?" Mrs. Park stopped her crying and gazed at me with desperation beaming in her beady eyes. 

"We, um...we..." I frantically looked around until I locked eyes with Myungsoo. He bit his nails and shrugged at me with a nervous and anxious expression plastered on his face. 

Gee, what great help he is.

I guess I was to take the bullet alone.

"Well when we were at the club, there was a booth. And we assumed, you know, its our last year of highschool and possibly our last time together, we might as well--"

"Please, dear, get on with the story!" Mrs. Park interrupted.

I took in a deep breath of air and crossed my fingers behind my back, "We got drunk."

The room fell quiet as all eyes directed towards me. I felt sick and ashamed. My stomach churned my already mixed feelings uncomfortably in its pit and my brow began to sweat. I stared at Mrs. Park and recognized complete despair and agony from her pale face. I turned to stare at Mr. Park and he too looked ashamed and disappointed. Drew just sat there, still biting his nails, and started all over the room, never laying his eyes on me.

"I don't understand--" Mrs. Park shook.

"I understand. You foolishly engaged yourself and my only daughter in inappropriate behavior which has caused the reason to all the nonsense." Mr. Park bitterly spat, shaking his head vigorously at every syllable. His face reddened and he looked as if he were about to burst into flames.

"I'm sorry." I somehow managed to stutter from my frozen lips. I couldn't think of any other words that could make the Parks believe I was just as ashamed in myself as they were. 

Mr. Park looked back up at me with venomous eyes and stood up to pace the floor.

"I think the only thing we can do now is tell the police. Tell them everything." 

We all gave each other curious expressions before Myungsoo finally spoke up, "We should act fast before anything else happens."

"He's right, dear." Mrs. Park said, eyeing her husband with sincerity. 

"Fine. Myungsoo, Hyuna, you two drive together to the police station a few blocks from here. My wife and I will meet up with you shortly. We have to collect photos and things of that sort needed in order for the police to have a proper search." Mr. Park commanded. 

My heart felt like stone.

It was official now....

 

                                       Haerin really is missing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hello everyone! Hope you're like the story! And thanks for the new subscribers! Share this story with others please:3 

I'll update this weekend again, and sorry for the wait T_T School kills.

And thanks for all those who checked out my website and and BIG hug to those who followed it<3

Comment and subscribe, no silent readers!<3 

Really, silent readers are ninja and all, but lets be friends!

And comment<3 they make my day^_^ 

And if you see any typos, lemme know ;) 

HAVE A BLESSED WEEK, GUYS<3333

HERES SOME PICTURES FOR YA!:D

 

^This picture is for Lee Soojin. mehehehe, hope you LOVE it ;)^

^y stuff.^

^Isn't he hot? ;3 ^

^LIKE A BOSS^

^For Choi Miyeon, cause I know how much you LOOURVE snakes and taemins;) ^

Okay I'm done XD