Chapter 2

Unfair

A/n: I got subscribers already :D Thank you! and, thanks for the upvote! ^^

I'll be updating once a week so that I can improve on the chapter as some of it has already been done. Hope you guys like it.

Cheers.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Joonmyun was getting impatient. They had to hurry. He didn’t want his Stag night hours to get compromised with, after all, how many times will this night come? He rubbed his palms together. The cold was too much. Tomorrow, he thought smugly, he’ll be all warm with his mate; that thought naturally making him warmer. Gosh, how much he was missing Yixing already. He was at the bus stop waiting to pick up Jongdae and wasn’t that chap late already. An hour! He had been waiting for past one hour. Did he not have any other job? Of course, Jongdae was a busy man but.. Still! An hour was way too much.

 

He started his engine and was about to put his gear on reverse when he saw Jongdae’s name flash on his mobile’s screen.

“Hyung! Look am really sorr-”

“what, man. How much longer are you going to make me wait?”, Joonmyun huffed.

“sorry, hyung. There was a problem with the previous shoot. You know how these celebs are.. The shoot had to get extended. I got stuck. Couldn’t call you. I missed my flight too.”

“what do you suggest we do then?’’, Joonmyun sighed. He had been sighing a lot lately.

“I’ll try to take the first available domestic flight and come, ok? Don’t worry.”

“sure, sure. Just come quickly, ok? It won’t be fun without my dongsaeng”

“am really sorry, hyung.”

“it’s ok, Jongdae-ah. Come soon, i am waiting.”

 

Joonmyun disconnected the call and restarted the engine. He could practically hear the tiredness in his dongsaeng’s voice. That guy was working hard. It wasn’t like he could hold that against him. Well, time to move on to the next guest.

 

  *****

 

“PARK CHANYEOL! PARK CHANYEOL! I SAID HAUL YOUR ARSE AND COME HERE RIGHT NOW! I SAID RIGHT NOW!!!”

 

“Baek, Baek, lower your voice. Please, lower your voice”. Baekhyun could hear his best friend’s voice begging from the adjacent room. The tall, lanky alpha came out of the room, shuffling his legs, adjusting his tie.

 

Sometimes it was really difficult for Baekhyun to believe the species that was Park Chanyeol. “why on earth are you wearing a suit with a tie? Why do you need a tie or, even a suit? It’s a stag night”. He needed to keep himself calm.

“why not? It goes with my image. Doesn’t it?”, said Chanyeol smiling, trying to fix his tie. “why don’t you help me?”

“help with what? No. Your idol image has nothing to do with Suho hyung’s party.”

“oh c’m on, Baek. Just tell me. How do i look? Please?” his smile growing wider.

“you look good, ok?”

“Really? Thanks” Chanyeol’s smile growing impossibly wider. He hopped over to the older alpha and kissed him on the forehead and ran back to that room. “this is important to me. I’ll be back in a jiffy.”

 

The tips of Baekhyun’s ears tinged pink. He was still so not used to it. Even after all these years. “Are we done? Let’s goooo. We have a three hours drive ahead of us! Suho hyung has been waiting for us.”

“do we need to pick someone?”

“i don’t think so. Do we?”

 

Baekhyun heard Chanyeol moving about in the room, running more like. He could hear him his bag and then, a bang of the closet door and then, his wardrobe opening. What is he doing? “Chanyeol, what are you doing agai-” He stopped at the door standing still. The tall alpha was in the mid way of changing his clothes. Basically, he had been standing in a pair of jeans, holding three to four shirts in his hands. He turned around looking at the shorter alpha with a sheepish expression “which one should i wear?” completely oblivious to the torture he was putting him in.

“damn, Park Chanyeol, how many times have i told you not to do that?”, Baekhyun complained his face flushed.

“it’s nothing like you haven’t seen already” (did he just dare say that? He was going to beat the outta that long-legged grinning bag!) “you are a model, Baek, why do you always fuss so much with my unclothedness??”, he grumbled.

“Is that even a word? I am not fussing”, his face was growing hot, “What does me being a model have to do with this? It is indecent. Do you know what would happen if my parents saw you now? Or, your fans? And, just because i am a model, doesn’t mean i need Skin Show all the time. It puts me off”.

“Baekkie, Baekkie, are you saying my skin puts you off?”

“Huh?”

Chanyeol took rapid steps towards his best friend who was mentally going into the Red Flag mode.

“you have a problem with-” He got pushed by the short alpha before he could finish what he was saying. As he stumbled on his feet (Baekkie wasn’t exactly known for his strength, he snickered), the latter took the opportunity to escape from the room.

“just put on a damn shirt already. Or, am throwing you outta my house.”

 

Baekhyun collected his keys from the table and dragged the luggage outside. He lived in a beautiful place. Not as noisy as Seoul. He liked Seoul too. But, this, here, gave him perspective. Distance. And, with all the photo shoots and Fashion Weeks he had been busy with, a peaceful place was needed. And, it wasn’t like he was staying in a remote area like D.O, he chuckled but, frowning immediately. Chanyeol was already outside by then locking the door.

“Hey, is D.O coming?”

“who? Kyungsoo? No.”

“I don’t remember seeing him in Suho hyung’s Stag Night group. Do you think he forgot to add him?”

“no. I think, he is in Lay hyung’s Bachelor’s night group. You know, you’ll be one hell of a mean, strict alpha dad for a shortie” Chanyeol laughed while picking up the luggage and carrying it to the garage.

“yup. Make fun of my height”, his best friend replied acerbically and followed him.

“am not,” Chanyeol replied while stuffing the bags in the back of the car and turning to look at the sandy blond haired alpha, “am just-hey, have you put eyeliner? Again? In broad daylight?”

“What does daylight have anything to do with eyeliner? Nothing’s wrong in it.”

“But... who’ll see the singing sensation Park Chanyeol if you are dressed like that?” Chanyeol teased giving a once over.

“dressed like what? Shuddup.” Baekhyun snapped though he was secretly pleased. His best friend never complemented him directly.

They both slipped into the car with Chanyeol on wheels and started on their way to Seoul all the while bickering.

 

 *****

Joonmyun was running here and there. Everyone in the Kim Mansion was. So, it wasn’t out of place, of course. But, he was looking for his phone. His phone was his world. It was his only way of contacting Yixing, his mate. Everyday, without him, was already a torture. He would run off and stay with him only if Yixing wasn’t so busy. His parents had asked him to not meet him for the two days preceding his wedding. The Kims had a tradition of the Alpha and the Omega not seeing each other till the Wedding/Bonding ceremony because seeing each other meant bad luck. Of course, he didn’t believe in that but, he didn’t want to stretch his parents patience any further. He had already crossed all the limits so, there was no need to add some more to it. For Joonmyun, it was only a wedding ceremony. He giggled remembering his parents aghast expressions. Their son already mated; marked a Beta of some unmentionable class. What a scandal!

 

Now he had misplaced his phone! How was he going to contact the others? His mate?

“Hyung? What’s up?”, his lazy younger brother asked poking his head out of his room.

“are you not ready Jongin?” Joonmyun stopped to look at his brother.

“It’s Kai and no, am not. Why you .. ?” he made motions with his hands “you look so... Demented?”

“i can’t find my phone.. You are supposed to pick that kid up. Go get dressed and pick him up”

“Sehun? Whyyo? Can he not go by himself? Why do i have to?”

“his parents won’t allow him, you know that. Now, go.”

“you can go, hyung. Why me?”, he groaned, “omma, appa, you, every one is always like ‘go, you get Sehun’, ‘go, drop Sehun’, ‘go, see off  Sehun’.”

Joonmyun stared at his brother for some time having no answer to reply. “Jongin, you know i don’t want to do that.”, he said sighing.

“As if. It’s Kai and your phone is in my room”, the younger one snapped and slipped into his room, slamming the door shut.

“what? Why didn’t you tell me earlier?! Jongin! Open the door”, he banged at his door.

“am getting dressed, hyung!”, his reply muffled.

“Jongin, right now!”

“It’s Kai.. hey, i think, you got a text from Lay hyung”, he said teasingly.

“what? Yixing? Dammit, open the door”

“Did you just swear?”, Joonmyun could hear his brother laughing,“Do you want me to read it?”

 

But, Jongin heard no reply. Had his elder brother left? “hyung? Hyung?”

He opened the door, looking around suspiciously but, Joonmyun was already gone.

“Eh. No fun.” He glanced at the clock. He needed to get ready quickly.

 

He looked at the text alert on his brother’s phone one more time and went back to choosing his outfit. It hadn’t been from Lay hyung. It had been from a Kyungsoo.

 

 *****

 

Yixing was running around his flat. It was already late. Even today he couldn’t get a day off. No matter. He liked his job. He wanted to help people. Especially, the omegas. So, it was okay, he supposed. But, tonight was important. He was going to meet his friends. Almost all of them. After a long time. They all had drifted apart after university, building their careers. Now though..

 

What did he need? What did he need? He had showered. He wore the blue tee Suho had gifted him a few days back and a pair of jeans. He needed his wallet. Where was it, where was it. Aah, there. He picked it from the chair underneath the pile of his clothes, grabbed his keys, switched off the lights, locked the door and ran down the stairs.

 

All he needed to do now was flag a cab and reach their destination. Why was Suho not answering his calls?

 

 *****

 

“What’s wrong? Why are you going that way? That’s the way to the airport.”, Baekhyun asked sitting up straight and looking out of the window of the car.

“did you not receive Chen’s text? He asked me to pick him up”, his best friend replied.

“oh.” he slumped back on the seat “Take the name of the Devil. He is calling me.” He showed Chanyeol his phone’s screen. “Hey, Chen. Your flight’s landed?..  Whose? Chanyeol’s?.. Aah ye.. Network.. Where?.. Okay, okay.. Cool. See you in ten.”

“He reached?”

“yup and, I think, you need to pull over by the next lane. He’ll be waiting there.”

“What do you mean by you think?” Chanyeol looked at him in surprise, then, turning back to keep an eye on the road. Baekhyun didn’t like if he wasn’t paying attention while driving. To his best friend, sitting straight and not turning even by one degree equaled to ‘paying attention’.

“didn’t he just tell you?”

“i couldn’t really hear him. Network issues. He’s not being able to reach you on the phone either. Look, we are already late so, there’s no harm if we waste some more time looking for him”, he said sweetly.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “I know what you did there.”

“What did I do?”

“that doesn’t qualify for a sarcasm.”

“am not gonna dignify that with an answer.”

“you did.”

“did what?”

“dignify it with an answer”, removing his hands from the steering wheel just for a second to do the air quote.

“Chanyeol!”, the older alpha yelled.

“what?! You did.”

“did not. And, i have told you to not do that when driving”

“do what? Baek, don’t over react. And, you did”

“did not.”

“did. Just accept it.”

“shuddup”, the sandy blond alpha grumbled.

“okaiie”, Chanyeol replied with an aegyo voice.

“already.”

Chanyeol chuckled happily. His friend was so cute. Always annoyed at him, always shouting at him, threatening him, being sarcastic, imitating his favourite idols. It was so easy to mistake him for an omega with that sweet scent of his, with that small structure which looked like it needed protection, with those glasses slipping down on his cute button nose. He looked so.. Delectable? No, more like vulnerable, he thought shaking his head.

 

“what?”. Baekhyun looked at him thinking he might have missed hearing something.

“nothing.”, he mumbled in reply.

The former man just shrugged. “whatever.”

 

Sometimes he wondered why his friend was an alpha. Why could he not be an omega?

 

Chanyeol felt his heart drop down and down with that thought. Eyes on the road.. Eyes on the road.

 

 

 *****

 

Jongdae was so excited. He constantly blew air on his palms to keep them warm sometimes, rubbing them against each other. He had been so distracted on the sets. But, his mood had been infectious and, hence, even though, things had got delayed every one hadn’t been that pissed off , instead, wondering why their MC was suddenly so chirpy. He always was but, why so early in the morning. He knew some thought he had gotten laid. Some of them had wriggled their eyebrows, some had snickered and some had given him WtF look as if his ‘chirpiness’ had given them too much information. It wasn’t his fault. Everyone had just assumed it. He laughed heartily. Only if they knew. He hadn’t denied it nor, had he accepted it. And, the ‘rumours’ didn’t exactly hurt his image. Quite the contrary. He continued laughing heartily not knowing that two pair of eyes were watching him quite judgingly.

 

 *****

 

Chanyeol had been stopping the car at every turning looking for Chen. “why don’t you call him?”, he asked on reaching yet another turning.

“Just doing tha- hey, isn’t that Chen? See?”

“Yea..”, Chanyeol replied squinting his eyes. How could Baekhyun see better than him?

“why the ’s is he laughing all by himself?”

“that’s Chen. Probably, trying to scare off those little kids in the coffee shop.”

 

As they drove closer, they realised Chen wasn’t even paying attention to anyone. It didn’t look like he was trying to scare the kids; just laughing and laughing all by himself.

 

“dude, what’s so funny?”, Baekhyun shouted from the car.

“Huh? Baek! Chanyeol!” Chen looked up in surprise.”Finally.”

 

Baekhyun got out of the car running towards his friend and putting his hand on the taller alpha’s forehead. “do you have fever?”. He looked at him worriedly.

“yea, man, what’s so funny? Care to share with us?”Chanyeol was grinning. It’s so good to see his friends again.

“nothing, really. Oh, don’t look at me like that, puppy.” Chen ruffled the hair of their shortest friend when he saw him looking at him like-like he had grown a second head or, something.

“it’s Baekhyun to you”, Chanyeol huffed taking Chen’s bag from his best friend and started walking back to the car. Chen raised an eyebrow. Baekhyun shrugged. “just a possessive arse.” Chen’s eyebrow disappeared into his hair.

 

“are you guys coming or, not? We are late.”, the tallest alpha yelled from the car.

 

   *****

 

“so, where do you need to be dropped?”, Chanyeol asked as they arrived closer and closer to their destination.

“same as yours, of course”, Chen replied rolling his eyes.

“same as ours?”, both Chanyeol and Baekhyun asked.

“duh. Yea, man. Why would mine be any different?”

“But, Lay hyung and Suho hyung are hosting them separately. Right?”, Baekhyun asked. “aren’t they?” He narrowed his eyes in suspicion.

“how’s that possible?”

“Channie, Joonmyun hyung can barely breathe without seeing Yixing hyung. You think he’ll give up this chance?”

“what if your uncle finds out?”

“well, then, Joonie hyung can forget his marriage.”

 

Jongdae was a little worried truth be told. He wished his hyung would stick to the traditions. He can only imagine what’d happen if his uncle found out. If the press found out. He was worried for Yixing hyung who was being dragged into a scenario he knew the Beta wouldn’t want. But, he had accepted his hyung, hadn’t he? Hopefully, he knew what he was doing. After all, by getting married to the heir of the Kim fortunes, he had painted himself a target. To a lot of people, including the Kim seniors.

 

He has always been grateful that his parents hadn’t been like that. He was free to choose his career and mate. He was the only one in their family who truly had a choice and, ironically, he was the one who didn’t need the options. He had taken up a career that was bringing him money and fame. For a mate, he had always wanted an omega. He couldn’t say the same for his cousins. Irony, indeed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/n: Hey, there again :p I have tried to edit and re-edit this chapter. Will do so again if required. Also, the events happening here are not occurring at the same time  but, just at different hours of the same day.

Do leave comments coz that'd be great! I'll know how am progressing. (It's just been two chapters. Still ~(O.O~) ) :D