Chapter 11

Unfair

 

a/n: Just a heads up. I'll be marking the story M when I update it the next time.

 

When Luhan woke up for the second time that day, he felt well rested. He needed all that sleep. Yixing’s wedding turned out to be a blessing for him. He rolled on the bed for another five ten minutes before deciding that he had enough of it and sat up. The mattress, the linens, the couch in the room, everything gave such a homey feeling, Luhan just wanted to sleep and sleep. But, he was a guest, so, he should not be lazying on the bed. Plus, he was guessing he would come back to bed soon anyway since what else did he have to do? There were some fresh clothes kept on the couch. He could see a sweatpants that looked quite like the one he had been wearing the previous morning. It felt so long ago now. He walked slowly to the bathroom, still a little bit drowsy and found the new toothbrush and paste tube kept on the counter just for him. Kim Minseok could never stop being perfect. Bless his parents. As soon as he was done with brushing, he stepped into the shower area. He shucked off his clothes and took his sweet time showering.

 

He spent a considerable amount of time in the shower. He turned off the knob and stepped out, taking a plush towel off the rack and went back into the bedroom. His things which he had left in the Kims mansion were now placed neatly on one corner of the bed. The door was slightly ajar. Luhan immediately wrapped the white towel around his waist and went to stand outside the room. He frowned. Minseok had come to the room when he had been in the shower? He held the towel in reflex. He looked around once and then, went back inside to get dressed. All the clothes belonged to the chestnut brown haired alpha. There was a very faint scent that must have been his. Which was mixed with the detergent’s scent and Luhan scrunched his nose. He wanted to inhale more of that scent. What he found strange though, it had already been more than twenty four hours and he still had not gotten used to Minseok’s scent. It seemed so different every time he sniffed it. When he was done wearing one of those dumplings-printed sweatpants and a red tee, he went out looking for the owner of the house. Of course, he didn’t find him. So, he went back to his room annoyed to find a note stuck on the door. 

 

“There’s food in the refrigerator.”

 

Luhan tidied up the bed. It took only ten minutes. He picked his phone from the floor (he had kicked it off in his sleep perhaps) and went through the notifications. What surprised him though was a mail from SM. Just like Minseok and Kai had said. Kim Min Joon and Lee Sooman wanted to meet him. They have a proposal for him which they would like for him to consider. There was also a personal mail from Kim Min joon extending him invitation to the private dinner party the next day at the Kim Mansion. If he’d accept, then to RSVP him as soon as possible. Luhan was a little bit excited. If things worked out, he would be functioning in Korea too and not just travelling for promotions which he barely did. He was satisfied with being famous in China, Japan, Thailand and Philippine. Wonder why he consciously skipped Korea every time. SM was a really big company. He was fairly unknown in Korea and SM could help change that. His manager had also left him several texts, two from Yixing and one from Kris. His manager deserved the long due call.

 

 

 

It was way past dinner time when Luhan saw Minseok again. His hair was sticking up at all wrong angles. He looked pale. He was leaning on the door frame, his eyes piercing since the past few minutes. Luhan shifted uncomfortably on the sofa he was sitting while watching a Gaon Awards encore.

“Minseok”, he prompted. But, the latter didn’t even blink.

“Minseok, is everything okay?” Luhan got up slowly and took a step towards the other alpha.

Minseok took a step back, his face pinched. Like, he may be he was holding his breath in.

“Xiumin, what-” But, he turned around and walked away and Luhan stood there looking confused. Did something happen? He trailed after the shorter alpha anxious about the possibilities. He found Xiumin in the kitchen, slamming the drawers, the plastic tiffin boxes on the counter and dragging the chair noisily. He didn’t utter a single word. He served Luhan some delicious looking but, cold food and sat in his chair and ate his food like he wanted to slaughter someone. Luhan’s eyes were wide, and he was worried that he may have missed a very important announcement- that his friend was pregnant and having mood swings or, he was bipolar. That maked him chuckle. Minseok just glared and kept stuffing the food into his mouth. Luhan openly stared at him in amusement, while sitting down on the opposite chair, his right hand on the table supporting his chin. The Korean alpha just gobbled, gobbled, gobbled.

 

He was suddenly looking green and Luhan frowned. “Hey, slow down buddy. You’ll get indigestion.” Minseok dropped his spoon and exhaled soundly.

“Luh- Luhan” Minseok stammered his name but, wasn’t looking him in the eyes. The Chinese singer got up to fetch a glass of water wondering what the ridiculousness was all about. When he came back with the tumbler, Minseok wasn’t there.

“Xiumin? Minseok” He called for the hamster-like adult. Hehe. He heard a muffled response from somewhere. Minseok was in the bathroom, retching his stomach’s content into the sink.

“Hey, hey.” He held Minseok swiftly and stopped him from sinking onto the floor. His legs were shaking. He wiped the sheen of sweat on his forehead and stared at the reflection of the smaller figure in the mirror. He looked so small and tired. Luhan’s grip on the alpha’s waist tightened. There was a sudden need for him to protect the man in his arms. He wanted to dispel whatever problem that haunted the latter. “Why were you eating like that? Are you a kid?” Minseok didn’t reply. He was just vomiting more and more. Minseok was so warm that he may be having a fever. Luhan never really had had anybody to look after. He didn’t know how to do that.

 

He suddenly remembered Minseok rubbing his back on the street, so, that’s what he tried to do. He hoped that it would comfort the elder man. When Minseok felt he had nothing left to throw up, Luhan helped him back to the dining space. Minseok drank the water slowly. Luhan helped him walk back to his room. Of course, Minseok argued with him on it and of course, Luhan didn’t listen. Minseok tried to push off the red-haired alpha who only grabbed his arms and threatened to pick him up and carry him back to his room and ruin his pride. Minseok didn’t complain after that, mumbling something under his breath and grudgingly accepted the help. Luhan was secretly pleased. He was getting a tour of the house. It was a long house. There was no other floor. He asked why. Minseok explained they were two houses before. When he became the director, he bought them and moved out of his older home. He didn’t need floors. Both the houses had been reconstructed and renovated in such a way that one house led to the other through really long hallways. Luhan admired the weird design. There were several doors between this section and that. If Minseok locked any one of them, it’d give off the illusion of gigantic personal chambers especially since the only means of entrance to this part of the house was the other part- where Luhan was. This way he could cut himself off and work privately in his space without being disturbed when his cousins and their kids came over. Minseok instructed him not to bolt any of the doors on the way back and Luhan snorted. Do you think I am dumb? Minseok mumbled something again and shrugged. He didn’t let Luhan enter his room. He pushed the man away and slammed the door on his face. Luhan sighed loudly. Xiumin made him feel so tired all the time without even trying. He scrubbed his face with one hand. His stomach grumbled loudly in the silence and his ears went pink. At least, Minseok wasn’t around this time to hear it.

 

 

 *****

 

Luhan managed to wake up sometime before what he imagined would be lunch time. He quickly showered, got ready and went looking for Xiumin. The corridors were filled with a different scent. More like Beta-ish and his steps slowed down. But, he didn’t find anyone else. Minseok’s scent was barely there. He hadn’t come to this part of the house, he concluded. He must be still sleeping. Luhan’s brows furrowed in worry but, it was not like there was anything he could do about it. He went to the kitchen, searching for something to eat. He was impressed with the massive food stock. He found some of the leftover from last night sitting on the counter. He was glad it’s not gone stale, heated it and sat down to eat it. He washed the dishes after he was done eating and went to check on Xiumin. He halted on the way reconsidering if it was a good idea. Thankfully, Minseok chose to show up right then. But, he looked so sick, with red puffy eyes, lips swollen, a yellowish tone to his skin that Luhan was taken aback.

“Minseok, what- You need to see the doctor!”

“Am fine, Luhan.” The shorter male was taking his steps carefully, he noticed.

“You are not well.”

“I said am. Fine” Minseok gritted his teeth and looked at Luhan with irritation. The latter mumbled “If you say so”, picked up the newspapers stacked on the dining table and went to the tv room. He made himself comfortable on one of the bean bags and unfolded a newspaper with force. It was an older edition.

 

 “Did Rivals Turn Friends:

KEnt Director plays the knight to the heir of the Ohs- family friend to the Kims”

 

Luhan just rolled his eyes at the silliness of it but, read it with considerable interest. There wasn’t thankfully much on Sehun. The whole attention had been shifted to Kim-Kim thing. He was half way through reading the first page when he received a text from his manager reminding him that he should pay Kim Minjoon a visit. He quickly texted him back “Yea. Evening.” and slid onto the floor. A small white bottle rolled out of his pocket. Luhan stared at it hard for quite sometime. He wondered what Minseok was doing with so many pills bottle. Luhan had been returning to his room after taking Minseok to his room when he saw the bathroom’s light still switched on. He was just going to flick the switch off and go back however, an empty bottle in the trash can caught his attention. He had seen a similar one in Minseok’s car’s compartment. And for some reason, he picked it out. TX11: LM0088 was all it read. For a second he panicked that may be Minseok was into drugs. May be that would explain the mood swings (sometimes being nice and friendly, sometimes downright ignoring him - all that just in a course of 60 or, so hours) or, the way he wasn’t looking very healthy. But, the Minseok he knew would never get into such a thing. He was a very responsible human being. He laughed at his own stupid assumptions and decided he’d look into the matter later.

 

He kept twirling the bottle in his hand, looking at it thoughtfully. He heard Xiumin’s footsteps first. He hurriedly put the bottle back into his pocket.

“Am pretty sure there’s lots of place to sit, other than on the floor.” The sick man looked amused.

“May be. Am comfortable here. Am a very down to earth person.” He winked. Xiumin just snorted and sat on the other bean bag. He was holding a cup of steaming coffee. Luhan just a raised an eyebrow but, said nothing. It wasn’t like he liked coffee or, anything.

“What? You drink coffee now?”

“Only just to keep someone a company.” Luhan lazily stretched his arms and legs on the floor and rolled onto his stomach.

“Do you want some?” Minseok’s voice sounded so deep and husky. Luhan propped himself on his elbows.

“Eh? You want to share?”

“You don’t want it?”

“I wasn’t complaining.” Minseok handed him the white cup with a black kitty printed on it.

“Seriously?”

“My nephew gave it to me for birthday. He even named it Zhu.” Luhan chuckled and Minseok just smiled in turn.

 

They sat like that for sometime. Once Minseok finished his coffee, he switched on the tv and flickered through the news channels. He barely stopped and listened to any news segment fully. Luhan watched him curiously for sometime.

“So, it was you who came to pick us from the pub?”

Minseok didn’t even blink an eyelid, surfing through the channels. “Yes. Kyungsoo and I. Both of us.”

“Did you guys sign up as the rescue team? Coming only at the last moment.” Luhan just rolled back onto his back and propped his legs on the sofa. He observed upside down that Minseok’s grip on the remote tightened and that he still looked handsome, even from the funny angle.

“Soo lured me into going to his place for some work stuff. Though, I guess, I already kind of knew the motive.”

“You didn’t want to attend the stag night?”, Luhan asked cautiously.

“Yes. I was tired from work and drinking isn’t my thing.”

“But you still went?”

“It would have been rude to not go? Had there been a problem.. Anyway.”

“There was no problem. His dad couldn’t tell he was with Yixing. Or, can’t prove, I guess.”

 

Minseok finally settled onto a sports channel. It was the presentation of some tennis match. Next was a Liverpool match’s telecast.

“How did I end up borrowing your clothes?”

“Aah. You vomited.” He turned the volume to mute. “The rest had left. Jongdae and Baek ditched us, actually. We went to my cousin’s place. Kibumi hyung took pity on you and brought some of my clothes that I had left at his place.”

“Kibumi? Kim Kibum? You mean the designer? He’s your cousin?” Luhan looked at him with wide eyes. Minseok stretched his legs too.

“Technically, he’s my cousin’s mate. So, he is my brother-in-law.”

“So, he gifted me that suit I wore on the wedding?” Luhan suddenly sat up looking at Minseok in surprise.

“What? No.” Minseok finally turned his face away from the screen and immediately, jerked his head back. Luhan tried to shuffle himself away a bit. He must be too close for Minseok’s comfort. “You were whining that you had brought nothing with you and what would you wear and all that.”

“I wasn’t whining!” Luhan huffed.

“You were. You can ask hyung. You tried on a lot of suits at his store before he came. Then, I dropped you back.”

Luhan just looked at him blinking finding it all a little hard to believe. Minseok turned the volume back on and the conversation simply died. Luhan didn’t have anything further to say and Minseok looked like he had reverted back to his Am-Ignoring-You phase. Luhan had no problem with that. No. The thing that kept nagging at his mind was how Minseok was sitting right next to him and he couldn’t just smell the alpha’s scent. At all.

 

 

 *****

 

 

That evening he wore the suit he had worn for Yixing’s wedding and went back to the Kim Mansion. It had come back from the laundry (thank god, Xiumin!). He knew the purpose of the dinner and so, had everyone else. They did not beat about the bush a lot thankfully. He had been whisked away to Mr. Kim’s study within a few minutes of his arrival. They talked vaguely. Kim Minjoon mentioned Luhan’s career graph and how that would help SM and how SM, in turn could help Luhan. Luhan replied that he really liked his offer but, he wasn’t sure if he could immediately give a commitment. After all he had problem with flight and such. Wasn’t that why he didn’t take jobs that took him out of his own country? But, he was willing to give it a thought and if it were okay to Kim Minjoon-ssi, he’d get back with him in a few days. The shrewd business man saw it as a positive signal and Luhan was soon ushered out to the dining hall. Suho and Kai had finally joined them. Luhan had been glad. He was going to die out of boredom. Work was work but, not during his holidays. Yixing didn’t turn up. Even though he had been at their place till around midnight. He had been called for an emergency operation. The chief surgeon was adamant that Lay join him for it. So, the poor just-married beta had run out sometime in the evening. But, Luhan couldn’t wait anymore. His flight was the next day right early in the morning so, he needed to catch up on sleep. Being in air-borne contraptions taxed his mental strength. He promised Kai to text him regularly (or, at least to join their KakaoTalk group) and not so subtly threatened to tear Suho’s limbs apart if his best friend Yixing got hurt. Kai gave a thumbs up to that while Suho sulked, muttering “why would I even do that?”. Kai offered to drive him back to Minseok’s place but, he turned it down. He flagged a cab and headed to towards his destination. His last night in Seoul. He didn’t know when he’d be visiting next.

 

 *****

 

 

Kai {to Oh Sehun}: Are you ok?

 

   {to Unknown Number}: Thanks for that night.

 

 

*****

 

Minseok lived in the outskirts-ish area of Seoul. Luhan wasn’t familiar with that part. When he reached his place, he payed the cabbie and instead of going straight into the house, he took a detour. Probably, not the brightest idea but, it had been some time since he stopped to see and appreciate something around him. He checked out the neighbourhood. Not too many houses nearby. He wondered what would happen if Xiumin had security problems. His house stood a good chance of being robbed. So, when he finally entered the house and found the main door unlocked, he was surprised. Was Minseok being careless or, thoughtful since Luhan had been out? He toed off his shoes near the door and slipped his feet into the warm and fluffy slippers kept next to the shoe racks. He slid open the dark glass next to the door to see trainers of different colours arranged by colour and brand. They all looked so neat for worn out shoes. He chuckled. Totally expected. It was only when he entered the TV room and was removing his coat, he caught that scent. It was a scent he hadn’t come across before. The hair on his neck stood up and he stiffened, alarmed. Was there an intruder in the house? He would have to warn Minseok. He walked quickly but, soundlessly from that room to the hallway. The further he walked into the house, the stronger the scent grew. The Intruder was definitely still in the house. He called Minseok and continued walking rapidly. He could hear the phone ringing. He stopped. He sniffed the scent properly this time and ohgodthat- His pupils dilated as realisation hit him and he was frozen to his spot. He didn’t want to move. He shouldn’t. But, he did. The scent wasn’t just stronger any longer. It was alluring. His throat gurgled and he slapped a hand on his mouth. It was pathetic of him. There was another alpha in the house - in rut - with Xiumin and instead of running back out, he was going right in. Because that scent was fuddling his mind, he was drawing in deeper and deeper that scent. His brain wasn’t working. He needed to find the source. Just.

 

Of course, of all the things he was expecting, that could have been, none of them were of Minseok lying unconscious on the floor. A cracked plastic bottle was rolling on the floor next to him. Luhan froze for a second and, in the next, in a flash he was kneeling down next to Xiumin’s unconscious form.

“Xiumin! Xiumin!”

He looked for the older man’s pulses. They seemed to be sluggish. Luhan wasn’t a doctor. He didn’t know about pulses and all that. He grabbed Minseok’s shoulders and shook them hard. He was not being able to think anything coherently. Fear for Xiumin and that damn scent was messing it up. He called Yixing but, the Chinese doctor didn’t pick up. It just went unanswered and Luhan was beginning to panic. “Minseok, open your eyes dammit!” But, Minseok just lied there, moving like a rag doll in his hands. He looked and felt so lifeless and submissive and able, Luhan was disgusted with himself. He didn’t know anyone from the alpha’s family. Didn’t have their contacts. He didn’t know who were his friends. What should he do?

“I’ll call emergency. That’s it. Of course. How dumb.”, he muttered under breath. He frantically patted his hands at his pocket only to remember he left his coat in the TV room. He was getting up to dash and not waste anymore seconds when a hand shot up and grabbed him by the wrist. He jumped startled. Minseok was breathing loudly and barely moving.

“Xiumin- you okay? What happened? I was so scared that you might have-”

Luhan’s gushing was cut short because Minseok tugged his hand and he thought, Minseok probably wanted to say something and needed him to shut up. He was a little bit relieved. Especially since the shorter male is getting up or, struggling to which meant he was better than the previously assumed status of ‘dying’. Luhan looked at him patiently waiting for what the other man had to say. But, Minseok didn’t say anything. With Luhan’s help he managed to stand up and then, pushed the Chinese alpha away from him. Luhan stumbled and looked at him hurt and confused. Minseok slowly turned around and started to hobble.

“Minseok, wait. Tell me what happened.”

But, the Korean man was still hobbling and Luhan was following him demanding answers the other man wasn’t inclined to give. Luhan was feeling pissed.

“That’s enough, Xiumin. Enough! Don’t you dare ignore me! This is ing rude and you know it!!”

 

 Minseok stilled at his words. Luhan braced himself. If this was going to be a fight then, so be it. He was going to welcome it with open arms because Minseok needed something to cut down his prissy feathers. Luhan felt charged. Predictably, Minseok swirled around, grabbed him by the collar and slammed him onto the wall. Luhan hadn’t just calculated the force and he felt his breath leave him with an ‘oof’ as his back hits the wall. He was itching for a fight and now he was going to give Minseok one as good as he got when his eyes focused onto Minseok’s and his breath left him for whole another reason. Bright, burning red orbs were looking at him. Red. Luhan could have never guessed he was going to see them again. Ever. They were as smoldering as they were the last time. Those eyes focus shift from his own pair of eyes to-to his lips. Luhan gulped. This was not what he had in mind. This was not. This wasn’t. Minseok leaned closer and a whine escaped out of Luhan before he could register it. Minseok’s eyes did not stray from watching his mouth but, his lips curled in acknowledgment. Luhan’s face went red. Minseok leaned into him even further and pressed their foreheads together. Minseok’s skin was burning. His back flattened against the wall, his hands hanged awkwardly but, tensed mid air. Pink tongue darted out of the shorter man’s mouth and ever so slightly the taller man’s cold, supple lips. Luhan’s eyes widened impossibly. Then, suddenly, Minseok slammed his lips against Luhan’s and yanked at the red hair and pressed their bodies completely waist-down. Luhan’s hands in reflex grabbed at Minseok’s shoulders. Finally, finally Minseok pulled back and was panting as hard as Luhan who legs were shaking. Minseok wiped the saliva off his mouth with the back of his one hand and pulled Luhan by his hair. “Lock the door when you leave in the morning”, his voice was smooth and velvet against the shell of his ear. He dropped his hands and walked so so slowly towards his chambers. When Luhan heard one of the door shut, Minseok locked and gone behind those doors, he slumped on the floor with a force unsure of what just happened, his face unbearably hot.

 

 

~~~~~ a/n: With this, my all the chapters I had previously written and stored is finished :D ~~~~~

 

Until next time..

Comment?