Joshua Drabble

Seventeen Drabbles
Another cramp ripped through your stomach as you curled up on the couch. You had already caught a flu that had been going around at work and now your period had decided to join in on the fun.
By now, the painkillers should have taken effect, but still you were writhing in agony as you watched another movie on Netflix.
 
You heard keys rattle in your front door; you tried to lift yourself from the couch but another cramp sent you back down, crying in pain.
 
Joshua ran to the living room as you cried out, “What’s going on?! Are you alright?!” He crouched down in front of you and brushed locks of your hair away from your face.
 
“Cramps. Pain. Ill. Help me.” You gripped your stomach tightly and buried your face in a cushion.
 
Joshua stood up quickly and shot to the kitchen. You could heard the kettle boiling and the smell of burning quickly spread through your apartment. You wanted to go and check on your boyfriend, but the pain held you in place.
 
Soon enough, your boyfriend returned to you; carrying a hot water bottle and a blanket under his arms, two cups of tea in one hand and a plate of slightly burned scrambled eggs in the other. He placed the cups and plate down on the coffee table before handing you the hot water bottle. You curled into his side and nuzzled yourself into his chest as he wrapped you both up in the warm blanket.
 
“So it’s that time, huh?” He asked quietly.
 
Nodding, you looked at the scrambled egg with a confused expression.
 
“Food sometimes helps with stomach pains.”
 
“I don’t think burnt food does.” 
 
“You know I can’t cook!” He laughed. “Have you taken anything to help?”
 
“I had painkillers a little while ago, it’s too soon to take more.” You reached out for the plate and began eating, catching the smug expression on your boyfriends face.
 
Yes, the food was burnt. Yes, you were in pain. But you were with him; curled up on the couch together, watching movies and eating the food that he cooked for you. You could ignore the cramps and the ashy taste, because he was there. Your knight in shining armour, come to save you, just like he always did. That’s all that really mattered.
 
I hope this is okay? I think I got a bit too mushy towards the end idk... Based on: "You get ill bc of your period but Joshua tries to cheer you up with cuddles and bad cooking."