Jeonghan Drabble

Seventeen Drabbles
On Sunday morning you awoke to see a text from your best friend, Jeonghan. He asked if you wanted to visit a newly opened coffee shop in the centre of the city, without hesitation you jumped up from your bed and started preparing for the day.
It wasn’t often you got to do this with him, you both worked ridiculous hours for your jobs, but they were the careers you both wanted. Being best friends, you always supported each other through everything, even late night work sessions.
 
‘I’m on my way, see you soon~’ You read his text before grabbing your coat. 
 
You agreed to meet him there, but didn’t think to check the weather. Five minutes after leaving your apartment, the rain began to pour. You mentally cursed yourself for not bringing an umbrella, but also hoped Jeonghan would make the same mistake as you. At least then, you wouldn’t be the only one soaked by the weather.
 
As you approached the cafe, you could see the tall boy waiting outside the shop. He stood up against the wall, completely dry, umbrella in hand.
 
“Typical.” You thought to yourself. 
 
He stared at you in shock and ushered you inside the warm coffee shop. “You didn’t even think to wear a hood, are you kidding me?” He laughed.
 
Groaning, you rolled your eyes at his remark and sat at a nearby table. The scent of freshly ground coffee beans and baked goods filled the shop. It wasn’t as busy as you had expected, especially for a newly opened shop, but the atmosphere relaxed you as you sank into your seat.
Jeonghan asked what you wanted to drink and insisted he paid for your coffee. Within minutes he headed back towards your table, carrying a tray of coffee and muffins.
 
Taking a large bite out of your muffin, you sighed in content, “This makes up for the rain.” 
 
You caught Jeonghan staring at you while you ate; he averted his nervous gaze and almost choked on his coffee.
 
“Are you alright?” You asked.
 
After his coughing died down, he replied, “Yeah, I was just thinking…” He didn’t look you in the eyes and hesitated to continue, “I was wondering… You remember when we were… No wait…”
You stared at him as he struggled to get his words out.
 
“You know that time when…” He stopped again. 
 
His broken sentences began to irritate you but you allowed him to continue. After a few more minutes of stuttering, you interrupted, “What are you trying to get out? This is honestly getting painful to watch!”
 
Leaning forward on the table, he rested his head in his hands and sighed deeply. “I really don’t think I’m doing this right…” He whispered to himself.
 
You waited patiently for you best friend, “Whatever you want to say, Jeonghan, just say it! It’s only me!”
 
“Exactly, it’s you! It’s alway been you!” He slumped down in his seat as he stared at his empty coffee cup. “You remember a couple of weeks ago when I was asked out by like three girls?”
 
“At the party?”
 
“Yep, well I said no to all of them.”
 
“Why? I thought you liked one of them at least.”
 
Feeling hopeless, he began to push the crumbs of his half eaten muffin around on the plate. “There is someone I like, but it wasn’t any of them. And I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend, but she’s so oblivious that I like her.”
 
“Well, don’t play coy, just ask her on a date! I doubt she’d say no.”
 
“Then will you go on a date with me?”
 
You stared at Jeonghan, while he didn’t even bother to look up. “Me?!” Your mouth went dry and your cheeks flushed a deep shade of pink. “Y-you like… M-me?”
 
Still avoiding your eyes, all the long haired boy could do was nod. It took you a while to answer, but to his surprise and with a bright smile you agreed.
 
Who wouldn’t?
 
Really not sure if this is how a confession would go, but I hope it’s okay & that you like it~ Based On: You and Jeonghan go to the coffee shop in the morning when he awkwardly confesses to you.