Betrayal.

Our Heart has long known, what our Mind's still denying.

When I woke up the next morning, Taec wasn't there anymore. I could clearly feel the gap he left in my heart with his absence.

I sighed and stood up. That was when I noticed that I got a text message.


 

FROM: Taecyeon

Did my Sleeping Beauty finally wake up?

Good Morning ~

Have a nice day, I'll think of you during the shoot.

Saranghae


 

I smiled. He was just too cute. I also remembered that he once told me in of the text messages that he was currently filming a new drama. He was one of the lead actors. But I forgot what this drama was about.

Suddenly the door bell rang. I startled. Who could it be? Hyo Ri wouldn't rang the bell, she had a key to this apartment. I slowly went to the door and looked through the door viewer.

What the heck?

I quickly opened the door.

Gosh, why did you take so long? I'm in a hurry, you know? And oh my gosh, why are you still in your Pajamas?? Now get dressed! We don't have much time left.”, Kyung Mi said.

Wha-what? What are you doing here? How did you know my address? And where are we going to? What the heck is going on?”

Kyung Mi pushed me into my apartment. “Too many question, not enough time. I'll answer later on. Now get dressed or do you want to leave this apartment in your Pajamas?”

Uhm no, but -”

No but! Now hurry!”, she interrupted.

Confused, I went into my room and changed my clothes. After getting ready, I returned to the hall. Kyung was standing there, giving me an impatient look while tapping her foot on the floor. “Are you finally done?”

Uhm, yeah.”

Then let's go.”, she said and grabbed my hand. She pulled me the whole way from my apartment to the yard. We stopped in front of a car. Kyung Mi let go of my hand and stepped into the car. Then she opened the passenger door and looked at me expectantly. “Do you want to get in or are you waiting for something?”

Oh, sorry.”, I said and got in. “Where are we going?”, I asked.

You'll see.”

But didn't you say that you would answer my questions?”

I just did it, didn't I?”

I let out a frustrated sigh. Wow, this girl was really hard to handle.

During the whole drive, we didn't say anything. After half an hour, we stopped in front of a big building. Kyung Mi stopped the car and turned to me.

Okay, let me wrap it up: We will now go into this building and if somebody asks you, you are my assistant, okay? Here's your pass and your staff sign.”, she said and handed me the things.

But what am I doing here?”

I was wondering, too, but to get an answer for this question, you'll have to ask Babo Ha Ni.”

Ha Ni?”

She sighed. “Yeah, I have no idea what she's planning. This morning, she suddenly called me and told me to get you some papers to enter this building. She's already there, by the way.”

I don't understand...”

Me neither. That's why we have to get out of this car, get our bums into this building and get some answers from Babo Ha Ni. Do you understand it?”

I nodded.

Okay, let's go.”


 

We got through the guard without any problems. While following Kyung Mi, I slowly looked around. This building was like a big warehouse. But instead of goods, there were cameras, sets and many people.

Wait, was this a place for movie shootings?

THU HAAAAA!!”

I startled. When I turned around, I saw Ha Ni running towards me. She hugged me.

I'm so happy to see you again! How are you?”, she asked.

I'm really happy to see you, too. And I'm fine. But why am I here?”

Ha Ni smiled. “That, my little Thu Ha, is a surprise. Now follow me, I'll show you everything.”

Totally confused, I followed her. We passed through several sections of the warehouse. And every section had its own filmset. I've never been to such a place before. It was so fascinating.

Ha Ni-ah!”, someone called. We turned around and saw a girl coming towards us.

Oh, Gayoon Eonni!”, Ha Ni said.

Where were you? I've been looking for you the whole time.”

I was looking for someone. By the way, I want to introduce you to my friends. Eonni, that's Park Kyung Mi, my former co-worker at JYPE and that's Thu Ha, her assistant. Girls, that's 4minute's Heo Gayoon.”

She smiled at us and bowed. “Nice to met you.”

I bowed, too. “Nice to meet you, too.”

Eonni, are you ready for filming?”, Ha Ni asked her.

Well, I'm still a bit nervous. I know that I'm not as good as Lee Hyo Mi Sunbaenim.”

Ha Ni smiled. “Just be yourself, that's enough.”

Gayoon returned her smile. “Thank you, Ha Ni. Okay, I should get ready now, the filming's about to start. See you later!”, she said and rushed off.

Ha Ni, who's Lee Hyo Mi?”, I asked.

She's the female lead actor for this drama.”, Ha Ni said.

And she's a hag.”, Kyung Mi added.

Ha Ni shot Kyung Mi a disapproving look.

Kyung Mi just shrugged. 'What? Just stating the truth.”

Ha Ni sighed. “Well, she's kinda....complicated.”

In other words: a hag.”, Kyung Mi said.

Ha Ni just ignored her. “She's been in this business for a while, that's why her attitude is....difficult to handle.”

To wrap it up: a hag who thinks she's better than everyone else.”

Ha Ni just rolled her eyes.

I chuckled. “Okay, then I'll try not to get in her way. By the way, what drama are they shooting?”

It's called 'A Love to change my Heart'. It's about a cold-hearted rich woman, who treats everyone like trash. Then she employs a personal butler and this man is the one who changes her heart.”, Ha Ni told me.

Yeah, just a hag could play the role of a hag.”

Kyung Mi.”

Stop pestering me with your 'oh-I'm-so-nice'-attitude. I know you think so, too.”

Maybe but that doesn't mean that I have to say it out loud.”

I'm not afraid to state my opinion.”

Yeah, I've noticed.”

Uhm, guys?”, I asked.

Yes?”, Ha Ni said.

If Hyo Mi plays the role of the rich woman, then who plays the role of the butler?”

She smiled. “Turn around and you'll see who it is.”

Confusedly, I turned around. Between several staff members, I could see a tall man. He was talking to them while holding several pieces of paper, probably the script, in his hands.

Taec.”, I whispered.

As if he had heard me, he suddenly looked up and our eyes met. His eyes widened in shock. Then he said something to the staff members. They nodded and went away. Then he looked at me again and came our way.

Uuh, Mr. Handsome at 12 o'clock.”, Kyung Mi said.

He was only several steps away from us. Suddenly someone appeared in front me, blocking the view at him.

Taecyeon-ssi!”, the person said and rushed to him.

The heck?

The woman linked arms with him. She was tall and really beautiful, just like a model. He glanced at me but the woman kept talking to him. He gave her an awkward smile and then she suddenly started pulling him away. He said something to her, looking confused. She gave him another perfect smile and pulled even more. He gave me another glance and then went away with her.

Okay, what just happened?

Yeah, that's the hag.”

I turned around and looked at Kyung Mi. “The hag? Do you mean this pretty woman is Hyo Mi?”, I asked.

Yes, that's Lee Hyo Mi, the lead actress for this drama.”, Ha Ni answered.

Wow, so that's the set for Taec's drama?”

Yes, it is. Surprise!”, Ha Ni said and smiled.

I laughed. “Thank you for the surprise.” I paused. “And which role does Gayoon play?”

She plays the role of the rich woman's maid, who's the butler's sister.”

Awesome.”, I said.

Ha Ni smiled. "Indeed."

Kyung Mi?”

We all turned around. A woman with a staff sign stood in front of us. She said something in Korean to Kyung Mi. She answered her and then the woman went away.

Kyung Mi turned to me. “So, we have to go to the dressing room now. Taecyeon Oppa has to be dressed for the shoot. Come on, we have to hurry.”

See you later, Thu Ha! Kyung Mi-ah, don't be too hard on her, okay?”, Ha Ni asked.

I can't promise anything.”, Kyung Mi said and pulled me away. After passing many doors, we stopped in front of a white door.

Hey, Thu Ha, could you please go in and lend Taecyeon Oppa a hand? I have to pick up something from my car.”

What? But I don't know what I have to do!”

She arched an eye brow at me. “Well, you're the stylist's assistant. So help him change his clothes. That doesn't sound so difficult, does it?” Without saying anything else, she rushed away.

I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. The room itself was rather small. There was a big mirror and several racks with clothes. There was also another small door. Written on it were the words 'changing room'.

Were was Taec? In the changing room maybe?

I was looking through the clothes when I heard the door opening.

Can you help me with the bow tie, Kyung Mi?”, he asked.

I chuckled and turned around. He was standing in front of the mirror, his back to me. I approached him.

Let me help you.”, I said.

He turned around. When he saw me, his eyes widened again. I smiled at him and adjusted his bow tie.

Thu Ha?”

Yes, the one and only.”

What are you doing here?”

I stopped adjusting his bow tie and arched an eye brow at him. “What, shall I go now?”

He smirked. “But who's going to help me getting dressed if you leave now?”

I smacked him lightly. “Hey, so that's your only worry?”

He chuckled and grabbed my hand which just smacked him. “So tell me, my Sleeping Beauty, why do I get the honour to have you as my stylist today?”

Well, they needed a high class stylist for you, so here I am.”

Really? And why aren't you working right now?

Because Mr. Ok Taecyeon is distracting me?”

You call this a distraction?”

Yeah, or how would you call it?

Well, I know that that's not a distraction.” He came nearer and lifted my chin with his finger. “But THAT is a distraction.” He bent down and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, enjoying his soft lips on mine.

I've missed you.”, he whispered when we broke apart. My arms were still wrapped around his neck. His hand was on my back, gently it.

I've missed you, too.”, I whispered and gave him a quick kiss.

How did you get here?”

I smiled. “Ha Ni and Kyung Mi helped me.”

Ah, this cheeky duo, always up for trouble.”, he said and chuckled. Then he suddenly turned serious and sighed. “I just wish that all this drama didn't happen. Wooyoung and Ha Ni-ssi were such a cute couple.”

I paused. “Wait, why are you using the past sense?”

It's not my place to talk about this. Just ask Ha Ni, maybe she'll tell you.”

Did Ha Ni and Wooyoung break up? But why? Several days ago, she told me to fight for my love. Why did she give up?

Taec my cheek gently. “Stop frowning. I'll promise you that I won't let this happen to us.”

I put my hand on his. “Don't make promises if you can't keep them, Taec. This way, it'll hurt me even more.”

He bent down and gave me another kiss. “But this one I won't break.”

I wish I could believe you.

That was what I thought but I didn't say it out loud.

The door suddenly sprung open. We both startled and took several steps away from each other.

Taecyeon-ssi!”

Oh no.

Hyo Mi passed me and rushed to Taec. Once again, she linked arms with him.

Taecyeon-ssi, are you ready for the shoot? Everyone's waiting for you.”, she said.

Gosh, why did she has to be so beautiful?

Wait, did she just talk in English?

I'm still changing clothes, Hyo Mi-ssi.”, he told her.

Still not done?”, she asked. Then she glared at me. “Hey, you. Why is Taecyeon-ssi still not done? He has to start filming. Aigoo, young staff members nowadays, so inexperienced and unprofessional.”

I arched an eye brow. “Miss, I was helping him to get dressed before you came in and disturbed us.”

Taec chuckled quietly.

Totally shocked, she looked at me. “What did you just say?”

Miss, could you please step aside, so that I can finish my work?”

With an indignantly look on her face, she stepped aside.

I stepped towards Taec and continued adjusting his bow tie. All the while, I could feel her glare at my back.

Sighing, I turned around.

Miss, don't you have a filming to attend? I'll bring him to the set once I'm done with changing his clothes.”

She gave me another glare. Then she turned around and left the room.

I love this side of yours.”, Taec said.

I arched an eye brow. “Which side to you mean?”

He smirked. “Your tough side. That was y.”

y, huh? You mean Hyo Mi?”

Hyo Mi who?”

I smacked him gently. “You can admit it. She's really pretty.”

Really? I was too distracted by your beauty.”

I smacked him again. “Hey, stop joking. I don't like the way she's touching you.”

He smirked and stepped closer. “Don't tell me...my Sleeping Beauty is jealous?”

I have every reason to be jealous! She 's so beautiful, she looks like she just stepped out of a fashion magazine!”

He gently lifted my chin. “The only beautiful woman I can see is the one standing right in front of me.”

I smiled. “How cheesy.”, I said and kissed him.

I'm just telling the truth.”

I chuckled and took a step back. “Could you please stop distracting me? I can't do my job this way. You know that they're waiting for you, don't you?”

He smiled. “Hey, it's not my fault that you're too pretty.”

I rolled my eyes and handed him his jacket. “Stop joking. Hurry!”

He put on his jacket. I stepped forward and buttoned up his jacket.

So, work done.”, I said.

Oh, finally. I really thought you guys would stay in this room until forever.”

I turned around. Kyung Mi was leaning against the door.

Oh hey, Kyung Mi.”, I said.

Uh oh, how long was she staying there?

Okay, can we go to the set now? I don't want the others to blame me for Taec lateness.”, she said.

I smiled at her. “Sorry, Kyung Mi, won't happen again.”

She rolled her eyes and turned around. When she left the room, I could hear her muttering “Assistants nowadays.”

Well, then, let's go.”, I said.

As my Lady commands.”

He laughed when I smacked him again.


 

I visited Taec several times during the 2 weeks. Being behind the scenes was so fascinating. I could see how a drama was filmed. It seemed really strenuous.

Taec was really good at acting. As soon as the cameras went on, he seemed to transform to another person. I couldn't get my eyes off of him.

The only thing which disturbed me was Hyo Mi. This annoying woman kept bugging Taec. She was flirting non-stop with him. But he didn't seem to mind it either. Well, I didn't see him telling her to stop. No, he was always smiling back at her.

When I asked him about this, he always told me that he wanted to maintain a good relationship with his co-actors. A bad relationship between co-actors would cause a bad atmosphere for the whole drama filming.

I did understand it but I didn't need to like it.

Pretty Lady, do you have time?”

I looked up. In front of me was a handsome man.

Jung Il Woo-ssi, how can I help you this time?”, I asked and smiled.

He also was one of the male lead actors of this drama. His role was the ex-husband of the rich woman. He would fall in love with the rich woman's maid.

I got to know him when I was helping a staff member gathering the scripts. He found out that I was from Germany and that was how we started talking. He was really curious about European Countries because he always wanted to visit Europe. So, once in a while, during his break, I would talk with him. Fortunately, he could speak English very well.

He smiled back at me. “I was watching TV and there was this documentary about Germany. Is it true that German girls drink a lot of beer? Even during breakfast, lunch AND dinner?”

I laughed. “There are probably some girls who drink a lot of beer, but not every German girl does this.”

Oh, I see. And -”

Hyung, don't you have a filming to do?”

I sighed. Gosh, not again.

No no, it's my break right now, Taecyeon.”, Il Woo said.

I see. I'm sorry but I need my stylist right now.”

Il Woo smiled. “Sure. I'm sorry for occupying your stylist.” He looked at me. “Thank you for enlightening me about your culture.”

I smiled back. “Always a pleasure.”

Thu Ha.”, Taec said impatiently.

I'm sorry, Il Woo-ssi. I have to go now. See you later!”

See you later, pretty lady.”, he said and walked away.

Pretty lady, huh?”, Taec asked.

I turned around and arched an eye brow at him. “Yeah, I know I'm not pretty, no need to tell me.”

He sighed. “You know that you're more than pretty. You're beautiful. But I just don't like the way he's looking at you.”

So? How is he looking at me?”

He is interested in you, can't you see it?”

What? No way, you must be wrong.”

No, I'm not. And I don't like it.”

And what about you and Hyo Mi?”

What's with me and Noona?”

Your 'Noona' is flirting with you all the time. But you don't tell her to stop. You like it, don't you? Yeah, she's a very pretty woman after all.”

Don't talk about her like that. She's very kind, you just have to get to know her.”

Yeah, the problem is that I just don't want to get to know this hag.”

Hag? Thu Ha, what happened with you? I don't even recognize you. Where's the kind woman I fell in love with?”

She's standing right in front of you. You're just too blinded by Hyo Mi's pretty shell to notice it.”, I said and rushed off. I didn't want to put up with this nonsense.

Totally annoyed, I went outside and sat down on a bench.

How the heck did this get out of hand?

Thu ha?”

Startled, I looked up. Ha Ni was smiling at me.

Oh, hey.”, I said.

She sat down next to me. “Everything okay? Wait, stupid question, apparently not. Let me re-phrase it. What happened?”

I sighed. “It's...Taec.”

What exactly is with him?”

He always gets so pissed off whenever I talk with Il Woo-ssi. But when Hyo Mi's flirting with him, then it's okay. Gosh, this guy pisses me off!!”

You know what I see? I see a building, which is on the verge of breaking down because it's missing its fundament.”

What do you mean?”

What I'm trying to say is that, for a relationship to work, you have to trust each other. Without trust, your relationship will soon fade.”

I looked at her. “Is that why you broke up with Wooyoung-ssi?”

She didn't answer.

I mentally kicked myself for being so inconsiderate.

Before I could apologize, she suddenly said “He didn't trust me. He chose to believe the lies of another person instead of believing me. When it turned out that I was right, he apologized to me but I couldn't forgive him. He has hurt me. When I needed him, he wasn't there. You don't know how painful it was when my heart shattered into pieces. Even though I loved him, my heart just couldn't forgive him for what he did to me.”

I hugged her. “I'm sorry.”

She smiled at me. “Don't let this happen to you and Taecyeon, Thu Ha.”

I just want him to trust me.”

You need to trust him, too.”

I know. But Hyo Mi is so annoying!”

She chuckled. “Yeah, her attitude is kinda difficult. But don't let her get to you. She's just waiting for an opportunity. Don't give her this opportunity.”

I'll keep it in mind. Thank you, Ha Ni.”

You're welcome. Now, Don't you have to help Taec getting dressed? His next shooting is about to start.”

I smiled. “Yes, gotta go now. See you later!”, I said and rushed off.

On my way to the dressing room, I decided to talk with Taec about my feelings. I wanted to avoid getting angry at him. Maybe I should apologize, too. His jealousy just showed that he really cared for me.

The door to the dressing room was slightly opened. When I heard voices coming out of the room, I stopped myself from stepping into it.

Wait, wasn't this Hyo Mi's voice?

I stepped closer and tried to eavesdrop.

But what should we do? We can't tell them about us.”, Hyo Mi said.

Why not? Are you ashamed of me?”, Taec asked.

I'm just afraid of their reactions. Everyone will bash you. I'm worried for you.”

I'm strong enough to face them.”

And this girl? The one who's constantly following you?”

I never loved her. We were once together but I got to see her real personality and left her. Unfortunately, she doesn't get it. She still thinks that I love her.”

I don't like her. She keeps looking at me as if I'm a monster.”

My love, she's just jealous. Forget about her, she doesn't matter. You're a beautiful and mature woman. She's just an naive, little girl.”

Do you love me?”, she asked.

More than anything else.”

What the heck?

I opened the door a little bit more and tried to catch a glimpse at them.

What I saw left me breathless.

Taec was kissing Hyo Mi!

Totally shocked, I took several steps back.

What was going on? Why was he kissing her?

When I took another step back, I bumped into something.

Ouch!”

I turned around and saw Il Woo standing right in front of me.

Pretty Lady, are you okay? Omo, are you crying?”

I touched my cheek. I didn't realize that I was crying.

Il Woo pulled out a handkerchief and handed it to me.

Thank you.”, I said and wiped away my tears.

The door opened. “What's this ruckus?”, Taec asked.

When he saw me, he widened his eyes. Then he glared at Il Woo. “What did you do to her?”

When he didn't answer, Taec rushed to him and grabbed his collar. “Tell me, WHAT DID YOU DO?”

I pulled Taec's hand away from Il Woo. “He did nothing. Leave him alone.”

Why are you helping him, Thu Ha? He has hurt you.”, Taec said.

I shot him a glare. “The only one who did hurt me was you! Don't you dare put the blame on him.”

He looked at me confusedly. “What?”

I slapped his face. He held his cheek and widened his eyes.

That's for telling me all the lies and making me believe that there was love between us. You jerk, I hate you!”

Omo, you're involved with this girl?”, Hyo Mi asked with a disgusted look on her face.

I glared at her. “And you! You may be pretty but your inside's rotten.”

Thu Ha! How are you speaking with Hyo Mi Noona?”, Taec asked.

Don't worry, I won't stand between you and your beloved Noona. I'm leaving.”, I said and walked away.

He called after me but I ignored it.

I held my tears until I was at home before allowing myself to cry.