Destined.

Our Heart has long known, what our Mind's still denying.

2 years later.


 

Thu Ha, did you hear the news?”

Which news?”, I asked Mai Ly.

2PM's coming to Germany!”

Oh, really? Cool.”

Hey, why do I have the feeling that you're not as excited as I am?”

Oh, I am excited. Can't you see it?”

When are you going to buy the tickets?”

I hesitated. “I'm not sure if I have enough money.”

But you have to go. Come on, it's 2PM!!”

I know but I probably can't go. Just go without me.”

Mai Ly pouted. “Thu Ha...”

Hey, I said it's okay.”

To be honest, I really didn't want to go. The reason? I didn't want to see Taec. It was still too early. But I never told my friends about me and him. I just wanted to forget it.

Several days passed and then it was my birthday. I didn't celebrated it this year. I just wasn't in the mood to celebrate.

When my Dad visited me, he handed me a small package.

Happy birthday, dear.”, he said.

I smiled. “Thank you, Dad!”

Well, open your present, I want to see your reaction.”

Curious, I quickly opened the package. When I opened it, I found some sweets and underneath them was a small piece of paper.

I pulled it out and took a look at it.

Oh no.

And? Do you like it?”, my Dad asked.

I tried to smile. “Yes, thank you, Dad. It's an awesome present!”

I'm glad that you like it. I was talking with Mai Linh & Mai Ly several days ago and they told me about this concert. I know that you're a big fan of this Korean boy group, that's why I didn't hesitate to buy the ticket for you.”

Thank you, Dad.”

You're welcome, dear.”

Dang. Now I had to go to the concert. But I bet there would be many fans there, the possibility that he would see me was 1 to 10000000000. So there was no need to worry.


 

While relaxing at Mai Linh's and Mai Ly's house, I chatted with Hyo Ri. I really missed her. Meanwhile, the other girls were watching an Korean Drama. While chatting, I listened to it.


 

But what should we do? We can't tell them about us.”

Why not? Are you ashamed of me?”

I'm just afraid of their reactions. Everyone will bash you. I'm worried for you.”

I'm strong enough to face them.”

And this girl? The one who's constantly following you?”

I never loved her. We were once together but I got to see her real personality and left her. Unfortunately, she doesn't get it. She still thinks that I love her.”

I don't like her. She keeps looking at me as if I'm a monster.”

My love, she's just jealous. Forget about her, she doesn't matter. You're a beautiful and mature woman. She's just an naive, little girl.”

Do you love me?”

I love you.”


 

Wait, what?

Startled, I turned around. On the screen, Taec and Hyo Mi were kissing.

Huh?

Girls, what drama are you watching right now?”, I asked them.

Uhm, it's called 'A Love to change my Heart'.”, Mai Linh said.

Totally shocked, I slumped down. “Oh no.”, I murmured.

What's the matter?”, Vinni asked me.

Girls, I messed up.”

Mai Ly arched an eye brow. “What are you talking about?”

I sighed. “Girls, there's something I didn't tell you. Sit down, I'll tell you everything.”

I told them everything about me and Taec. How we met, how dated and how I messed up.

When I finished, they just sat there, staring at me.

Uhm, hello? Girls? Anybody there?”

OH MY GOSH! YOU WERE DATING TAECYEON??”

Then all hell broke loose, They started bombarding me with questions.

Sigh. That would be a long night.

After answering all their questions, they told me to go to the 2PM's concert.

Just apologize to him.”, Mai Linh told me.

I don't think that a simple 'I'm sorry' will fix everything.”, I said.

Maybe he's still waiting for you to make the first step.”, Vinni said.

After 2 years? I don't think so, especially not after my stupid outburst back then. He must really think that I'm a naive, little girl. And there will be many fans at the concert. He probably wouldn't see me.”

wait, are you going?”, Mai Ly asked me.

I smiled. “Yes, the ticket was a birthday gift from my Dad.”

They squealed. “OH MY GOSH!! WE'RE GOING TO THE 2PM CONCERT!!”

I laughed.

Oh yeah, that was going to be interesting.


 

Oh man, my feet hurt!”, Mai Ly complained.

Mine, too. Hwy are there so many people? Gosh, we really should've come earlier.”, Linh said.

Guys, stop complaining. Seeing 2PM is worth waiting, don't you think?”, I said.

Yeah, you're right. But it's still a pity that we couldn't greet 2PM at the airport. I could've met Junho.”, Lam said.

I laughed. “Hey, you will see him in a couple minutes.”

I know but I don't think he'll be able to see me. There are way too many people.”, Lam said.

Maybe he'll catch a glimpse at you during a performance and then he'll fall in love with you at first sight.”, Vinni said.

Haha, very funny.”, Lam said and rolled her eyes.

Thu Ha, do you intend to do something?”, Mai Linh suddenly asked.

I sighed. “I do not intend to do something. It all happened 2 years ago, it's too late now. I just want to enjoy this concert without thinking of the past.”

Oh my gosh, how cheesy. Do you always give up so easily?”

We all turned around.

Uhm, do we know you?”, Vinni asked.

No, I do not know you. And I don't need to.”

Kyung Mi, be nice.”, I said. Then I paused. “Oh my gosh! Kyung Mi!!!”, I squealed and hugged her.

Okay, stop this. I do not like skinship.”, Kyung Mi said.

She sounds like this grumpy friend of Ha Ni Thu Ha was telling us about.”, Mai Ly whispered to the others.

Call me grumpy again and I will show what real grumpiness is.”, Kyung Mi said.

Hey, Kyung Mi, stop threatening my friends.”, I said and rolled my eyes.

No threat from my side. I was just informing them.”

Okay, whatever. But tell me, why are you here?”, I asked her.

Hm, let me see...I'm 2PM's stylist and today is 2PM's concert...oh my gosh, what am I doing here?”

Kyung Mi, I want to know what you are doing HERE in front of the stadium instead of being INSIDE the stadium?”

I was looking for you.”

And?”

And I want to take you with me.”

Whereto?”

Backstage. Right now.”

I widened my eyes. “Wait, right now? But why?”

Let's say there's unfinished business between you and a certain person. Hey, don't give me that look, it's not my idea. You can thank Ha Ni. She really should change her occupation from a Cube trainee to a matchmaker.”

Ha Ni's a Cube trainee??? When did that happen?”

Several months after your return to Germany. But you can ask her later, we do not have time for this right now. Come on, let's go now. The concert will start soon.”, she said and grabbed my hand.

I didn't move. “No, I don't want to go.”

I don't care. You're coming with me. NOW.”

Kyung Mi, I really don't -”

Someone cleared .

I turned around. All my girls were arching their eye brow at me.

What did you say? You don't want to go? Do you know how I wish I could be in your place right now? Don't let this opportunity slip, Thu Ha.”, Mai Ly said.

Yeah, Kyung Mi's right. There's unfinished business between you and Taecyeon. You guys should talk.”, Mai Linh said.

Do it, Thu Ha. If you don't, you'll regret it.”, Vinni added.

And don't you think that you owe him an apology? You smacked him for no reason after all. Take this opportunity and clear your doubts.”, Mai Ly said.

I sighed. “You guys are right. I should really go.”

Good luck, Thu Ha. We're gonna cross our fingers for you.”, Mai Linh said.

I smiled. “Thank you.” Then I turned to Kyung Mi. “Okay, let's go.”

Finally.”

I left the queue and followed Kyung Mi to a rear exit. She took out keys and opened the door. Many people passed us. Some of them stopped and said something to Kyung Mi in Korean.

Kyung Mi, could you do me a favour, please?”, someone suddenly asked.

Sure, what do you need, Khun Oppa?”, she said.

I can't find Minjae Hyung. Jin Ae Noona said that she saw you with him earlier.”

He said that he wanted to buy some snacks for you guys.”

Ah, okay, thank you. By the way, we need you in the dressing room in a couple minutes.”

Okay, just give me a minute.”

Good. Gotta return to the room, the boys just...” He paused. “Thu Ha-ssi, is that you?”

I smiled. “Yes, it's me. Good to see you again, Nichkhun-ssi.”

He returned my smile. “Good to see you, too. How have you been?”

Fine, as always. And you?”

Busy schedule, as always. By the way, Germany is really beautiful.”

I laughed. “You don' need to lie, Nichkhun-ssi. Korea is more beautiful.”

Every country has its own charm.”

Yeah, you're right.”

Thu Ha-ssi, do you want to meet him?”, he suddenly asked.

I didn't need to ask who he was talking about.

I don't really want to disturb -”

Yeah, she wants to talk to him. Can you call him out, please?”, Kyung Mi interrupted me.

Nichkhun chuckled. “Sure. Wait here, okay?”

Then he left. I didn't know why but I was really nervous. What should I say? How would he react? Would he even remember me?

Hey, relax.”, Kyung Mi said.

Easier said than done.”, I said and sighed.

Awesome, so that's how it is to be backstage.”, someone suddenly said.

We both turned around.

Great. Fans with backstage passes. Just what we needed.”, Kyung Mi mumbled.

Do you think we will be able to meet 2PM?”, a girl asked.

Oh, hopefully!! Let's look for their dressing room, maybe we can catch a glimpse at their abs.”, another girl said.

The heck?

Okay, wait a minute.”, Kyung Mi said and walked over to the four girls.

Hey you! Ever heard of privacy? Do you think I'll let you stalk the boys?”, she said.

One of the girls sneered. “Who do you think you are?”

I'm a staff member and I can report you guys if you disturb our idols.”

Hey, we didn't...OH MY GOSH!! OPPA!!”, the girl suddenly shouted.

Huh? I followed her gaze. Coming towards us was none other than Taec.

Wow. Even after 2 years, my heart still skipped a beat whenever I saw him. When he approached us, the four girls surrounded him.

Oppa, can I get an autograph?”

Me, too!”

I want one, too! Oh my gosh, Oppa saranghae!”

Taec smiled at them and gave every single one of them an autograph.

Gosh, I really hate such girls.”, Kyung Mi muttered.

I didn't answer. I was still speechless.

After shaking the girls' hands, Taec came towards us.

Without realizing it, I held my breath when he approached us. When he stopped in front of us, he gave Kyung Mi a nod. Then he looked at me.

I somehow felt uncomfortable under his gaze It was like he was looking right through me.

I pulled myself together. “Hi. It has been -”

Do you want an autograph, too?”, he interrupted me.

Huh? “I..I just wanted -”

So no autograph?”

I frowned. What was going on?

Kyung Mi nudged me. “No need to be shy, little girl. Take an autograph before you'll regret it later on.”

Taec looked at me expectantly. Kyung Mi pulled a sheet of paper and a pen out of her bag. “Here, take this.”

He took it and wrote something on the sheet of paper before giving it to me. Then he said “So, excuse me, girls, I have to go now. See you later at the concert!”

He gave us a smile and then he left.

Gosh, how embarrassing. Because of her he'll think that all Germans fans are stupid.”, one of the girls said.

That's why I hate newbies.”, another girls said.

They all gave me a glare and then they rushed off.

And screaming 'Oppa saranghae' isn't embarrassing?”, Kyung Mi asked.

I didn't hear what she said because I was focused on the sheet of paper.


 

Let's talk somewhere else.

Room 2.

Kyung Mi, where is Room 2?”, I asked her.

What?”, she asked. I showed her Taec's message. “Ah, clever guy. Room 2 is around the corner. You can go there on your own? I have to work right now.”

I nodded. “Sure. And thank you.”

No need to thank me. Thank ha Ni, she's the matchmaker.”

I laughed. “Okay, I will.”

Kyung Mi rushed off and I went to room 2. When I opened the door, I saw Taec standing in front of a window. His back was turned to me. I slowly closed the door. I didn't really know what to do or what to say, so I just stood there, waiting for him to say anything.

But he didn't.

Uhm, hey.”, I said after a while.

He didn't answer.

Okay, awkward.

Look, I -”

What are you doing here?”, he interrupted me.

Uhm, I'm going to the concert?”

What are you doing HERE backstage?”

I...I wanted to see you....and talk with you.”

What, you think you can slap me, yell at me, disappear for 2 years and then expect me to pretend that all these things never happened?”

I was taken aback by the harshness in his voice. “I...I just wanted to apologize...”

Do you really think that a simple 'I'm sorry' can make up for all the painful days I had to go through because of you?”

I'm sorry...”

He turned around. I never saw so much anger in someone's eyes. “Yeah, you're sorry but that won't make the pain disappear. I loved you, Thu Ha. I gave my heart to you. But you just stepped on it as if it was some kind of trash.”

I teared up. “I never wanted to hurt you. It was just a big misunderstanding. I thought you loved Hyo Mi and not me.”

Hyo Mi? How did you get that idea?”

I...I heard you both when you were in the dressing room. You said that you loved her and that I was a naive, little girl who was annoying you.”

In the dressing room? No, we were just rehearsing. Do you really thought that that was real?”

Unfortunately, I did. That's why I slapped you. I'm so sorry, Taec. I really wish I could turn back time.”

Yeah, but you can't. I was really hurt, Thu Ha. I don't know if you can imagine how much. The 2 years without you were such a torment. It's like you took half of my soul with you when you left.”

I could feel the tears flowing down my cheeks. “I'm so sorry...”

He sighed and sat down while burying his face in his hands. “I don't think that it's wise to continue this. 2 years were a long time, Thu Ha. I had much time to re-think certain things. I don't think that my heart can go through such pain again.”

Then he remained silent.

I knew what this was supposed to mean. He clearly said that he didn't want to give us another chance. I couldn't resent him this decision. I really did hurt him. It was time to move on. Even though my heart still longed for him, it was too late.

I wiped my tears away and turned around to leave.

Time to move on, Thu Ha. I should treasure my memories with him and just move on. But why did it hurt so much? Why couldn't I let him go?

Our heart has long known what our mind's still denying.”

I paused. “Pardon?”

I don't want to go through this pain again. I'm not strong enough to face it.”

I held my breath.

But why...why does my heart still long for you? Why does it wishes to embrace you even though my mind's telling me that I'm stupid for feeling this way?”

My tears started to flow again.

Why can't I stop loving you?”

That was enough. I turned around and rushed towards him. Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him towards me.

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for being stupid and for not trusting you. Can you forgive this naive, little girl?”

He my back. The he gently lifted my chin and kissed me.

How I've missed the the feeling of his soft lips on mine and the tingle in my stomach whenever he kissed me.

You're forgiven.”, he whispered when his lips left mine. Then he paused. “No, wait. 100 more kisses, then I'll forgive you.”

I smacked him. “Don't be cheeky.” Then I smiled. “You'll only get 99 kisses.”

He smirked. “Fine with me.”

To be honest, I didn't really remember how many kisses it has been in the end. I was too caught up in lingering in his warm embrace to really care.


 

The concert was really amazing. The light effects, the performances...everything was perfect. All the time, I couldn't stop staring at Taec.

The girls didn't pester me with questions when I returned to them after talking with Taec. I think that my non-stop smiling was answer enough.

Every member also had a solo stage. Nichkhun sang a ballade while playing the guitar. Chansung sang an English song and flashed his abs. Junsu sang his solo song 'Alive'. Wooyoung's and Junho's solo stages were dance performances.

And Taec...well, for his solo stage, he sang a ballade while playing the piano.

This song is dedicated to the one and only person, who was able to capture my heart.”, he said to the audience.

The crowd screamed and my girls were nudging me.

I just smiled.

When he began to sing, I could feel the message he was sending me. Our hearts went through pain but in the end, they still couldn't let go of each other.

I didn't know how the future would look like for us. After this concert, he had to return to Korea and we would be separated again.

But after seeing that, even after 2 years, we couldn't let go of each other, I was quite sure that we would find a solution. I would soon finish my time at university. Going to Korea or not, I still had time to figure it out.

Because, even though our mind was still denying it, our heart has long known that we were destined for each other.

 

************************************************

 

A/N:

So, that's the end of "Our Heart has long known what our Mind's still denying".

I really hope that you liked this Story.

Please support my other Fanfic, too!It

I's called "If you come into my Heart, I'l cherish you, just like in the Movies".

Thank you :)

 

PS: I'm still considering whether I should write an additional Chapter about what happened with Taec & Thu Ha several years later.

Tell me if you want this additional Chapter or not in the Comment Section :>