The Answer.

Our Heart has long known, what our Mind's still denying.

TO: Taecyeon

We need to talk.

Where can we meet?


 

When I woke up this morning after sleeping for only 2 hours, I knew what to do. But before I told him my decision, I wanted to hear his opinion on this matter.

After sending him this message, I stood up and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. After that I went into the kitchen.

Good Morning, Thu Ha.”, Hyo Ri said while preparing breakfast.

I opened the fridge and took out a bottle of orange juice. “Eonni, you don't need to prepare breakfast. It's my turn today.”

"It's okay, I want to prepare breakfast today. Did you sleep well?”

Uhm, the other nights have been better.”

She handed me my plate. “Poor girl. So did you find an answer after all?”

Yes. But there's one more thing I need to find before telling him my answer.”

Ah, good to hear. But Thu Ha, please be careful, I don't want you to hurt yourself.”, she said and sat down.

Don't worry, Eonni.”

So...do you have any plans for today? Want to go shopping?”

Sure. When do you want to go?”

She considered. “Hm, I have a schedule after breakfast but I'm free after 12pm.”

Okay, just text me and I'll get ready.”

Deal!”, she said and smiled.

When we finished eating, I went into my room to read a book. That was when I noticed that I got a text message.


 

From: Taecyeon

Okay.

10am? I'll pick you up.


 

I looked at my clock. It was 8am right now.


 

To: Taecyeon

Deal :)


 

I sighed. Well, it seemed like it was finally time to tell him my answer. Whatever would happen, I would have no regrets.


 

Time passed and it was finally 10am. I stood in front of the apartment, waiting for him to arrive. It was really cold outside.

15 minutes passed and he still didn't come. I got nervous with every passing minute. Maybe he had to attend a schedule and didn't find time to tell me?

Before I could get even more nervous, I finally saw a black van stopping in front me. I took several steps forward. The door opened and Taecyeon was standing in front of me, smiling.

Hey.”, he said.

I smiled back. “Hey.”

He gave me his hand. “ We have to hurry.”

I nodded and took his hand. But when I entered the van, I didn't expect to meet s.

Annyeong ~”, they said in unison.

I blushed and smiled. “A-annyeong.”

I sat down on the only free place...next to Nichkhun.

Then Chansung asked me something in Korean.

I looked confusedly at him.

Hey, enough.”, Taec said and nudged Chansung.

Then they started to argue and Junho and Junsu joined them. I blushed even more. I wondered what they were talking about.

You seem familiar...did we meet before?”, someone asked beside me.

I startled and turned to the side. “Nichkhun....ssi.”

He chuckled. “You can leave out the formalities. As a foreigner myself, I know that it's pretty confusing.”

I smiled hesitantly. “Yeah, it is. And yes, we did meet before. I saw you at the Fan Signing Event several days ago.”

He considered. “Ah,,,yes! You're from Germany, right?”

Yes, you're right! So you remember me?”

He smiled. “Of course. You've been enjoying your stay in Korea so far?”

Oh, Korea's wonderful! Even though I miss my family and friends in Germany, I'm still reluctant to leave this beautiful country!”

You're leaving soon?”

I sighed. “Yes, only 5 weeks are left.”

Ah, what a pity. Then you have to enjoy every single day.”

I do.”

Suddenly Wooyoung raised his voice. He said something in Korean and the other members stopped arguing.

He told them that they are embarrassing and that they should stop arguing.”, Nichkhun whispered to me.

Then Chansung said something to Wooyoung, making him blush.

Oh, he blushed?

Nichkhun chuckled. “Chansung just told Wooyoung that he shouldn't talk because he already has Ha Ni.”

Then Nichkhun suddenly looked at me as if he has been slapped.”Ah, I shouldn't have told you that. Can you promise to keep this secret to yourself?”

I smiled. “Of course. I won't ever do anything that would hurt you guys, I'm a dedicated HOTTEST after all.”

He smiled. “Thank you.”

Wooyoung said something to Chansung, causing the others to laugh at him.

Wooyoung just said that they should leave Ha Ni out of this.”, Nichkhun whispered.

Hm, I wondered who this Ha Ni was. She seemed to be involved with Wooyoung.

The van suddenly stopped. The door opened and the members started to leave the van. They said 'Goodbye' to me and went outside. Then Taec came back and sat down on the opposite seat.

Where are they going?”, I asked curiously.

There going to the office to practice.”

I widened my eyes. “Oh, don't you have to practice, too? I don't want to hold you off from practicing.”

He smiled. “No need to worry. 'll catch up with everything later on.”

But...”

No but. So, didn't you say that we need to talk? Well, then let's talk...but not here.”

Where are we going?”

To a place, where I use to go to think.”

Do I, by chance, know this place?”, I asked and smiled.

He smirked. “Hm, I don't know. Let's find out.”


 

We stood at the railing, both looking at the beautiful view before us.

Isn't it dangerous do be here during daytime? I'm afraid that people will recognize you.”, I said after a while.

He didn't look at me. “No, there aren't any people during this time of the day.”

I see.” I sighed. “Taecyeon-ssi -”

Call me Taec.”

Uhm, Taec, we need to talk.”

He smirked. “Yeah, I figured out this part after reading your text message.”

I have to ask you a question.”

Go ahead.”

What happens when I return to Germany in 5 weeks?”

He didn't answer.

Seemed like he didn't consider my return to Germany. I somehow knew that he didn't, even though I was hoping that he did.

Taec, I -”

It won't change anything.”, he interrupted me.

What do you mean? It'll change everything!”

He turned to me. “No, because I won't let it happen. Wherever you may be, it won't change the way I feel.”

I will be very far away...and I don't know when I'll return. It will only hurt both of us, Taec.”

Nothing will change for me but I can't speak for you. That's why I gave you the choice to decide how this will continue.”

I...I have one last question for you.”

He smirked. “One more? Well, what do you want to know?”

I took a deep breath. “Why me?”

He considered. Working as an idol has its positive and negative sides. You never know if people want to get to know you for who you really are or just because your name is known by many people.” He paused. “But you didn't took advantage of being alone with me the last time we were here. You didn't spread my number on the internet after I gave it to you. You weren't afraid to stand up for us against Saesangs who invaded our privacy. Am I wrong?”

I was too stunned to answer.

But aside from that, I can't deny the fact that my heart starts to flutter whenever I see you. I can't deny the fact that I want to protect your precious smile. And I can't deny the fact that I can't get you out of my head.”

We just looked at each other for a while. Taec just confessed to me and I didn't know how to answer.

To be honest, I DID know the answer but I was still speechless.

I know that it won't be easy. I'm also quite sure that we will both be hurt. But..tell me...why do I long for your embrace? Why do I get this warm feeling whenever I think of you?”, I said after a while.

He gently lifted my chin. “Because our heart has long known what our mind's still denying.” He came nearer. “ So, tell me, Thu Ha, what's your answer?”

Don't you already know?”, I whispered.

He smirked. “Yes, but I want to hear it.”

I've chosen you.”

That's what I wanted to hear.”

Then his lips where on mine. This kiss was different from the one in the Ferris Wheel. The first one was hesitant but this one was more gently and longer.

Then his phone ringed. We broke apart, reluctantly, and he answered his phone.

What's up?”

The person on the phone said something. Taec nodded and said “Okay, give me 10 minutes. I'll hurry.” Then he hung up.

What's the matter?”, I asked.

He sighed. “They have been asking for me. I have to go back before they find out that I've been sneaking out.”

Okay, then you should hurry! I don't want you to be scolded because of me.”

He grabbed my hand. “Then let's go.”

I stopped and pulled my hand away. “What are you doing? I can't come with you.”

I'll bring you home.”

But that's just a detour. Go without me, I can go home on my own.”

The longer you argue with me, the longer it'll take me to return to the office.”

I sighed. “Okay, okay. I'll let you win...this time.”

He chuckled and took my hand. “Good to hear.”


 

We took the exit to the underground car park of the building, so that Taec won't be seen by other people. We quickly stepped into the van.

When we arrived at my apartment, I turned to him. “Thank you for meeting me today. I know that you're very busy.”

He smiled. “I'll always have time for you.”

I smiled. “Goodbye, Taec.”

Then I stood up. Before I could step out of the van, I was suddenly pulled back. I somehow landed on Taec's lap.

Hey, what are you doing? What if people see us?”

He smirked. “Didn't you forget anything?”

What do you mean?”

This.”, he said and kissed me. I blushed and gently pushed him away.

Hey! I told you to be careful! The door's open, people could've seen us! Why can't you understand that I care for your safety?”

He chuckled. “Well, thank you but I can take care of myself.”

Gosh, guys and their pride. I'll never understand it.”

He gave me a quick kiss. “You don't need to.”

I laughed. “Okay, enough. You should hurry or you'll be late. Now, goodbye, for real.”

I quickly sprinted out of the van before he could pull me back. “I'll text you.”

He smirked. “I'll be waiting.”

Then I turned around and went into the apartment. Stepping into my room, I looked at my clock. It was nearly 12pm now. I had to get ready to meet Hyo Ri. I couldn't wait to tell her everything. I did consider if I should tell her but I knew that I could trust her.


 

I'll always have time for you.”


 

You should never make promises you can't keep. I knew that we won't be able to meet everyday. He had a busy schedule after all. I also knew that it won't be easy. But it was just like Taec said: My heart has long known what my mind's still denying.

I wanted to be with him, even though I knew that it'll hurt me. But at this time, I didn't care.