Mission 4: Mingyu (2) ft. Vernon

Mission: Butterfly // SUBMISSIONS CLOSED \\
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by LoveBeatBaby

You inhaled and exhaled deeply. You were deadly exhausted. Hands on your knees, trying to catch your breath as the loud music continued to blast through the dance practice room at Pledis Entertainment. You were a trainee with your debut about half a year away. You were going to debut as a soloist.

Being an idol had always been a dream of yours, however it seemed like a one in a million chance so you decided to persue another realistic career. It was all until one day, you were scouted by some trainees at the entertainment company. Their names were Soonyoung and Jihoon. When you were working at your part time job at a cafe, they had heard you sing and decided to bring their boss the next day to show him your beautiful singing. And before you knew it, you were practicing in the practice room with your fellow trainees.

As you continued to become aquainted with the rest of the trainees, there was a group of them that you felt the most comfortable and happy with. All 13 of them were put into a group called SEVENTEEN. Last year May, they had debuted with their song "Adore U" which Jihoon, or now known as Woozi, had produced.

You remembered their debut stage like it was yesterday. You were back stage of their live showcase and had to watch from the side. You could never stop smiling. You were just so happy for them. As soon as they stepped off the stage, you all did a big group hug and went out to eat.

Ever since then, you didn't have as much time to spend with them. They were always busy with shows and schedules and when they weren't, they were either resting or working on new music for their next album. Of course you couldn't complain, you were happy for them. They're living their dream.

In the midst of all of the time away from them, around November of the same year, you were called into the CEO's office for a meeting. And that was when you got the news of you debuting, the year after in June. You were so happy and took your phone out to call to tell the guys. "Wait," the CEO said, "I'm going to have to take your phone away for the time being. You need to practice and prepare for your debut. In the mean time, here's a music player so you can practice and use." You gave him a defeated nod and handed him your phone.

It's now January and you haven't told the guys yet. They were extremely busy, wrapping up their promotions for 2015 and finishing off before they can have a break and work on their next album. You were also extremely busy, practicing different choreos, singing different songs, producing music, and basically just finding the right concept and sound for you.

After practicing the choreo one last time, you pulled your black mouth mask down a bit and tried to catch your breath. You had been practicing the same choreo for about 7 hours straight. You laid down on the floor and sprawled your arms and legs out and let out a loud groan.

"Woah, are you dying?" A voice asked. You lifted your head and smiled at the sight of Mingyu and Vernon walking through the door and making their way towards you.

"Yes," you sat up and they both took a seat near you.

"Why so sweaty?" Mingyu asked as he started to wipe your face dry with some wet-wipes.

"Practice," you panted.

"Why are you practicing so hard though? And have you been eating well? Are you loosing weight? Why do you look so thin now?"

"Yo, one question at a time hyung." Vernon said. "But why though?"

The ends of your lips curled into a smile. "I'm debuting."

"Woah really!!!!!!!" Vernon smiled along with you. You nodded.

"Debuting...?" Mingyu questioned. You nodded again.

"When did they tell you?"

"Around November?" You answered.

"When's it happening?"

"June!"

"Mansae!" Vernon put both of his hands up.

"So you were told in November, but you haven't told any of us besides right now?" Mingyu asked, his face a little sour. You nodded your head slowly. "Well how can you not tell us! Debuting is a big thing! We told you right away when we were debuting but why didn't you do the same!?" You stayed quiet, not sure of what to say.

"Yeah, why didn't you tell us earlier?" Vernon asked softly.

"I couldn't..." you mumbled.

"Tsh, how vague..." Mingyu scoffed.

"They took away my phone and plus you were all too busy and we haven't even seen each other since May okay!" You burst. You got up, sad and frusturated, and walked out of the dance room and into the vocal room. You sat down in the chair and buried your face in your hands.

A few minutes later, Vernon stepped into the room. "Yo..." he spoke, "you okay?"

"Just stressed," you mumbled.

"Dude, don't worry about it okay? I'm happy for you!" He smiled as he patted your back. "Can I see what you were practicing earlier?"

"Fine..." you got up and walked back to the dance room with a happy Vernon following behind you. You walked past Mingy, ignoring him and turned the music on. You lited your mask back up in place and waited for the beat to come.

After you finished, Vernon clapped for you like a seal while Mingyu was left speechless at your amazing moves. "That was good! Did you choreograph that yourself?" You nodded. "Who's performing this with you? Seola? Namjoo? Kristin?"

"No one."

"Wait, huh- shutup~!" Vernon playfully sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter