My Lines Are Amazing!

Velvet Throne

Winter was steadily approaching. The air had a bite to it, although no snow had fallen yet. Seunghyun still stopped by the bakery every morning, except now he frequently saw Jonghyun and Minho there as well. He was happy to see how happy Jonghyun looked, and was even happier that he seemed to have become friends with Taemin.

 

 

Wednesday nights had become Seunghyun and Taemin's default date nights. They did various things around town, and sometimes ended up back at the bakery for late night snacks and a little making out. They weren't boyfriends, and they definitely hadn't had , but Seunghyun didn't mind. He had all of the patience and all of the time in the world for Taemin.

 

 

This night was different. Tonight Seunghyun had invited Taemin to his place for dinner and a movie. It was a first for Seunghyun- once he had moved into his new apartment, he hadn't brought anyone home. He either went home with them, or took care of things in a love hotel, or worse- in parked cars. But Taemin was different, and Seunghyun would make sure the boy knew it.

 

 

Cleaning the apartment for Taemin's arrival took most of the morning (was he always such a slob?) and he caught a quick shower and a nap in the afternoon. Seunghyun wasn't much of a cook, but he could do pasta with white sauce. He added garlic bread and a salad as sides, with tea for Taemin to drink and wine for himself. A tiramisu cake was waiting for them in the fridge.

 

 

The chime of the doorbell pulled Seunghyun from his thoughts. On the other side of the door stood Taemin, biting his lip and nervously playing with his fingers. He wore a white sweater with a low neckline and dark jeans. Seunghyun smiled and grabbed him around the waist, pulling him inside. “It's not fair that you always look so good,” he murmured, leaning in for a kiss. “Mmm, and you taste good and smell good, too. A feast for the senses.” He leaned in for another kiss.

“Speaking of smelling good,” Taemin interrupted. “Isn't that dinner?”

Seunghyun pouted. “I'm trying to get kisses!”

“And I'm trying to get dinner.”

Seunghyun swatted Taemin's bum, chuckling at the dark look Taemin gave him. Linking their fingers, Seunghyun led him into the kitchen.

“Your home is beautiful, Seunghyun,” Taemin said.

“Even more beautiful with you in it,” Seunghyun replied.

Taemin gave him a dirty look. “Any more of these terrible lines and I'm going home. After I vomit on your shoes.”

Seunghyun pouted again. “My lines are amazing! I worked on them for hours!”

Taemin laughed out loud, taking his seat next to Seunghyun. “You're such a nerd.”

“Thank you very little,” Seunghyun commented, encouraging Taemin to load his plate first.

“Did you make the garlic bread?” Taemin asked.

“Store bought, I'm afraid.”

“Seunghyun, I could have brought some! I may be a baker's apprentice, but I know my bread.”

“I didn't want you working on this special occasion!”

Taemin just rolled his eyes. “I would say you deserve a spanking for that, but you'd like that too much.”

Seunghyun smirked.

 

 

Dinner was long and leisurely, and Seunghyun was pretty sure he was in love by the time dessert rolled around. Taemin was equal parts y and adorable, funny and serious and innocent. Afterward, they settled onto the couch to watch TV. They were a soft little cuddle puddle, when Taemin's phone rang.

“Hey, Umma,” Taemin answered. He stood suddenly, and made his way over to Seunghyun's window. “Whoa, cool!”

“What is it?” Seunghyun asked. He moved to stand next to Taemin. It was snowing, and the setting sun cast everything in a soft pink glow.

Taemin had a look of wonder on his face. His mom appeared to be doing all of the talking. He turned up to Seunghyun. “Umma wants to know if it's okay if I stay the night,” he said shyly. “She says the roads are really slick and she worries about us attempting them.”

Seunghyun smiled. “Of course you can stay,” he replied. He leaned closer to the phone. “I'll take good care of him, Mrs. Lee.”

Taemin laughed and swatted him away. He spoke softly into the phone and hung up. He was blushing when he turned back to Seunghyun.

“Our first sleepover,” Seunghyun smirked.

“I don't have my jammies.”

Seunghyun stepped closer. “Maybe you won't need them.”

He tilted Taemin's chin up, and was pleased when Taemin's lips met his. He slid his fingers into Taemin's hair and a low growl escaped his lips. He pulled the redhead into his bedroom. “Tamin,” he said softly.

 

Taemin interrupted him. “Make love to me, Seunghyun.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. I've been thinking about it for a while, and I'm completely sure.”

 

 

Seunghyun moved slowly, taking his time. He undressed the boy slowly, as if he were unwrapping a present. Using his mouth and fingers, he mapped out and memorized Taemin's body. The sounds the baker was making were music to Seunghyun's ears. Taemin's body was warm and tight, and Seunghyun just wanted to stay like that forever.

After, Seunghyun cleaned them off and pulled Taemin into his arms. “How was that?”

Taemin smiled. “Amazing.” he murmured. Yawning, he closed his eyes. Seunghyun ran his fingers through soft red locks before falling asleep himself.

 

 

The ding of his cellphone woke Seunghyun some time later. Taemin was still curled up against him, and he smiled. Yawning, he reached for his phone to find a text from Moeka.

Can you come down? I'm across the street.

Something cold slithered into Seunghyun's chest. Moeka. Here. Being careful not to wake Taemin, Seunghyun slid out of bed and peeked out of the curtains. There she was. A slim figure clad in black, standing under a streetlamp. Her face was turned up towards the building. Cursing, Seunghyun quickly dressed and pressed a kiss to Taemin's hair.

 

 

A blast of cold air smacked Seunghyun in the face as he exited the building. A couple of inches of snow had already piled up and showed no signs of stopping. Seunghyun trudged across the street, scowling as he did so.

“What the are you doing here?” he hissed. “How did you find out where I live?”

Moeka's face was streaked with tears. “Is he still up there?”

“He? Who?”

“That baker boy!” she cried. “The one you've been dating!”

Seunghyun was horrified. “Have you been following me? What the , Moeka?!” His anger was building- building off fear that this woman had been following him, following Taemin.

Oh god. Taemin.

“I don't know what you're thinking, but this ends here. I don't want to see you ever again. Stay away from me, my home, the club, and him.” He turned to walk away, but Moeka grabbed onto him.

“You can't!” she shrieked. “You- I-”

“What?” Seunghyun snarled. “We what? Nothing! I've made you no promises. Don't try to make us out to be something more that we are, Moeka.”

“I love you!” she said shrilly.

“Yeah? So you follow me, stalk me, invade my privacy? Do you do the same to the other hosts you see?”

Moeka paled, tears streaming down her face.

“This business transaction, which is what this was, is over. Stay away from me.” Turning his back on her, Seunghyun walked back into the building without a second glance. Once inside his apartment, he sent a group text to the Velvet Throne employees, informing them that Moeka Nozaki was persona non grata. Then he shut off his phone.

 

 

Stripping down to his underwear, Seunghyun climbed into bed next to Taemin, who was still blissfully asleep. Seunghyun curled protectively around the small body. Pressing a kiss to Taemin's neck, Seunghyun slowly fell asleep.