I Could Just Eat Him Right Up

Velvet Throne

Visiting Taemin's bakery every morning on the way home became part of Seunghyun's daily routine. There was something comforting about the warm ambiance and delicious food that touch a place deep inside of Seunghyun. Seeing Taemin's fresh, smiling face every morning go him through the day, and was what he most looked forward to through the night. He would watch Taemin while he ate- between waiting on customers and filling the pastry cases, Taemin flitted like a butterfly behind the counter.

 

 

Taemin frequently lost track of his surroundings while baking or decorating, and was often startled when he would look up and catch Seunghyun watching him with an amused smile on his face. He would often take home a box of treats (which he would take along to work) and sometimes got a free sample of a new treat the bakery was thinking of introducing. Seunghyun was fond of flirting with Taemin, but the redhead seldom became flustered.

 

“When are you going to let me take you on a date?” Seunghyun asked everyday. It was the only time Taemin blushed.

 

But instead of answering, Taemin would just settle Seunghyun's bill and wait, with an amused look, until the host left.

 

 

 

Today, though, Seunghyun was determined. He knew why Taemin never took up his offer- he was still distrustful of hosts. Seunghyun was determined to change that.

 

“You should come visit me at work,” Seunghyun suggested, about a month after their breakfasts started.

 

“What?”

 

“Why not? I talk about it all the time. You should come see what I'm all about.” He slid over his business card. “Hand this over at the door, and you won't have to pay. We open at 7:00. I'm working tonight.”

 

 

 

At the end of the day, Taemin lay in his bed, thinking. He thought of all the things Seunghyun had told him- about the clients, about the hosts, about the actual business side of running a host club, which Taemin could relate to in a way. He wanted to meet Daesung and Minho, these two men who had fallen in love with hosts and had their feelings reciprocated. Taemin didn't think he was in love with Seunghyun- not after a month. But he was definitely charmed and intrigued. He sighed to himself. Surely it couldn't hurt to go out, right? Once?

 

 

 

He stood and looked through his closet. He didn't really have any going out clothes. He pulled out a black sleeveless v-neck Kibum had given him a few months ago, and his nicest pair of jeans. He put on a light dab of lip gloss on his lips and pulled his hair back. After assurances to his parents that he had money and a fully charged phone, he was on his way.

 

 

 

Taemin found Seunghyun's club, and swallowed before heading in. A woman with long blonde hair, an eyebrow ring and a septum piercing smiled at him. “Hey there, cutie. I.D please.”

 

Taemin pulled out his wallet, fumbling with it, to the woman's amusement. He handed over his license and Seunghyun's card. She looked at both, and quirked an eyebrow. But her smile was softer when she handed his I.D back. “He's right over there, hon.”

 

Taemin turned to see Seunghyun sitting at a table with a brunette woman, and two young men. He turned back to the blonde. “Uh... Seunghyun said there were private booths...?” he asked, handing over fifty dollars.

 

The woman smiled again, taking the cash. “Sure thing.” She moved to the front of the counter. “Follow me, cutie.”

 

 

 

She led Taemin to a back area of little curtained alcoves. Taemin followed her to an open one- onside was a small booth and table, with dim lighting and a small votive and small vase on the table. “Make yourself comfortable.”

 

Taemin slid in, blushing.

 

The woman leaned against the archway. “Are you Taemin by any chance?”

 

Taemin's eyes widened, and he nodded.

 

“Seunghyun never shuts up about you.” She winked, and let the curtain fall.

 

 

 

Seunghyun was relaxed. Moeka wouldn't be in until later, and he was having a good time with Jessica, Jiyong, and Daesung. He raised his eyebrow at Chaerin's smirk as she approached his table.

 

“Hey boss. Your boyfriend is here.”

 

Seunghyun chuckled. “Oh yeah?”

 

“A little cutie named Taemin.”

 

He flicked his eyes up at her.

 

“Long red hair up in a ponytail? I could just eat him right up.”

 

“Who's Taemin?” Jessica asked excitedly.

 

“Bakery boy,” Jiyong said smugly.

 

Seunghyun scrambled out of the booth before turning guiltily to Jessica. “Uh, Jess?”

 

She grinned widely. “Go see your boy. I'll get all the dirty details from Ji.”

 

 

Seunghyun frowned, but before he could retort he was being pulled along by Chaerin.

 

“He's in alcove five.”

 

“You let him pay for a private booth?” Seunghyun demanded, before Chaerin passed over the money. He grinned and kissed her cheek. “Thanks babe.”

 

 

 

He opened the curtain, breath catching at the sight of Taemin fidgeting in his seat. Deep down, he had been afraid it was a trick of Chaerin's. “Hey handsome,” he murmured, sliding into the booth.

 

Taemin blushed. “Hi.”

 

“I'm so glad you came,” Seunghyun said, sliding in the booth and tucking Taemin's money back into his pocket. He then rest his arm on the seat beside him. He tilted Taemin's chin up, running his thumb gently over his bottom lip. “You look exquisite.”

 

Taemin blushed even harder, biting his lip when Seunghyun kissed his hand. “How is your night?” he asked. “Am I interrupting anything?”

 

“How can you be interrupting something when you're making it better?”

 

 

 

Taemin rolled his eyes. “Do these lines actually work?”

 

“As a matter of fact, they do.”

 

Taemin laughed, tension easing from his body.

 

Seunghyun's arm moved from the back of the seat to curl around Taemin, pulling him close. He smiled when Taemin's head came to rest on his shoulder. “I love when you smell like butter.” He reached up to gently Taemin's hair. “Tell me about your day.”

 

Taemin closed his eyes. “There isn't much to tell.”

 

Seunghyun leaned his head onto Taemin's. “Tell me anyway.”

 

Taemin spoke softly, playing with the fingers of Seunghyun's hand, blushing whenever Seunghyun lifted Taemin's to kiss it. They lapsed into a comfortable silence, both quietly dozing off not too long after.

 

 

 

Chaerin found them that way about an hour later. She hated having to wake them up- looking so cute and peaceful- but it was only a matter of time before Moeka showed up, and Chaerin had a feeling Seunghyun would want to keep Taemin from her. She gently nudged Seunghyun's shoulder. “Boss.”

 

Seunghyun opened his eyes, smiling down at Taemin. He rolled his neck, scowling when he caught Chaerin's eye.

 

She sighed. “I gave you an extra fifteen minutes,” she whispered. “But Moeka will be here soon.”

 

 

 

Seunghyun cursed, and nodded. Chaerin nodded back and disappeared. Seunghyun kissed Taemin's head, and ran his fingers gently down Taemin's face. Taemin woke up slowly, and looked up at Seunghyun with a wide, bright smile.

 

“Hey there,” Seunghyun whispered. “We're out of time.”

 

Taemin pouted. “Aww, we feel asleep!”

 

Seunghyun chuckled. “I loved it. It was so relaxing.” He held his hand out to Taemin, and guided him out of the booth. He tucked the baker's hand into his arm and led him to the front of the club. Several of the hosts and clients smirked at Seunghyun (geez, word got around) but he ignored them all and led Taemin into the night. “When is your next day off?”

 

“Mm... I don't really get days off because it's just the three of us, but Wednesdays are our slow day.” Taemin replied.

 

“Good. I'm off on Wednesday. Try to take that evening off and I will take you on a proper date.”

 

Taemin perked up. “Really?”

 

“Really. So think about where you want to go, and see if you can get that evening off.” Seunghyun kissed Taemin's forehead. “I'll see you in a few hours for breakfast.”

 

Taemin smiled brightly. “Night, Seunghyun.”

 

“Good night, beautiful.” He blew Taemin a kiss, and turned back into the club.