Oh This is Too Good!

Velvet Throne

Seunghyun walked back inside, resuming his seat with Jessica, Jiyong, and Daesung. He ignored their looks as he swallowed his champagne. When he finally looked over at them, they were all grinning. Jessica looked fit to burst with excitement. Seunghyun rolled his eyes. “What?”

Jessica pounced. “Is that him? He's adorable!”

Seunghyun chuckled.

“Did you really tell him he smells like lemons? I thought you were smoother than that!” Jessica teased. Jiyong laughed and Daesung choked on his drink.

Seunghyun smiled. “So did I. But you saw him- how could I help but make an out of myself?”

Jessica laughed delightedly. “Oh, this is too good!”

“What's too good?” a new voice asked. Moeka stood next to the table, smiling at Seunghyun.

“The first night Jiyong met Daesung and made an out of himself,” Jessica lied smoothly.

Jiyong pouted, causing Daesung to wrap his arms around him.

 

 

Moeka slid into the booth next to Seunghyun, still smiling. “You look tired. Rough day?” She looked concerned.

“Nope,” Seunghyun replied, taking a wineglass from a passing server. “Tonight has actually been a very good night.”

“Oh? Anything in particular happen?”

Seunghyun smiled to himself. “No, nothing in particular.”

“The amalgamation of many different factors, right?” Jessica asked.

“Wow, that word-a-day calendar has really come in handy,” Jiyong said. Jessica kicked him.

Seunghyun laughed with the others, leaning his head back and closed his eyes. He felt amazing.

 

 

The evening dragged on the same as usual: Moeka was clingy, the others were more fun, Seunghyun drank. Although, he was admittedly trying to drink less so that he wasn't hungover when he went to the bakery for breakfast.

“Would you like to have breakfast with me in the morning?” Moeka's voice crashed through Seunghyun's thoughts.

“Oh, I usually head straight home to sleep,” Seunghyun replied, draining the rest of his drink.

“Really? Because the last few mornings I've noticed you going into a bakery over on Cherry Street.”

A sickening feeling spread through Seunghyun, and a rush of adrenaline shot to his heart. “You were following me?” he asked in disgust.

“No, I just happened to see you and I was going to offer you a ride.”

“Why didn't you call out?” Seunghyun's stomach rolled. He didn't know which was worse- the idea of Moeka following him or the idea that she might find out about Taemin.

“And why more than once?” Jessica asked, disconcerted. Jiyong and Daesung had similar looks on their faces.

“That's a little creepy, Moeka,” Seunghyun replied, pushing away his glass and waving away more.

“Yeah, once is one thing,” Jiyong offered, “but more than once is a little...” he trailed off and made a face.

“Oh, like it's different with you two,” Moeka spat.

Daesung raised his eyebrows and tucked Jiyong into his side. “Actually, it is. My attraction to Jiyong was instantaneous, but to avoid making him uncomfortable, I kept a respectful distance.”

“Until I climbed into your lap and snogged you silly,” Jiyong added helpfully.

Daesung chuckled and kissed Jiyong's forehead. “The point is, I respected Jiyong's boundaries.”

 

 

Chaerin approached the table. “Seunghyun, there's something you need to deal with in your office.”

Seunghyun sighed dramatically but heaved himself out of his chair- anything was better than dealing with Moeka. “Moeka, maybe we should take a break for a couple of days.”

Moeka's eyes widened and she looked panicked. “Seunghyun, I-”

Seunghyun held up his hand. “I'm sorry, but following me more than once is creepy and disconcerting. So I'll see you next week.”

He turned and walked towards his office. Chaerin raised an eyebrow, but Seunghyun brushed her off.

 

 

Seunghyun was surprised to find a nervous looking Minho in his office, wearing a gray suit. “Well, Minho. What brings you here?”

Minho fidgeted, biting his lip. “This is harder than I thought it would be.”

Seunghyun's heart sank. Minho was going to break up with Jonghyun. Jong was going to be devastated. “Just spit it out,” Seunghyun growled.

“I want to marry Jonghyun!” Minho blurted out.

“What?” Seunghyun was startled. “But... are you asking me for permission to marry Jonghyun?”

Minho relaxed. “You know his story; I can't ask his parents. I'm asking you because of how much you mean to him. You've been his father, his brother, and his best friend. He adores you.”

Seunghyun was beyond relieved. He rubbed his face. “What about your parents?”

“When I realized I was serious about Jonghyun, I told them. They were wary, but agreed to meet him. Jonghyun has no guile- I'm not even sure he knows how to play games. He was honest and shy and they adore and accept him. They're excited for me.” Minho smiled softly to himself.

Seunghyun locked his fingers behind his head and leaned back. “What about work? I can't imagine you want him to keep working here.”

“My mother owns a flower shop and he can work there.”

“What does Jonghyun say?”

Minho blushed. “I haven't said any of this. I wanted to talk to you first.”

 

 

Seunghyun didn't respond right away. He already knew how much Minho and Jonghyun loved each other, and and he turned all of this information over in his head. He couldn't really find fault with it. But he had to make the kid sweat a little. “I'll give you my permission on one condition.”

“Anything,” was Minho's quick reply.

Seunghyun warmed at how willing Minho was to do anything to be with Jonghyun. Oh, his little pup was going to be so happy. “Let us throw you a wedding shower.”

Minho chuckled, eyes moist. “Of course.”

 

 

Twenty minutes after Minho left, there was a frantic knocking on Seunghyun's door.

“Come in.”

Jonghyun burst in, his face positively radiant.

Seunghyun couldn't help but smile. “Do you have something you'd like to share, Jonghyun?”

“Did you really give your blessing?” Jonghyun asked breathlessly.

Seunghyun stood and moved from behind his desk. “Of course. Your happiness is important to me.”

Jonghyun launched himself into Seunghyun's arms, sobbing. “I'm gonna miss you.”

“Hey, we'll keep in touch. I have to make sure Minho is taking care of you after all.” Seunghyun lifted his eyes to where Minho stood in the doorway, wearing the biggest, happiest smiled Seunghyun had ever seen on anyone. Yeah, this was definitely the right choice.

 

 

Seunghyun held Jonghyun until he finished crying, running his fingers through his pup's hair. “Since it's your last night here, why don't you go ahead and go home?”

“Are you sure?” Jonghyun asked, wiping his face.

“Absolutely. You have a wedding to plan after all,” Seunghyun kissed Jonghyun's forehead. “You go be happy.”

Jonghyun's smile was blinding as he pulled Minho away.

I'll call you about the shower. Seunghyun mouthed to Minho.

Minho flashed a thumbs up. He ticked Jonghyun into his side and led him away to his new life.