[Act 6]

It's Just A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This day is dragging."  Kyungsoo mutters under his breath, looking up at the clock that hangs wonkily on the wall opposite him. He leans back on his chair, tipping and bouncing himself on its back legs whilst stretching his arms round behind his head. He sighs again, eyes religiously following the slowly ticking second hand. Kyungsoo squeezes his eyes shut, hoping and praying that when he opened them augain it would be five minutes to the end of the lesson.
The first whole day. Of course it would drag. This is not his old, preferred school, and so Kyungsoo is disinterested. He's already studied most of this, and anyway, he doesn't think very highly of the teacher in comparison to his previous teacher whom he idolised with his life. To put it simply: Kyungsoo thinks this school . He tries to think angrily of Chanyeol, whose fault it is that he had to switch schools, but considering their close friendship he is really struggling to be properly cross with the dork. 
Kyungsoo tips his seat back forwards with a thud. He scrambles with his pens, trying to pack away his stationary into his bag but mysteriously fails, dropping a couple on the floor instead. 
Kyungsoo sighs. See, this is exactly the kind of problem he wouldn't have at his old school. Change does prove to be problematic. 
He's creating a scene that is the exact opposite of peaceful and silent, earning pissed off glares from the students around him. Especially the keenest ones. But in Kyungsoo's (not valued at all) opinion, it's a boring class anyway, so he just glares back and carries on shoving stuff in his pencil case. Despite the fact that it's hardly near the end of the lesson yet.
"So, as you all know, the mitochondria is the power house of the cell." the teacher drones, gradually losing the students' focus as he goes on and on. He waves his hands dramatically in the front of the class in an attempt to get their attention, but he seems to be fighting a losing battle.
Kyungsoo sits up, stretching his arms forward and yawns. His now glossy eyes scan the room and focuses on one poster to another whilst his fingers twirl a pen, tapping it against the solid desk and creating a steady beat with it. He grabs another pen, creating a second tune alongside the first and a few taps later, he's already composed a song. Perks of being a music major, huh? What a way to pass the time. He sighs, rubbing his temples. Never once did he find science boring in his old school, as he's always looking forward to getting all the knowledge into his oh-so-beautiful head.
"But why is it boring here?" He mutters to himself, tracing shapes onto the paper with the end of his pen limply. It depresses him: he's always been heavily interested in the sciences.
He looks out the window, watching the birds fly around the buildings. Locking his vision at one of the white birds hovering above a flat roof, he watches it approach a piece of dirty white bread which only God knows how it got there. Kyungsoo shivers. He doesn't want to know how it got there, the thought makes him reel.
"Mr. Do," The teacher coughs and raises his voice in order to get Kyungsoo's attention. Kyungsoo turns to face his teacher slowly, his eyes heavy and bored. "You'll be partnered with Kai, the one next to you." The teacher gestures to Kai in an effort to be helpful. A quick glance to the side sees Kai smiling smugly at the news that they'll be working together for the project they're being set.
Kyungsoo grumbles and rolls his eyes; half at Kai, half at the teacher. The stupid teacher still thinks he doesn't know who Kai is. Sometimes Kyungsoo wishes that was the truth, but Kai seems to be unavoidable in school, always appearing where Kyungsoo is no matter how hard he tries to find a good hiding spot. Kyungsoo can't decide if that's good or not. 
Kyungsoo nods, despite being annoyed, and thinks to himself,  'Out of everyone else, I am with the obnoxious cotton candy boy.'
He glances at his pink haired partner exasperatedly. Kai seems to be fist pumping enthusiastically, although in Kyungsoo's opinion the action is done with so much energy it makes him look like he's having some sort of fit. His face look like he's just won the lottery. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. 'I'm not that exciting', he thinks.
Kai leans his elbow on the back of Kyungsoo's chair casually with a suggestive look on his face. "You're my partner!" he points at Kyungsoo, then at himself, as if Kyungsoo wouldn't be able to get his head around such a confusing concept. "Lucky you." Kai says confidently.
The brown haired musician sighs. "Lucky me indeed." he repeats in a murmur whilst smiling halfheartedly. His enthusiasm is kind of adorable, Kyungsoo allows himself to admit. 
"When should we meet to do the project?" Kai asks, ignoring the lesson now and seeming unfazed by Kyungsoo's unenthusiastic response to the prospect of them working together. To Kai, it's like a dream come true. He always likes working with the precious smaller. It seems he just always likes seeing him. He rests his head on his arm, gazing at Kyungsoo dreamily. 
Kyungsoo simply shrugs. "Dunno." he answers in a voice that's not much more than a whisper. His eyes still focus on the board behind the teacher in a focused effort to not look at Kai, to not stare at his jawline. Not that he would do that, or anything. Kyungsoo coughs, getting rid of such thoughts. 
"How about this weekend?" Kai suggests, his smile still unflinchingly and persistently bright.
"Sure." Kyungsoo replies absentmindedly, still not looking at his science partner.
Sensing that the plans had been made, the two lapse into an only slightly uncomfortable silence. Kyungsoo resumes tapping again, running through the beat he made earlier. Kai watches him closely as Kyungsoo's eyes flick up to the clock every two seconds. Kai chuckles quietly at Kyungsoo's agitation.
Cute.
In an effort to entertain himself, Kai glances at Kyungsoo's notes to check that he hadn't missed anything. He doesn't know what he expects when he looks at Kyungsoo's book - probably row after row of neat handwriting, because Kai thinks Kyungsoo just seems the type - but what he sees is definitely a surprise. 
Because it's not much at all.
Instead of the neat notes he imagined, Kai is seeing maybe a couple of things scribbled down and a cartoon drawing takes up the rest of the page. Kai squints, and sees that the cartoon seems to depict a big eyed stick man hitting a taller stick man with a plastic hammer. Kai would be confused if it wasn't that the taller stick man had hair coloured in red biro. 'It must be me', Kai thinks with a laugh. 
"Huh." The athlete smirks and leans back, crossing his arms over his muscular chest.
Kyungsoo looks up and furrows his eyebrows, confusion written all over his face. 'What's he being smug about this time?' Kyungsoo wonders.
"I've always seen you as the guy that fills up his book with extra notes." Kai says, half smirking, and half being genuinely confused about Kyungsoo's apparent lack of attention to the lesson. 
Kyungsoo stays quiet and pulls his book towards him, covering it with his sleeve as if he's suddenly embarrassed by his notes compared to Kai's. 
The hot pinkeu haired boy sighs before throwing his book onto Kyungsoo's desk, which earns him a confused stare. "Here." Kai says, gesturing towards his book. 
Kyungsoo studies the surprisingly well-written notes and looks up at him after finishing. Nice handwriting, Kyungsoo notes. 
"This..." He says, flicking the pages and smiling slightly. "This is really good." Kyungsoo mentally reminds himself to step up his note taking game to match Kai, because frankly, he feels inferior, and Kyungsoo doesn't like that feeling.
Kai, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly, thanks him happily whilst mentally fist pumping because he didn't expect the compliment. Especially from Kyungsoo.
"Weird." Kyungsoo quietly chuckles, still reading through page after page of neat, loopy writing.
Kai runs his hand through his hair, making it stick up slightly (Kyungsoo doesn't think it's adorable) and raises his eyebrow. "What's weird?"
Kyungsoo turns and looks at him, his chuckle subdues and his expression suddenly becomes serious. 
"I've always seen you as the guy that doesn't fill up their notepad."
Kyungsoo has come to realise that some people do not always follow the regulations of their stereotypes.

-- break tiem es --

Jongdae slides his tray along the bar in the canteen, sidestepping slowly as he points at the food behind the glass; his hands fiddling with the lens cover on his camera due to habit. He purses his lips, unsure whether or not to have a portion of chips. The smell is appealing to his hunger, but they look kinda soggy.
"What are you doing?" Xiumin approaches his confused friend from behind, making him jump slightly in shock. 
Jongdae shakes his head before widening his eyes once he noticed the colour of the chips. If he squints, they almost look yellow, but there's a distinct blue tinge to them that makes Jongdae wrinkle his nose. 
"Well,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter