[Act 3]

It's Just A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That was interesting." Baekhyun mutters as he throws himself down in a booth seat in the nearest bubble tea shop. The rest of the group are already there, having finished giving their tours a while ago. Kai and Luhan look utterly defeated, Lay looks mesmerised, Xiumin looks aroused and Kris... well, he just looks like Kris.
Baekhyun glances around at his friends, brow furrowed. 
"...What's up with you guys?" Baekhyun frowns in suspicion,  sitting down, feeling the weird atmosphere. He clicks at a waitress, and she rolls her eyes before coming over. 
"Order, everyone. It's on me." Baekhyun offers. The waitress sighs irritably, obviously very done with serving people. Her heavy make up indicates she'd much rather be somewhere else right now. 
One after the other the whole group orders until the waitress's paper is full of scribbly drink orders. 
Baekhyun looks her up and down and frowns. "Darling," he leans towards her and taps the table. She looks at him, an eyebrow raised.
"What?" She says, biting her pen. 
Xiumin sniggers and whispers in Luhan's ear. "Is she trying to be seductive?" 
Luhan snorts loudly. 
Baekhyun ignores the idiotic pair and continues to scrutinise the waitress.
He squints to read her name tag. "Ji...Hyo?"
She nods lazily, running a finger along her eyelashes to make them stand up more.
"Well, Jihyo darling. Don't you think this," He gestures to her face. "Is a little too much?" 
"I'll tell my boss you said that. You can pay extra for insulting me." Jihyo says, looking somewhat angry. 
Baekhyun snorts. "You can pay for my glasses when you inevitably blind me with your eyeshadow, then." He says, turning away from her and pulling a face at his friends.
Jihyo just rolls her eyes again and struts away, shoving her paper into her apron. 
"Anyway," Baekhyun laughs, slumping down in his chair slightly. "What happened with you guys?" 
"Nothing much." Luhan and Kai admits, looking down dejectedly at the table in front of them. Kai runs two fingers round the metal edge of the table, sighing. "That's the problem."
Baekhyun sits up and leans on the table. It shifts slightly under his weight as his elbows dig uncomfortably into it. Baekhyun frowns slightly and Xiumin automatically reaches out a hand subconsciously to steady the bouncing surface. "How were your new little friends?" Baekhyun asks in a rather patronising manner seeing as realistically he is about half the size of Chanyeol.
A loud thud erupts from the one side of the booth and all you could see was Luhan with his forehead connected to the surface of the matte, red table with Kai following his hyung not long after. Loud groans erupt from their mouths in exasperation, and the rest of the group get the message that the meetings could have gone a little better for those two, and maybe it was best not to go into too much detail about it.
Baekhyun stares at the two spoons silently for a second and chuckles before saying, "Aaaaanyway... How was yours, Xing? I forgot his name."
Lay blinks at the sound of his name, having previously been daydreaming and not really paying attention to the conversation. "Junmyeon? Oh. He's really cute. He's so creative and so interesting." Lay stares at the ceiling with a slightly infatuated smile, imagining Junmyeon's happy face when he recites Romeo and Juliet. 
Xiumin follows Lay's gaze, his brow furrowed. Why is he staring at the ceiling, Xiumin thinks. What is so interesting about square after square of white? Xiumin shakes his head and brings his vision back to the table.
"What about his Shakespeare addiction?" Kai suddenly lifts up his head with a curious look on his face. His eyes are only half open and his fringe is sticking up in every direction, looking like he's just woken up. If Luhan sat up now too though, he'd look equally as adorably idiotic.
"That's what makes him interesting." Lay blushes, not meeting Kai's eyes and just staring at his thumbs on the table, twiddling them shyly.
Kris snorts and Xiumin smirks. Lay's sudden infatuation with Junmyeon was not being well hidden. 
Kai couldn't help but stare at the blushing unicorn in disbelief and slight disgust at how soft and mushy he is being, but Luhan smiles from where he's lying on the table. He thinks it's cute. Not as cute as Sehun, but it's still cute.
"What?" The black haired boy says, coming back down to earth and noticing the various facial expressions being directed at him from around the table. He shrugs.
Kai looks like he's about to say something else but skilfully Baekhyun interrupts.
"Anyway, what about you, Minnie?" Baekhyun tilts his head towards the oldest hyung, who leans back in his seat slightly.
Xiumin curls up the corners of his lips in a smug smirk and runs his slender fingers through his amethyst locks before sighing.
"He's sooooo hot." He groans as he stretches, running his hands down his face exasperatedly. "I swear his cheekbones are unreal." 
"Who? Jongdae?" Baekhyun raises his eyebrows, not quite seeing how Xiumin thought he was 'so hot'.
"No, your mum. Of course Jongdae!" Xiumin snorts, burying his face in his palms. 
"...He looks like a mushroom, Min." Baekhyun snorts, flipping his hair fabulously in the process, gaining an eye roll from the man.
"How?!" Xiumin exclaims.
"You know," Baekhyun gestures with his hands. "His haircut. Makes his ears stick out." 
Xiumin snorts loudly. "Says you! Your friend - Chanyeol? - has way more stuck out ears than Jongdae!" 
Baekhyun takes offence to that as if someone just called his baby ugly. "How dare? His ears are just fine! Even if they are a little stuck out, it adds to his character." Baekhyun determinedly sticks up for his new 'friend' despite the annoyance Chanyeol caused him. 
Xiumin opens his mouth to make a probably rude retort but Kai cuts in. He could see that if no one interrupted now, Baekhyun and Xiumin would be going at it all evening.
"Aaaanyway, how was it for you, Kris?" Kai says loudly, ignoring the glares Xiumin and Baekhyun sent him. He could feel lasers being sent at him.
"...Fine." Kris states bluntly whilst fiddling with his phone, the statement "delinquent Chanyeol" still occupying his mind from when Tao mentioned it earlier. The fact that Baekhyun was sticking up for him too made him more worried - what if delinquent Chanyeol did something to the small boy? 
Kris frowns to himself, and his silence was taken by the others as the end of that conversation, thankfully for him.
"How was Chanyeol?" Lay moves on.
Kris suddenly twitches involuntarily and clenches his fist. "I must protect everyone and stay away from him." Kris whispers quietly, paranoid thoughts running through his mind.
"He's... Weird." Baekhyun scrunches his nose in irritation or annoyance, creating creases on his forehead.
Xiumin raises his eyebrow, "How come?"
"He's too quiet and clumsy and just.. Just.. Ugh, too much hassle..." Baekhyun complains, waving his hands in the air. 
Luhan lifts his head up from the table. "You didn't think he was cute, hot, or anything, then...?" 
Baekhyun shrugs. "N-no?" He involuntarily stutters. "I don't know."
Luhan sends a meaningful glance to his best friend. "Riiiight..." 
Baekhyun looks like he's about to protest but a waiter clatters over, carrying a precarious tray full of drinks. One has the lid uncapped, and when she arrives Baekhyun reaches for it, recognising the colour of drink he always orders. 
The waiter - a different one to last time, this one's called Nari - moves it out of his reach. She passes all the drinks round, a fake smile plastered to her face. Finally, she takes Baekhyun's drink and goes to pass it to him.
"Hey, aren't you gonna put the lid on that?" Baekhyun protests, blissfully unaware of what is about to happen.
"Oh, sorry." Nari says sarcastically. She pulls the drink back, only to change her mind at the last minute to pour the drink over Baekhyun's hair. 
He shrieks loudly as bubble tea falls all over him. His friends can only stare in awe and laugh loudly at their friends misfortune. 
His fringe sticks to his forehead and sweet drips of juice drip down onto his nose. His face is frozen in a look of utter shock, his hands brought away from his lap yet they still got soaked. 
"What... the ... just happened?" Baekhyun mutters angrily. 
"Don't go round insulting people then." Nari, the waitress, smiles smugly and turns around swaying her hips as she walks away. 
The group fall silent from their chuckling as Baekhyun's face grows dark. He stands up, pushing his chair backwards with a clatter. Taking a firm grip of the nearest drink (it's Kai's) he walks after the waitress. 
"Nobody. Throws bubble tea at Byun Baekhyun and gets away with it!" Baekhyun yells before throwing the contents of Kai's drink and chucking all over the back of the waitress. 
Ah, sweet revenge.

The group had agreed to meet at a food stall in the park. As usual, Sehun was last to arrive. It's not that he is late, he likes to think, it's just that the others are way too early. It's definitely not fifteen minutes after the agreed meeting time, of course. It wasn't his fault that the anime he was watching went on for slightly longer than he anticipated - he totally thought he read that it was 120 minutes on the back of the DVD, but apparently his small understanding of Japanese had betrayed him. 
Sehun flips another page in his manga and proceeds to walk into Junmoney who was standing in front of a food stall with the others.
"Yah!" Junmyeon shrieks as he stumbles backwards under the weight of his best friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter