[Act 4]

It's Just A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How much money are you taking?" Jongdae asks, leaning on the bench and looking into the viewfinder of his camera. "Enough." Kyungsoo quietly answers whilst putting his wallet in his back pocket after checking the amount of money it contained. 

The two boys continues to ponder about today: the much awaited Shopping Day. They list the items they need constantly, mostly consisting of only noodles and bubble tea, and some of Junmyeon's favoured Shakespearean medicinal herbs of course, although who knows where the they can get those in Seoul.
"What are you going to get?" Jongdae stands on his tiptoes, leaning over the breakfast bar to reach his charger.
Kyungsoo shrugs. "Just food probably." he admits, despite them having previously agreed to only get stuff for school.
Jongdae's laugh echoes throughout the kitchen. "Relatable." He agrees as he successfully unplugs the charger and stumbles backwards a bit.
"Tao! Hurry up, we're leaving soon!" Chanyeol yells from the living room, although his eyes are still glued to the television, gaze unmoving from the stupid cartoon. He slowly reaches for another handful of snacks, transfixed.
"Says you, Park Chanyeol. Get up and get ready!" Junmyeon grabs the remote and throws it at Chanyeol's head before making his way into the study. Chanyeol groans loudly before stretching and reluctantly pressing the power button.
Jongdae snickers from the doorway at Chanyeol's misfortune. "Hurry up, Chanyeol, we're leaving soon!" He mocks. 
Chanyeol pulls a face and imitates Jongdae's cackling laugh in return as he stands up. "Shut up."
"Yeah, whatever!" Jongdae shouts from where he disappeared into the kitchen, pressing the red button on his camera surreptitiously. 
The tall panda appears from another room and enters the kitchen and shuffles towards the fridge as quick as he can with the clumsy musician following behind him in curiosity. Tao opens the fridge and looks in it, trying to hide his face from Chanyeol's prying eyes. Kyungsoo stands next to Jongdae in the corner, looking up from under his eyebrows at his best friend and scowling at the sudden disturbance of his peaceful kitchen. Chanyeol raises an eyebrow at Tao.
"Tao..."
"Yes?"
"Why are you wearing sunglasses inside?" Chanyeol asks curiously, leaning on the marble breakfast bar with a eating grin.
"N-no reason..." Tao stutters, his back still to his teasing hyung. Chanyeol grabs an apple from the bowl on the side, and throws it in the air once before circling round the end of the breakfast bar and smirking.
"Tao-ya!" Chanyeol shouts, running up behind Tao suddenly and attempting to grab the sunglasses before Tao can react. Tao shrieks and swats Chanyeol away with flappy diva hands. Chanyeol laughs loudly.
"I have swollen eyes, okay! I just woke up!" Tao jumps into a defensive stance.
The three other boys exchange confused glances, all of them scoffing at Tao's endless vanity. "Doesn't he always have puffy eyes though?" Kyungsoo murmurs quietly to Jongdae, who consequently snorts in laughter. 
"Plus, it makes me look mysterious in my selfies." Tao continues, pouting slightly and holding his hand out as if he was taking a selfie. Jongdae snorts again, grinning at Tao's antics.
"You need to stop taking pictures of yourself and start taking pictures of an actual view." Chanyeol sighs, wishing Tao would actually put effort into his major. 
"Nothing is as pretty as me though." Tao preens. 
Silence falls across the room, no input from anyone except for a face from the other three that says 'here we go again'. 
"I'm joking." Tao shakes his head in dismissal. "I'll try to find something as pretty as me I guess--" he starts before a loud thud emerges from the living room, making the floor vibrate. Someone, who sounds suspiciously like Sehun, starts yelling at his 'hyung' in retaliation to the assault.
"No, you cannot bring twelve volumes! No-- Sehun--- you put that book down, young man!" The clear, and attempted authoritative voice of Junmyeon rings out across the flat. 
"Hyung!" Sehun whines.
"No!" Junmyeon insists. "I'm putting this away! Go grab your wallet or something useful!" 
The four boys gathered in the kitchen wince slightly as the sound of ripping material sounds. "That's another pair of Jun's trousers ruined," Jongdae mutters as he edges towards the door to watch the mishap. "I warned him to stop bugging Sehun about the manga." 
Sehun yells again. "hYUNG!"
"Hark thee, noodle! Followeth mine words!" Junmyeon protests. Jongdae laughs. 
"Give it back!" Sehun flails at Junmyeon from his place on the floor, Junmyeon holding the manga above his head. If Sehun wasn't so lazy, he'd have got up to retrieve it.
"No! Thou hast to cease! It's not valorous for thee!" Junmyeon pouts angrily and taps Sehun's head with the manga as a sort of punishment.
"HYUNG!" Whilst Junmyeon spouts his extended vocabulary, Sehun seems to have forgotten all other words.
"Tis sooth the horror!" [translation: it is literally ] Junmyeon yells as a final word, causing Sehun to throw an upset - almost heartbroken - glance at his best friend before leaving the room. 
Another thud reverberates, this time clearly from a slammed door. Jongdae presses the button on his camera again, regretting switching it on in the first place, before looking at Kyungsoo awkwardly. The owl like boy joins Jongdae in the doorway and peeks his head into the room.
"E-everything cool?" He stutters, looking around nervously. He didn't really want to bother his hyung that turns into an actual Shakespearean when he's angry.
Junmyeon sighs exasperatedly. "Yes, everything's cool." He says, smoothing out the slightly crumpled manga he holds in his hand and looking at it in despair.
Sehun appears again and swiftly pulls his bag on his shoulders. He's not buried in a manga this time around, and Chanyeol is pretty sure the maknae doesn't even have any in his bag. It looks empty. That's how you know that he's upset. When the maknae doesn't have his trusty manga, something has really annoyed him. Sehun walks past Junmyeon and goes to stand next to Chanyeol, the person he is closest to next in the group. Chanyeol throws a comforting arm round the stoney faced maknae.
"Let's just go." Junmyeon murmurs into the silence, turning to the door and pulling the key from it. Jongdae frowns, following the downcast man. Chanyeol knits his eyebrows together, shooting a concerned look towards Jongdae who simply shakes his head as a reply and smiles to reassure his fellow associate that everything is and will be fine. Kyungsoo glances at Chanyeol and Sehun, subconsciously sticking with the maknae because his best friend is. He does feel bad for the noodle, but can't really sympathise when he too finds the weeaboo's addiction rather irritating at points. Sehun approaches the front door with Chanyeol by his side and exits, not saying a word to anyone and still not reading, his eyes are focused on everything else but his prized manga that is not even between his palms.
"Let's not waste time." The maknae states sternly, continuing to walk away. Only Chanyeol followed, everyone else slightly cautious of Sehun's mood, and Junmyeon just generally anxious.
"Come on. We can't miss the bus, it'll be devastating for all of us." He continues dramatically. Chanyeol pinches Sehun's cheek in awe of the younger.
Tao turns his head and faces his hyungs, slightly in awe of how controlled Sehun is. "How come he's more fabulous than us even when he's angry and walking?" He mutters.

"Go fish, loser." The youngest flicks his soft pink hair confidently as he points at the pile of cards on the table in front of him.
The group are sat round the big table, some engrossed in their favourite card game, as they have been for a while now. 
"Whatever," Kris scoffs, picking up an ace of spades. "Your turn."
Xiumin leans over casually, looking over Kris' broad shoulders, and analyses his cards.
"Kris," He begins to snicker. "What are you trying to do?"
"Hyung. I got this, alright. I'm winning!" Kris reassures his hyung with a confident smile and a pat on the cheek.
"Whatever you say, 'Laxy." Xiumin chuckles, before glancing at Luhan who's in his own world concentrating on building a house of cards. Luhan hums to himself. "Tto witaerowo tto wiheomhae~" He sings under his breath. Xiumin recognises the tune immediately as Luhan's favourite song at the moment - House Of Cards by the rookie group that are slaying at the moment: BTS. Excitedly, Xiumin jumps on his friend to help him build the card house. Well. He would have done, if he hadn't accidentally knocked it all down in the process.
Luhan sighs deeply, engulfing his forehead with the palms of his hands. "Two hours, hyung. Two. ing. Hours." He seethes almost. 
The oldest boy covers his mouth in disbelief with slight sarcasm. "Lu ge~ I'm sorry~" He coos, throwing his arms around the deer-man's shoulders in an attempt to reconcile with his best friend.
"Do you really think that by doing aegyo you can get out of things?!" Luhan snaps, trying to shove Xiumin's clingy arms from around him.
"Woah there, Lu baby. I don't THINK that I can," The human equivalent to a lilac candy floss raises his arms defensively. "I KNOW I can." He smirks, earning a frown from Luhan, who folds his arms across his chest.
"I will fight you." Luhan threatens.
Xiumin smiles brightly. "Bring it on, Lulu."
"Come on then, dumpling!" Luhan says, shoving Xiumin playfully, but causes him to fall backwards onto the nearest sofa.
Xiumin grins and grabs Luhan, pulling him down with him. "Yo, it's steamed bun, get your facts right." He clarifies. 
"I will steam your buns if you don't shut the up." Luhan growls, trying to shove himself off Xiumin, but to no avail.
"...iNNUENDO." Xiumin shrieks with laughter. Luhan sighs at his childish friend.
"Yah, you guys. Stop it!" Kai shouts out, throwing a cushion in their direction, hitting both of them as a result. "You're interrupting our game." 
"Shut up, Nini." The oldest (and supposedly most mature) pair barks simultaneously.
"Don't call me Nini." Kai grumbles, throwing pouty death glares at the older hyungs who have resumed their stupid fight. 
"Check mate." Kris blurts out, throwing his arms behind his head in celebration, causing cards to rain down on the table. Kai suspects they were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter