[Act 1]

It's Just A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

", Chanyeol, man." Jongdae says. Chanyeol chuckles awkwardly and runs a dusty hand through his singed hair. He pulls his glasses off his face and wipes the black smudges off them. The stench of noodles is strong in the air and Sehun's now empty aerosol can is lying half a meter away from the group in a pile of ashy debris. "What have you done?" 
Junmyeon rolls his eyes. "Villain, what hast thou done?" He recites, gazing off into the distance theatrically.
Sehun slaps his best friend round the back of the head with a rolled up manga, causing him to stumble forwards. "Stop quoting Shakespeare, hyung." he sighs.
Junmyeon scoffs. "Titus Andronicus was a masterpiece I'll have you know." he mumbles, knowing his younger friend would never truly understand.
Kyungsoo falls to his knees, letting out a loud sob. "My school!" he cries. Chanyeol bites his lip: he didn't mean for it to end like this, and he knows how much his best friend likes this school. He reaches down and awkwardly pats his friends back. 
"I'm sorry, Soo." he says, surveying the scene around him.
Sure, when he woke up this morning Chanyeol definitely didn't expect to burn his school down. He still doesn't really know how it happened - apart from the fact that there was an explosion and he got covered in half cooked noodles.
The school is now in varying stages of destruction: the science block is almost completely gone, whereas the English block is still relatively usable.
"Hey," Chanyeol chirps. "At least Sehunnie and Junmyeon will be able to attend their classes." 
The literature majors turn to look at Chanyeol, eyebrows raised. Kyungsoo snorts from his place on the floor. "Are you kidding me? This place is a major health hazard. They're not gonna let anyone else in at all." He ends his sentence with a sob; he couldn't bear the thought of having to part ways with his beloved school. No more of the lovely Professor Jang teaching him how to hit the perfect high notes. No more staying late in the pretty practice room that's great for vocals. Kyungsoo buries his face in his hands - he might as well be dead. 
He throws himself at Chanyeol, hitting the giant on the arm repeatedly. "Why, Chan? Why have you done this to me?" 
Chanyeol grabs Kyungsoo's tiny hands in one of his big ones. "Hey. We don't know for sure its me." He lies, knowing that him and his friends are the only ones that really know that it was definitely Chanyeol.
Jongdae pockets his camera with a sigh. Kyungsoo should really have taken the acting major, not music, he thinks to himself. 
Jongdae likes to film. He films everything: birthday parties, his friends, and now his school being burnt down. Because of this none of his friends dare cross him - who knows what footage he's captured of them in their worst situations. He's got at least three full length videos of Chanyeol's drunk karaoke. 
Tao swans up to them. "Hey guys." 
Jongdae laughs at him. "Where have you been?"
Tao frowns nervously and tries to hide his phone behind his back. "The toilet, of course." 
Kyungsoo raises a judging eyebrow. "The toilets were burnt down, ." He says, having watched the cleanest toilets a school could have melting. 
Tao laughs awkwardly. "Oh yeah."
"You were taking selfies, weren't you?" Jongdae asks. Tao nods sheepishly. "How are you ever gonna be a scenery photographer if you can't stop taking pictures of yourself?" 
"But hyung~" Tao whines. "I am the view." 
Chanyeol howls with laughter, clapping loudly.
Just after they all laughed, reality hits them again as they looked around the laboratory. Frowning, 
"Well, moving school it is then." Jongdae blurts out, nodding heads following afterwards.


"Dammit, Sehun! You're supposed to put SCHOOL books, not COMIC books!" Junmyeon nags the silver haired male.
Sehun replies with a grunt, like always, and grabs his bag, swinging it over his shoulders, still with his nose stuffed in the book he's reading: Naruto Shippuden volume 72. 
Yeah, Junmyeon finds it impressive how Sehun can multitask like that, but that's really not the point right now.
Whilst Junmyeon continues to lecture the young weeabo on what is the correct equipment for school, everyone does their own thing. Chanyeol is sitting on the blue bean bag in front of the TV screen that is brighter than my future, playing a game of Mario Kart whilst the tall panda whines about how he's in seventh place. Kyungsoo meticulously places a slice of bread on top of the layer of lettuce and bacon in the kitchen, concentrating on nothing else but the lunch he's currently packing. Jongdae was fiddling with his bag which contains camera gears, spare batteries, extra memory cards and camera chargers only. Because who needs school books when you have your camera, right?
"Come on, guys, let's not be late on our first day!" Jongdae shouts from the hall as he pulls his shoes on.
"But I'm winning!" Tao whines, still sitting in front of the television. Chanyeol snorts loudly.
Chanyeol presses the power switch and turned off the PlayStation, holding in his laughter as Tao shoots him a look of disgust whilst shaking his head. Chanyeol bursts out laughing as he swings his bag onto his back.
"Tao-yah! You were on twelfth place! How the hell is that winning?" Kyungsoo says, hitting him on the back of his head as he passes the tall boy.
"Hyung, can we go now? Junmyeon won't stop reciting Midsummer Night's Dream." Sehun says, his eyebrows knitted together in annoyance but still mostly focused on his book.
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind." Junmyeon strolls out of the lounge whilst holding a piece of paper.
All eyes were on the Shakespeare enthusiast, except Sehun's of course. The silence was broken by the sound of Chanyeol's hand contacting his forehead in a slightly over dramatic facepalm.
"...what?" Junmyeon asks, completely oblivious to everyone's exasperation.
"Let's just go." Jongdae says, opening the door and pulling out his camera.


"I’ll follow thee and make a heaven of hell,
To die upon the hand I love so well." Junmyeon recites passionately.
"You'll die upon the hands of mine in a minute if you don't shut the up." Jongdae groans for the nth time already that day, looking into the viewfinder

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter