[Act 2]

It's Just A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun rolls his eyes as the two polar opposite groups stare at each other warily and shuffle their feet. He didn't know his friends could be so socially awkward in front of people. It's funny, but the silence is getting uncomfortable, and therefore Baekhyun concludes that if no one else will talk, he will have to. He walks forward. "So," Baekhyun says, rubbing his hands together and eyeing up the other group. "I guess we better pair up to be tour guides."

"That'll be good." Jongdae mutters, looking at his camera, but it's obvious his rolling his eyes. He would've offered to pair them up, especially so he wouldn't have to go with that (y) creepy guy over there who's currently eyeing him up, but he has his camera so priorities. 

Murmurs rumble round the group approvingly, happy that someone's taken charge, even if it is Baekhyun. 
"Who's going with who?" Xiumin asks, smiling hopefully Jongdae's way. Xiumin really wants to go with that cutie, but of course it's not obvious. I mean, no one noticed the eye ing, right? Of course not...
"How about you guys go with each other?" Baekhyun gestures towards Xiumin and Jongdae, smirking. Minseok fist pumps the air in happiness, and Jongdae snorts at him before holding his camera up and fiddling with the settings. "Kai and Kyungsoo, Lay and Shakespeare nerd, Kris, you go with tall panda. Luhan you go with--" 
"I'll go with Sehun." Luhan offers, raising his hand. Sehun barely glances up at the mention of his name, and his face remains stoney and blank as his eyes flick across the page. Luhan smiles almost timidly nonetheless, determined to learn more about the silent weeaboo.
"Sure, and I'll go with him." Baekhyun finishes, pointing towards the black haired noodle who blinks a few times, looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights.
"O-okay!" Chanyeol stutters, blushing.
"Tch, of course he would." Kai murmurs into Kris' ear, and the latter sniggers. Baekhyun's thing for taller guys with deep voices wasn't unknown between the group; in fact Baekhyun had announced it quite loudly when they first met.
Baekhyun tilts his head and faces Kai, furrowing his eyebrows. Clearly he overheard Kai's snide comment, and takes a small step towards the dancer, who folds his arms and smirks. "Do you wanna fight? Cause I will fight you." Baekhyun threatens.
"Bring it on, Bacon, your noodle arms ain't got no on me." Kai retorts, a playful smile on his face.


They leave soon after that, Baekhyun dragging Chanyeol out of the head teachers office before any damage came to his perfect face.
"So, what course did you take?" Baekhyun says, breaking the silence that had overcome them. Chanyeol's awkwardness became even more apparent around people like Baekhyun: loud, outgoing people tended to make him look even more of a mess.
"Uh... I... Music." Chanyeol replies nervously, pushing his square nerdy glasses up his nose, a nervous habit he picked up in his high school years.
"Really? Me too! I guess we'll be seeing each other a lot, huh?" The blond ball of energy says to the now slightly pink Chanyeol. Chanyeol nods nervously in reply, not quite knowing how he should act around this boy.
Baekhyun shakes his head at Chanyeol, almost despairingly.
"Anyway, that's the maths and science building, sports, literature and that's our building: performing arts. You don't want to go in the maths and science building in the morning cause it's full of early nerds. Sports, you'll just come across Kai, Uminnie and Luhan. But the rest of us will be around performing arts. Got it?" Baekhyun says, hands moves around in every direction. Chanyeol's eyes desperately try to follow the erratic movements, trying to map out the jumble of buildings into his head and failing miserably. He almost stumbles from trailing his feet on the gravelly ground.
"U-uh..."
"Do you not talk or something?" Baekhyun interrupts, walking in front of Chanyeol.
The tall boy stops abruptly, almost over balancing from trying not to step on the shorter's small feet.
Chanyeol blushes again and bites his lip, hiding his eyes under his fringe. "Oh, no, I-I'm just--" he starts to say as the shorter turns, before being cut off by his books slipping out of his arms in his true clumsy dork nature.
Baekhyun frowns and crosses his arms.
"Sure, whatever, let's go." He says, seemingly annoyed, paying no attention to the stressful situation happening behind him.
"W-wait up!" Chanyeol shouts, frantically trying to grab stuff from the ground and only causing everything to slip to the dusty floor again.
Way to go, Chanyeol thinks. Great job on trying to impress him.


"Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly. Then your love would also change." Junmyeon recites dramatically, waving his arms around wildly as him and Lay wander through the halls.
"Wow, how do you do that? Like... Remember it word by word?" Lay questions, seeming genuinely fascinated by Junmyeon's weird ability to quote the bard.
"...I don't know." Junmyeon replies, looking at his feet and smiling shyly.
Lay looks at the shorter brunette and chuckles, wondering aloud how the advanced literature geek does not have an answer for such a simple question when he can do other such complex things. 
"It's just... Nobody cares about it so I don't get asked a lot." Junmyeon says embarrassedly, scratching his neck.
"Really? But it's so interesting!" Lay exclaims encouragingly. He shoves his hands in his jeans pockets as they stroll, feeling more and more comfortable with the eccentric man as the minutes tick by.
"... You really think so?" Junmyeon asks, looking up at Lay hopefully.
Nodding enthusiastically, Lay shoots another smile at the now shy brunette, making sure that he knows how much he likes it. Junmyeon grins at this, and stops hunching over like he normally does to shy away from other people who might judge him for his passion.
"How do you remember lines then?" Lay asks, still smiling, and Junmyeon notices dimples denting the dancers cheeks. They're cute, he thinks suddenly.
"Um... I guess it's not about remembering, it's about living the character. You can be anything!" Junmyeon exclaims and grins.
"Oh my god." Lay whispers, an idea forming in his mind.
Junmyeon frowns. "What? What is it--" 
"I can be a unicorn!" Lay shouts, stopping in his tracks in the hallway.
Junmyeon stops, his mouth hanging open, dumbfounded at this side of the dancers personality, before it morphs into a wide smile and a laugh sounds.
Lay gallops in circles around Junmyeon, pretending he's been what he's always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter