Unexpected Encounter

Christmas Eve
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vernon's P.O.V.


"Who's there?" a small cuddly boy opened the door and invited me in.
I left my shoes at the shoe rack just beside the entrance and sat on the sofa.
Seungkwan walked out of an overdecorated room with multicolored icing covering his face and clothes.
"Uhmm Good evenin"
"Evenin', what brought you here?"
"I think you left something on your backyard last night so I came to return it" I handed him a gift box with red wrapper and green ribbons.
Seungkwan opened the gift box and to his surprise..
"Omo my bracelet, guess this is why I felt so empty earlier. Thank you so much"
"Your welcome, but there's more" 
Seungkwan had a puzzled look and starred at me.
"Really?"
I nodded my head and told him to remove the second layer of Styrofoam inside the box.
"Aigoo are you kimbap kidding? I've been wanting this ring since forever, is this really for me!?" he started jumping up and down and kept on shouting.
"Yes, I thought that it suit you and I really felt bad about the trouble we brought you yesterday so I wanted to repay you with anything I could do. I'm really sorry about the snowman and everything"
Seungkwan smiled brightly at me, it looked like he was enlightened about something, so I'm guessing he knew I did the rebuilding of snow sculpture and said thank you for a thousand times.
"I forgot to ask, I didn't have the chance to ask your name yesterday"
"It's .. " before I could speak up, Seungkwan's friend DK came and brought us blue berry cakes to eat.
"Sorry for the delay" DK gave me the saucer and poured me a glass of orange juice.
"Hey your that dude yesterday, it's nice to see you again" as he reached out his hand to me.
DK and I shook hands and in no time, we three became friends. It was easy getting along with them and both of their capacity to make lame jokes seem to have to no end.
They are very similar to my own friends, it's just that their jokes aren't R like Hoshi and Jun.
I enjoyed my stay there and by the the time I noticed the my phone vibrating with 30 missed calls, I was late for uncle Doogi's house, Jun and Hoshi were already leaving the house with my car keys.
"Hey wait up!" I ran towards them and fortunately, those goofballs heard me for once. We drove our way to uncle Doogi's, exchanged gifts, had noche buena together with my cousins and other relatives.
I could say that that was the best Christmas ever.
I felt so blessed, getting to eat meals with my dad, meeting awe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter