6: No. (Yes, Yes, Yes)

Submission

tumblr_inline_o27szsplH51txbnb0_540.png

 

이별의 길

 

“Tell me to stop,” he mumbles, lips just a breath away from yours and it takes all his will power not to surge forwards, “Please tell me to stop.” Why? Because this is dangerous and his heart is beating out of sync and he wants this way too ing bad for it be healthy.

 

Your eyes are fixated on the soft rose color of his bottom lip, on the way he pulls it in his mouth to bite on it in a nervous tick, “No.”

 

The last inch closes in a second, his arms pulling you up to meet his face and his body instantly molding to fit yours. It’s not unlike drowning, this feeling of being so close; his entire body feels as if it’s on fire, his head is light, his stomach churns, but something about the way his entire being aches sends adrenaline pumping through his veins and Jungkook was always an excellent swimmer. He uses his height advantage to trap you between his body and the kitchen counter, dipping down to nip at the collarbone that’s peeking above the overly large shirt. His shirt. The thought has him pulling at the fabric to expose more of your chest, and he trails his hot kisses dangerously low… A whine from above draws his attention, and his gaze lifts to meet yours.

 

What the am I doing? But you stopped caring about rationality the second the glint in his dark eyes shifted, when he asked for goddamn permission, stiffened and paused before claiming your lips. “,” you sigh as you reach out to pull his face up to yours. His lips are chapped but still thicker and softer than imaginable; you bite down roughly on the lower one and they part easily, a ragged breath escaping as they do. This is probably moving too fast and it’s so stupidly reckless and impulsive, but you can’t help that it feels so perfect. Jungkook relaxes as your tongue slips into his mouth, content to allow you to roam and prod. You feel slowly along the edge of his bottom gum, just across the front of his teeth, before reaching in farther to trace on the inside ridge where his wisdom tooth would be. The angle makes your tongues brush together and the sensation has the other snapping out of his daze. He straightens and presses back at your tongue with his own, pinning it down along the floor of his mouth before sensually rubbing the bottom of his against the rough surface of yours.

 

After a second he breaks away in favor of nosing at your neck and in his head he’s planning where he’ll put his mark one day. “I want you,” he mumbles into the warmth, “I-” he looks up abruptly, “Say my name,” he commands, gaze locked on your face. At the whispered syllables his eyes flutter shut and his hips subconsciously jut forward. “Again, please.” This time he intentionally grinds down on you, the beginning of a soft moan slipping out when his mouth drops open. “Can we-” he breaks off again to rub his face into the bend of your neck and it’s strangely submissive despite the fact that he’s also asking you to bend over for him. Submissive. It’s like cold water being poured over your head and you can’t help but flinch back from his roaming hands.

 

“I- no, we- I told you about this before-” No. The hurt that flashes across his face makes you feel guilty for pulling away, but, god, this is so wrong despite how good his lips feel on your skin. “We should,” you shuffle awkwardly from out of the cage he’s made with his arms and a couple feet away, mortification squeezing the air out of your lungs and gripping tighter and tighter for every step you take away. “I- We shouldn’t have- This whole thing is… is wrong, Jungkook. I’m sorry. I s-shouldn’t have-” Shouldn’t have what? Kissed him? Definitely. Agreed to give him a chance? You’re still not sure about that one. He stands at the awkward distance you’ve created, silently watching your mental breakdown from the other side of the room as he waits for an explanation. His stance is guarded but defeated as if he’s been expecting this realization to hit you for a while. “We’re both alphas, Jungkook. I-I have to inherit a company and I have to remain an alpha to do so. I can’t just throw everything away. I- I worked hard to get to where I am and dammit I can’t let you ruin everything that I’ve accomplished.” You look everywhere but at him, trying to piece together what you’re thinking in a way that halfway resembles logical. “Really, I’ve thought about it and I just can’t, okay.”

 

“Why did you give me a chance then?” his voice is hollow, no accusation behind it, just a faint wetness that sounds too much like oncoming tears. “Why did you say yes? It’s been two ing months and I’ve been considerate of your worries, working to convince you that they’re just ty excuses, that we could work if you’d stop pushing me away and in the end you’re doing just that.” He steps closer as he talks, “Baby, you don’t have to be afraid. We’ll work this out, I promise.” And in your experience promises are broken not kept, so you take a step in the opposite direction.

 

“And how do you suppose we ‘work this out,’ huh?” you tone is mocking, defenses slowly rising the angrier you get at yourself. “The only way this works out is if I submit and that would mean I lose everything.”

 

You lose everything?” he scoffs, “And what do you suppose would happen to my pack if I decided that I didn’t feel like succeeding my father because my mate expects me to submit to her. My female mate at that.” This time he’s walking away from you and around the counter to rip open the refrigerator. There’s nothing inside of it so he only stares blankly for a second before slamming it closed again. “Like,” he spins around on his heel, voice cracking, “what the literal do I have to do to get through to you?”

 

Your heart sinks at the way his arms flail and fall limply at his sides in frustration. “Honestly... I don’t even know.” At this he huffs and stalks off into the back of his house where you recall his room being. Damn. . You sink slowly onto the couch that’s conveniently below you or else you would have probably curled up into a ball on the floor. He’s absolutely right; this doesn’t make sense. Why did you agree to give him a chance when you knew the end result couldn’t be any better than this? He looked like a kicked puppy. In the weeks before you agreed to give the younger a chance, he’d quite literally look like . It wasn’t obvious - he made sure that anytime your gaze was on him to be smiling and winking in an overly suggestive manner, that when he had free time, it was spent pestering the hell out of you for a “business” breakfast/lunch/dinner. But it was when you saw him sag out of the corner of your eye after you refused his advances again, how his smile was a little too stiff when you quickly parted ways after shooting down his proposed hug, that had moved you to give him a chance. That and the way his stupid smile follows you around and taunts you even when he is nowhere in sight, miles away. Something about Jungkook makes you curious to find out more, namely, why he is so set on the idea of being mates. The word always makes your tongue itch. Mates. It’s a touchy subject and it’s also one that the other is so hell bent on cropping up every other minute. Noona, would it really be so bad? Everyone would accept you into our pack; my hyung already really likes you. We’d have each other at least, even if everyone else disagrees. I know you hate this idea, but please just give me a chance.  I’m so sure about this…

 

“I like you.” The sudden intrusion makes you jolt up on the couch. “I like you, (Y/N), I really do.” His speech is rushed and his hands clench and unclench as he begins reciting what he’s apparently been thinking over in the next room, “I know you say that you’re against this, that you don’t see this going anywhere, but I think it is. I think that that’s why you’re freaking out right now. Because in the back of your head you hoped that it wouldn’t so that you wouldn’t have to deal with your feelings and would be free to keep hiding them away and pretending that you’re indifferent to the the entire ing world cause that’s exactly like you.” He pauses and his lips as if waiting for you to stop him. You don’t. “And you might hate me for asking you to make decisions like this, because who the am I and you were fine before I came in flipping stuff right side up. I’m like twelve years old and, oh my god, I irritate the out of you on purpose just to see how much I can get away with and you really do put up with it even though I know you’re a second away from punching me in the throat. I didn’t even know what pining meant until my hyung called me out for it and I had to look it up online and, yeah, it was a pretty accurate description of my entire existence, but I didn’t and don’t care,” he pauses to gasp for air, tone softening as he powers on, “because I’m completely, undeniably in love with you, you stubborn piece of .” The insult is bs too.“And I know you feel the same way about me.” He sits down beside you, looks directly into your eyes, “So can’t we just worry about tomorrow when it gets here?”

 

Q_VJYHrx-W3GRt-7LxlPZpzxv0sBknyn-ycKUx3J

 

 

“You look… pleased, all things considered.” Yoongi observes Jungkook skeptically as he plops down next to him at the bar. He called the other up just to talk, missing the brash wisdom that the other gushes.

 

“I’m okay,” he shrugs, “As okay as I could be, I suppose.” Things are back to square one, but Jungkook is still satisfied. “We’re taking the good ol’ denial approach and just ignoring things until they become a real problem.” He smiles dopily into his drink, taking a small sip of the cocktail. “It’s immature, sure, but I’m happy, hyung. Really ing happy.”

 

“Hmm,” the elder nods, “Well that’s good then. It’ll work out, kid. I’m sure of it.” A pat falls on Jungkook’s shoulder and he he looks up to grin at the other. “Just take it one day at a time.”

 

 

 

From: [Kid]

To: [Me]

Do you have time? Let’s meet up, noona (●⌒∇⌒●)

It looks like me hahahahaja

 

From: [Princess Noona]

To: [Me]

I have to finish up some stuff first… Give me a couple of hours?

What do you wanna do exactly?

I’m not going anywhere near the lake again.

I still have a bruise on my .

 

From: [Kid]

To: [Me]

It’s your fault for pushing off so hard, dummy

And it’s a surprise //wink wink//

Excited?

 

From: [Princess Noona]

To: [Me]

Ecstatic.

Feel my sarcasm.

 

From: [Kid]

To: [Me]

Ya. It’ll be fine, don’t worry.

I’ll pick you up? Two hours? Got it. ᵔᴥᵔ

 

Somehow you end up crammed in between a family with way too many kids and Jungkook who’s standing directly behind you literally bouncing with excitement. You’re 10 minutes from the front of line for the theatre. What the , this isn’t even a ride. “I knew I should have snuck out the back door,” you lament, shaking your head slowly in fake regret, “I could have been somewhere sleeping right now, not fighting six-year-olds for a turn on Kumamon’s lap.”

 

“Hey,” he objects, fire in his eyes, “The little witch had it coming.”

 

So maybe the first part of the afternoon was spent apologizing to some girl’s parents for her “slip” that occurred a minute after she angrily stomped on your foot for taking too long in the photo booth, but the second half has been undeniably fun. Jungkook acts as a tour guide as you walk through the park and fill up on over-priced food, insisting that you go on every single ride including the one that left your shoes soaked from all of the water that flooded your little raft. Time creeps by and as the sun begins to sink below the horizon he reaches out to grab ahold of your hand. “There’s one last thing we have to do,” he smiles shyly. His hand is warm. Your face is warmer. “The line is a little long, but it’s worth the wait, promise.” And it’s an hour of being blatantly stared at by the kid in front of you, so you shuffle into the huge room a little peeved.

 

The first thing that catches your attention as how massive the room is. It isn’t shaped like the kind of room you’d see in a movie theatre, but in a giant sphere, each wall sloping upwards to where the entire ing sun blares down on you. “Holy , Jungkook. What the heck is this?”

 

He smirks at the your awe-struck face, “It’s a planetarium. And that,” he points to the top of the dome, “Is the sun.” Your head snaps back down and you throw an elbow in his general direction. The two of you settle towards the front of the theater - the perfect spot according to him.

 

“Gamma Aquilae is a relatively young star with an age of about 100 million years. Nevertheless, it has reached a stage of its evolution where it has consumed the hydrogen at its core and expanded into what is termed a bright giant star, with a stellar classification of K3 II. The star is now burning and converting helium into carbon in its core. After it has finished generating energy through nuclear fusion, Gamma Aquilae will become a white dwarf.”

 

“Pssst,” You lean over and rest your head on his shoulder because it makes it easier to whisper in his ear. Easier. Yeah. “What the heck does that mean?”

 

He smiles and rests his cheek on your forehead. “It’s really, really dense,” he whispers back, “I’m sure you can relate.” That marks the seventeenth elbow thrown today. The display really is breathtaking, though half what the presenter is saying sounds like a different language. There are a billion and one stars shining above you and Jungkook has you tucked into his side because it’s cold! and really they’re the most beautiful things you’ve ever seen.

 

There are two myths associated with the constellation Delphinus: In one, the dolphin constellation represents Poseidon’s messenger. When the sea god courted the nymph Amphitrite, one of the Nereids, she resisted his advances and took refuge among her sisters.”

 

The brat’s side-eyeing you. “Don’t even,” you deadpan.

 

“...Poseidon sent messengers to find her and bring her to him, among them a dolphin. The dolphin found the nymph, soothed her and brought her back to the god. The two were later married. Poseidon decided to honour the dolphin and placed his image among the stars...

 

“I-” he starts.

 

“No.”

 

“Hey! Just listen,” he laughs, “I-”

 

“I’m leaving,” but you you don’t move from your seat. It’s too comfortable.

 

“I was just gonna say,” he pauses as he shifts to look down at your face, “That I’ve always wanted a dolphin.”

 

Q_VJYHrx-W3GRt-7LxlPZpzxv0sBknyn-ycKUx3J

 

A/N

The first ¾: Colors

The last ¼: Freely

Wow. This chapter got a little long ^///^

I stole the star mumbo jumbo from wikipedia. I tried to look up and research stuff, but I had no idea what I was reading lol. I tried to make the ending light hearted; I wanna write some teeth rotting fluff for chapter next :D Now I’m off to do the mountain of homework I’ve been avoiding all this time. Joy. Feel the sarcasm.

 

78ef81f0dfb1e3ae387750bfff1b39cd.gif

 

Q_VJYHrx-W3GRt-7LxlPZpzxv0sBknyn-ycKUx3J