Kim Taeyeon is Annoyed.

Turn Back Time

“Room…401…room…401…4….0….ah!” Taeyeon yelped and stumbled backwards, her books flew out of her arms. She closed her eyes tightly and bit the bottom of , expecting and waiting for her to hit the hard floor but it never came. She cracked open her left eye and instantly made eye contact with Kai, “ah!” she yelped once more before jumping out of Kai’s arms.

“Are you okay?” Kai asked, watching Taeyeon as she spun around and bent down to pick up her things. Kai walked over in front of her and crouched down to help her with her things, “here,” he handed Taeyeon’s red notebook. Taeyeon glanced up at Kai through her fringes and snatched the notebook out of his hands. Kai watched as Taeyeon stood back up and shifted in her standing position. He stood up as well and cleared his throat, sticking both of his hands into his pants pocket, “why didn’t you…”

“Ah I’m late!” Taeyeon shouted before brushing passed Kai. Quickly, Kai grabbed her by the arm and forced her to spin around to face him, “what’s with you? Let go of my arm,” she demanded.

“Kim Taeyeon, why are you avoiding me?” Kai asked, refusing to let go of the shorter ones’ arm. Taeyeon heaved out an annoyed sigh and stared right into Kai’s eyes.

“Because,” she began, “I have nothing to say to you.”

“But I have a lot to say to you,” he said.

“Well I don’t, so let me go,” she demanded.

“No,” Kai replied back.

“Kai?” A voice from behind him called. Kai immediately let go of Taeyeon’s arm and turned around, “ah I knew it was you,” a cute girl with black short hair ran up to him and immediately clung onto his arm, “hm? Who’s this?” she asked, eyeing Taeyeon up and down.

“Jisoo, this is…”

“Kim Taeyeon,” Taeyeon introduced herself, sticking a hand out to the girl. Jisoo stared at Taeyeon’s hand for a split second before taking it.

“Hi Taeyeon-shi, I’m Kwon Jisoo, Kai’s fiancé,” Jisoo responded.

In that instant, Taeyeon felt like her heart jumped out from within her body and ran off to god knows where. An imaginary bumps grew in and she tried her best to swallow it down, “I…it’s nice to meet you Jisoo-shi,” she croaked, “but um…I think I’m going to go to class now,” she said to the two before turning her back to them.

“Wait!” Jisoo called out and ran to Taeyeon, “what class do you have and in what room?” she asked.

“Um…room 401,” Taeyeon replied.

“Ah you have the same class as Kai,” Jisoo told Taeyeon, “Kai, help Taeyeon-shi with finding her classroom,” she said and motioned for the younger one. Kai stuck his hands in his pockets once more before strolling over to the two, “I’ll see you after class,” Jisoo told Kai. She tip toed and placed a kiss on Kai’s cheek, “bye,” with that she quickly scurried off to her class as well, leaving two extremely awkward, or maybe just Taeyeon, alone in front of room 401. After what felt like decades, but it was only a few seconds, Kai glances over at Taeyeon who simply gave the younger one a simple ‘do not talk to me ever again’ stare before entering the room. Kai heaved out a sigh and followed suit.

--

Taeyeon walked up to a desk and sat down in the chair. She slammed her bag and books on the desk before glancing outside the windows. Kai walked up to where Taeyeon was sitting at and sat behind her. Feeling his presence, Taeyeon let out an annoyed sigh and spun around to face the younger one.

“What is wrong with you?” she gritted through her teeth. Kai glanced up at Taeyeon and then turned his head to the side to stare out the window as well, “yah! Don’t ignore me that way!” she shouted, not caring if there were other students present in the room. Taeyeon shoved Kai’s arm, “I’m talking to you Kim Jongin,” she said, using Kai’s real name.

Kai rolled his eyes and turned back to stare at the shorter one, “You’re sitting in…”

“Who said that you can sit in my seat?” a voice from behind Taeyeon said. Taeyeon tilted her head slightly the left before spinning around to see who was talking to her, “did you not hear me?”

“Oh I’m sorry, but I don’t see your name on here anywhere,” Taeyeon replied, sitting back and crossing her arms. The boy in front of her furrowed his eyebrows and grabbed her by the arm, “yah! Let go of me!” she shouted.

“I said…”

“Sehun, be nice,” a softer and gentler voice said behind the younger one. Suho’s face appeared behind Sehun and he smiled at Taeyeon, “there are still many empty seats around us, just pick one,” he ordered the younger one. Sehun lets go of Taeyeon’s arm and took the seat beside her. Suho smiled and sat at the seat in front of her, “did you have trouble finding the room?” he asked with a warm smile.

Taeyeon scowled at Sehun first before turning her attention to Suho, “Kind of,” she replied.

“Of course you would, seeing how you’re such a ditz,” Sehun commented.

“You got some serious nerves to not shut up,” Taeyeon said, still facing Suho, “a kid like you should show more manners to their elders.”

Sehun scoffed and chuckled. He then shifted his body so that he’s facing Taeyeon and then bent down a bit so that he can see the side of Taeyeon’s face, “I don’t consider a midget my elder, even if her age can be compared to an ahjumma,” he said.

“You!” this completely caught Taeyeon’s attention as she spun quickly to face Sehun, “better watch what comes out of that ignorant mouth of yours,” she scolded, “I may be shorter than you giant, but I’ve eaten more rice than you have.”

Sehun gave Taeyeon a simple ‘I don’t give a flippin two cents’ smile before leaning back into his chair, “Right ahjumma,” he said. He stuck his hands into his pocket and rummaged for his earphones. Sehun plugged it into his ipod and brought the ear buds up to his ears but stopped half way, “oh…ahjumma, don’t be insulting me behind my back while I listen to my music,” he told Taeyeon before stuffing the ear buds into his ears.

If looks can kill, the current glare that Taeyeon was giving to the younger man could have shot him dead and sent to his burial within seconds, “Don’t mind him,” Suho said. Taeyeon’s facial expression relaxes and she spun around to face Suho, “he’s usually not that bad,” he told her.

Taeyeon scoffed and glanced at Sehun, “not that bad? Suho you must be either dumb or stupid, because clearly that friend of yours has absolutely no manners,” she said, pointing a thumb at Sehun over her shoulder. Sehun glanced up and quickly grabbed Taeyeon’s thumb and squeezed it.

“Ow!” Taeyeon yelped in pain and pulled her finger out from Sehun’s grasp, “what was that for you little ?!” she shouted, standing up in her seat, ready to kick Sehun over. Suho’s eyes widen and stood up to grab his friend.

“Taeyeon, calm down,” he said, forcing the older one to sit back in her seat.

“Why are you stopping me Suho?” She asked, “let me teach that little some manners first.”

“Just stop it will you?” Suho asked. He reached out and grabbed Taeyeon by the face and forced her to face him, “hey, calm down, after this I’ll take you out for some boba drinks,” he told her. This immediately calmed Taeyeon, as she is seen sitting back down in her seat. Just then the door to the classroom opened and their teacher strode in with her belongings.

“Good morning class,” she greeted her class. She placed her suitcase on the table and snapped it open, “I heard from the admin office that I have a new student today,” she said while rummaging through her stacks of papers.

“Yes,” Taeyeon replied, standing up so that the teacher knew who was the new student. The teacher grabbed a piece of sheeting from her suitcase and glanced up, “Ah yes, Kim Taeyeon am I right?” she asked, “since you’re new today, I don’t have you on the roster yet. I’ll have to create a new one with your name first before you can start signing your initials on the attendance sheet,” she walked up to Suho and placed the paper on his desk, “for now just right your name at the bottom and I’ll have the updated roster by next class meeting,” she told Taeyeon. Before taking off back to the front, the teacher turned to look at the empty seat beside Suho, “he’s not here again today,” she muttered before continuing her previous action.

--

“Alright, and we’ll stop at page 55,” the teacher book marked the page before closing the book, “ah before everyone goes, I would like to announce the book project and your partners,” she said, picking up a another piece of paper from her stacks of paper and began to read off names.

“Jongin, you will be paired with Sehun, Suho you will be paired with Chen,” she announced and continued on with the list, “did I get everyone?” she asked after reaching the end of her list.

Taeyeon raised her hand, “ah yes Taeyeon, you’ll be partnered with….,” she scanned the list before gasping, “oh I forgot to assign Chanyeol a partner,” she quickly wrote down Taeyeon’s name beside Chanyeol’s name and then glanced at her, “your partner will be Park Chanyeol.”

--

“Alright Chen, I’ll give you a call when I’m free so we can work on the project together,” Suho told the younger one before taking off back to his seat, “ready?” he asked Taeyeon and shoved his phone into the back of his pants pocket.

Taeyeon hit the sent button before locking her phone and glanced up at Suho, “I need to go see the counselor very quick, wait for me at the gate,” she told Suho. She grabbed her belongings and dashed out through the door. Once she got out of the Language Arts building, Taeyeon made a b-line straight towards a different area.

“Tiffany!” Taeyeon called, running up to the taller one.

Hearing her name, Tiffany spun around and saw her best friend running up to her, “Unnie,” she said as Taeyeon approached her, “so how was class?” she asked.

“Don’t even ask me that question right now,” Taeyeon said, putting a hand in front of Tiffany’s face to stop her from asking anymore questions about class since it reminded her of how Sehun acted.

Tiffany giggled and nodded her head, “Okay fine, but…did he…”

“He wasn’t in class,” Taeyeon said, knowing exactly what and who Tiffany was asking about. Tiffany let out a sad breath and glanced down at her phone.

“I tried calling him right after class finished, but he didn’t pick up,” she said sadly. Taeyeon walked up to Tiffany and patted the younger on the arm.

“I’m sure he’s around here somewhere,” she said.

Tiffany nodded her head. She lifted her head and smiled at the older one, “Don’t worry unnie.”

“Mmmm, alright, well I have to meet up with someone so I’ll text you later,” Taeyeon said, patting Tiffany on the head before taking off but stopped in her tracks, “oh and um…Miyoungie?” she said, slowly spinning around.

“Hm?” Tiffany hummed.

“I have something to tell you,” Taeyeon said slowly and made her way back to the younger one.

“What is it?” Tiffany asked.

“So…apparently in class today,” the older one began, fiddling with her fingers, “my professor assigned the class partners for this book report project and…,” Taeyeon gulped the lump that was stuck in , “I got partnered up with Chanyeol….”

---

Let me know what you guys would like to see more of. :)