Please do me a Favor.

Turn Back Time

Growing up, all you know about life is to succeed. Become that one person whom you’ve always wanted to be when you were a child. Growing up, I was taught to always study…study study study study. When I’m done with elementary school, I must go into middle school, after middle school came high school and from there, you work your off to get into a prestigious college. I was taught this since I was a kid, but…one day a light dawn upon me and it made me realized that, some people aren’t cut for education no matter how much they try. Does that make them a more lower class leveled individual? Someone who should be looked down upon just because they weren’t as smart as their peers in school? No. It simply means that their lives lead down a different path. So…after high school…I thought to myself, why do I need to go and attend college? I’m not that great in school…math is my hardest subject…I’m average in English and…that’s when it struck me…struck me pretty hard. Education isn’t for me. It never fit well in my life. I’ve always struggled in life; therefore, I decided to just help out at my parents café after I graduated from high school. At first, I thought that my parents would be extremely, and when I said extremely I really mean extremely, disappointed in me. But, surprisingly, they both understood where I stood and agreed that education wasn’t my strongest point in life. So…here I am…now, after I’ve graduated from high school, helping my parents out at their café, making money.

The door to Kim’s Café opened and caused the bell to jingle. A girl, around the age of her early twenties, with brown hair that reached her shoulder blades, walked into the café and walked straight up to the bar area. She sat in one of the high seats and made herself right at home.

“Welcome to Kim’s Café, miss Hwang,” a cheery hostess around the same age as the other one, greeted the one named Miss Hwang, “what would you like to drink today? Our special for the day is White Mocha Peppermint Latte,” she explained.

Miss Hwang smiled and gave the hostess a nod, “I’ll take today’s special.”

“Excellent choice I must say,” she wiped her hands on the surface of her waist apron, “anything else Miss Hwang?” she asked, wanting to make sure that she had all of Miss Hwang’s orders first before heading off to make the drink.

Miss Hwang shook her head at the hostess, “oh and by the way Kim Taeyeon, quit calling your best friend of forever by Miss Hwang,” she said with a slight chuckle. Taeyeon burst out into a fit of laughter and threw her head back, “it’s not that funny you know.”

“I know…” Taeyeon clutched onto her stomach and braced herself against the counter with just one of her hand, “the look of your face when I call you that always get to me Tiffany.”

Tiffany pouted at Taeyeon and crossed her arms across her chest, “is that how you treat your dongsaeng, unnie?” she asked cutely. Taeyeon stopped laughing immediately and cringed. She gave Tiffany an ‘ew’ face before taking off to make the younger one’s drink, “me acting cute always get you to shut up,” the younger one chimed after the older one.

Finished with Tiffany’s drink, Taeyeon walked over to the counter and slides the cup of hot latte over to the younger one, “so what brought you here today?” Taeyeon asked, grabbing the semi wet cloth and began to wipe the counter. Tiffany took a huge breath of the nice smelling aroma and heaved out a satisfied breath, “I’m guessing that you’re having boy problems again at your school?” Taeyeon continued to ask questions.

Tiffany shook her head and placed the mug back on the table and dabbed her lips, “Unnie, would you like to do me a favor?” she asked. Taeyeon stopped wiping and eyed the younger one suspiciously, “what? It’s nothing bad…really,” Tiffany continued with a chuckle.

“I don’t know,” Taeyeon answered, resuming her previous action, “the last time you asked me to do a favor for you, I was set up on a blind date and it went…well pretty bad,” she reminded the younger one. This caused Tiffany to laugh loudly, “yah! I’m being serious!” Taeyeon shouted at the younger one.

“Okay…okay that one was on me, I’m sorry,” Tiffany wiped the tears that had leaked from her eyes from laughing and composed herself once more in her chair, “but no seriously, this one is serious,” she said, clearing . Taeyeon glanced up at the younger one and stopped wiping.

“What’s going on Hwang Miyoung?” Taeyeon asked. She only uses Tiffany’s Korean name whenever she means business…serious business. Taking this as Taeyeon’s serious cue, Tiffany clasped her hands around her mug and stared into it.

“I think Chanyeol is cheating on me unnie,” she told the older one.

“What?!” Taeyeon shouted, which caused the attention of other customers to glance at them. Taeyeon took noticed of the stares and leaned across the bar, “see me in the office…now,” she whispered to Tiffany before taking off to the office. Tiffany let out a sigh, grabbed her mug and bag, and took off after the older one.

“Close the door behind you,” Taeyeon said angrily, plopping down in the sofa behind her and watched the younger one close the door silently behind her, “so tell me Hwang Miyoung, what you mean by this Chanyeol cheating on you?”

“Well…” Tiffany sat in the sofa closests to Taeyeon and placed her mug on the lamp table, “you know how Chanyeol and I attend the same college?” Taeyeon nodded her head, “well…as of late, he’s been telling me that he needs to stay late at club meetings and such and well…I know one of the girls in his club. I ran into her the other day and I got curious so I asked her about club meetings, she told me that it always ends on time and that Chanyeol is always the first one to leave,” Tiffany explained, “now I don’t know if he’s really cheating on me because when I asked the girl if she’s seen Chanyeol with any one after leaving she said no.”

“What if she’s the one Chanyeol is cheating on you with?” Taeyeon mindlessly asked.

Tiffany shook her head, “No.”

“How do you know for sure? What if she’s lying to you?” Taeyeon probed on.

“She’s not because the girl is engaged,” Tiffany explained, “so I know it’s not her, plus I usually hang out with her and her fiancé at school.”

Taeyeon leaned over in her sofa and stared straight into Tiffany’s eyes, “Miyoung…just because someone is engaged doesn’t mean that they can’t cheat on their fiancé, why do you think affair happens in marriages?” she explained.

Tiffany let out a sigh and slumped back into the sofa, “Unnie, I don’t know what to do,” she whined, kicking her feet up and down, “I don’t want to break up with Chanyeol.”

“What’s so great about him anyways?” Taeyeon asked.

It took Tiffany a few seconds, maybe a minute or two, before replying to the older one, “I don’t know,” she answered.

Hearing this from her friend, Taeyeon hung her head and scoffed, “Tiffany, if you can’t even come up with one GOOD point about Chanyeol, then why are you still with him?” She asked.

“Because!” Tiffany shouted, “Because I lost IT to him and I would like to stay with the person whom I lost my IT to,” she explained herself, “it’s hard knowing that you gave your all to someone and they end up cheating on you.”

“My dear Miyoung,” Taeyeon got up from her seat and walked over to the brown haired girl, “I know that you believe in that but…sometimes,” she placed a hand on top of Tiffany’s head and began to pat it, “some men are jerks and they don’t give a living hat.”

Tiffany leaned into Taeyeon’s touch and hugged the older one around the waist, “Unnie I can’t do it,” she whined, “I can’t break up with him,” she shook her head frantically while Taeyeon continued to pat her on the head.

“The favor,” Taeyeon chimed in, “what was it that you wanted me to do?”

“Oh!” Tiffany quickly pulled away from the older one, “you know how you really don’t care about schooling?”

“It’s not that I don’t care Tiffany,” Taeyeon corrected her, “schooling isn’t my strong point, is all.”

“Right…but anyways,” Tiffany grabbed onto Taeyeon’s hands and stared straight into the older ones’ eyes, “I was wondering, since you’re not that serious about your education, can you sign up at my college and follow Chanyeol around?”

Taeyeon’s eyebrows inched closer and closer to each other as she continued to stared into the eyes of the younger one, “Say that again?” she said.

“Can you follow Chanyeol around at school? I don’t want him to think that I don’t trust him and stuff,” Tiffany re-explained herself.

Taeyeon quickly shut her eyes and then re-opened them, “Tiffany…I’m your best friend…I know that I don’t care much about my education…”

“See! Ha! You admitted to it!” Tiffany shouted, pointing a finger at the older one. Taeyeon frowned and pushed the finger away from her face.

“Beside that point, but…he’s your boyfriend, why would I want to be a stalker and stalk your boyfriend around just to see if he’s cheating on my best friend?” Taeyeon asked.

“That’s the point,” Tiffany began, “you’re my best friend, and best friends should always do stuff for each other.”

Taeyeon shot a hand up to Tiffany’s forehead, “are you not feeling well?”

Tiffany slapped Taeyeon’s hand away from her forehead and grabbed onto it again, “please unnie…I really don’t…”

“But he knows about me,” Taeyeon began.

“Mm…not quite,” Tiffany chimed in, “he only knows that I have a childhood friend whom I love dearly but doesn’t go to school with me because she really hate school,” she explained.

“How sad,” Taeyeon said with a slight tone of sadness, “my best friend doesn’t even talk about me.”

Tiffany chuckled and patted Taeyeon’s face, “I do, but I just don’t talk a lot about you because well…”

“Because?” Taeyeon asked, urging for Tiffany to go on with her reason.

“Because unnie!! You’re a gorgeous girl and…well I feel as if I talk about you and they see you, they’ll end up falling in love with you instead,” Tiffany shouted. Taeyeon burst into a fit of laughter and fell to the floor, “Unnie…I’m serious.”

Taeyeon took in some deep breaths of air before standing up again, “Miyoung…young boys don’t attract me,” she said, patting the younger one on the head again, “but since you’re asking me for a favor…I don’t see what I’ll lose,” she rolled up her sleeves and wiped her nose, “I’ll make sure this Park Chanyeol doesn’t cheat on my best friend.”