Confusion

The Lost Cause
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : So, here's the first update! This includes a cliff hanger but enjoy! :) N.b. typos!

-

 

 

Sounds of footsteps echoed in the dark alley in the middle of the night. Chirping sound of the birds, the tingling noises of the dry Oak leaves and the rythemic tone of rain drops filled the darkness. Not any mortal was there to be seen. As long as, the howling hour of the midnight passed through the timeline. 

 

"Get away from me you bastards!" 

 

A cry of a female voice could be heard from far. A young lass was running with heavy, yet quick steps in order to survive. Her body and legs were shaking and badly aching with pain. She was drained out to the fullest that she couldn't take a single breath properly.

 

Jessica, Jessica Jung. A young woman who was engulfed with grief and sorrow for the past few years. Her life was awfully ridiculous. The times she had been through, the incidents she faced, the problems she met and the people she hung around were all she fated in this life. Half or it was worse. She lost her parents, her sister and her last longed love. She did not know the exact reason but all she knew was she loved them.

 

A group of men were following her. It's been two hours. Still, they continued. Jessica was running out of energy and strength. She stopped in her tracks after noticing the people were gone and missing for a moment. Leaving a sigh, she lied down on the ground. She rubbed both of her feet gently. It was bleeding from the edge of it. 

 

Jessica searched through the area since she wasn't concious where she was. Since the darkness everywhere she lost her way. No-one couldn't be seen as long as she could see giant trees looked like staring at her with develish looks. 

 

"There she is. Get that !" 

 

Someone hollered suddenly.

 

Jessica gasped in shock which made her to look back. She saw a stunt man was reaching her with five other people behind him. Jessica pulled herself to get up but her leg was not helping. The deep cuts on her feet made her exhausted with her blank effort. As much as the pain hits hard she felt backwards and just rooted to the ground. 

The next thing she knew was someone's shadow in front of her, blocking the moonlight. The person appeared out of nowhere, when the figure stood facing the man with a stiff.

"Get the ing way out, you piece of ." The guy screamed loudly when the rest of the men tried to help their team leader. 

 

Only a sharp gaze greeted his rough words.

 

"Get lost." 

 

A mumble came out. It was clear and sound. 

 

"You get lost. Who are you?" He questioned back though he received the same answer but with a straight voice. It obviously tumbled his tone down for a bit.

 

 

"Get lost!" 

 

Jessia was only witnessing the weird scene happening. She was not sure who was this person? But the sound of the person was a female yet a deep one. Who was this actually?

 

The man's side profile hinted the goons to surrender. The things gonna be worse if they would not do this right now. "Let's go!" He said. The others looked at the figure and followed their leader. 

 

Few seconds later, Jessica stood up. Though she was not convinced of what just she saw, she had to thank the person who saved her life. With a hesitation, Jessica cleared . "E-Excuse me!" 

She was sure the person heared but the reaction was late. The girl tried again. "Um..C-Can yo--" She was cut off by as soon as she turned her back. Jessica still couldn't recognize but waited her to move from the moon light. So, she could see the face of him or her.

The person moved a bit. Yet Jessica could only see half of a face. 

 

"W-who are..y-yo--" She was cut off again. But this time, her heart sank to her legs seeing the face of the figure in front of her. She couldn't breath. She felt the moment, she stopped in her time. 

Jessica's vis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter