Reflection

Alljong One-Shot Collection (Song Based) {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

So here's a little note here that this story takes place in Japan where I know that there are some families that have a tradition that if the only child is a boy he is suppose to live his life as a girl as a way to continue a heritage of traditional dancing. Because of the Japanese setting I'm going to be using honorifics of -san, -kun, etc. instead of -noona, -ah, etc.


With elegance, the kimono flowing along with each of her step, the spotlight following her as she steps through a forest of pink orchids dangling from the ceiling. She takes a final step before bowing, receiving a standing ovation.

Sujin smiles, the curtain slowly coming to a close before being guided off stage with light steps, leading her to her dressing room before being bumped and knocked down. She was barely able to hold a high pitch to her voice from the sudden fall.

She looks across and sees a dazed boy staring at her with wide eyes and a backstage pass dangling from his neck on a lanyard. Hesitantly, Sujin asks, "Um- are you okay?"

Almost immediately, the boy's face turns bright red and stutters, "Er- y-yeah- ah sorry about that! U-Um- are you okay?"

Cute... Sujin couldn't help but smile a small smile, letting the man who guided her help her stand up, "Yes, I'm fine..."

He blinks innocently before growing flustered again, "O-Oh my name is Myungsoo- er- Sujin-san..."

Sujin gives one last smile before walking ahead, knowing that the dazed boy would probably stay dazed for a while. She eventually reaches her changing room and the man outside closes the door for her privacy.

"That was wonderful, Sujin," her mother cooed, walking over to her to undo the obi of her kimono.

"Mother, I'd really appreciate it if you- out of all the people I know- didn't call me Sujin," she huffs, taking the cloth off and neatly folding it.

Her mother could only look up with sad eyes, "I know, Sungjong."

Sungjong doesn't let out a sound as he turns to walk over to the clothing rack, pulling out a light blue blouse with a yellow skirt.

"Happy birthday."

Are you telling that to Sujin or Sungjong? he thinks as he starts to put on the blouse and skirt, managing to say a quiet, "Thank you, mother."

"Your grandmother got you a birthday gift. Turn around." He does as asked and feels his mother's small hands work in clipping a small barette adorned with purple flowers into his dyed blond hair.

"... Grandmother always gets me a hair clip," Sungjong says in an absent-minded way, staring at himself dully.

"Your father and I got you a birthday gift too," he glances over to his mother, fiddling with the sleeves of her yukata before taking out an envelope and handing it to him.

He takes it before widening at the sight of "Tokyo's Boys' Academy" in bold red letters at the front of the envelope.

"We decided that you can have at least one year of school where you can live as Sungjo-" his mother couldn't finish her sentence when Sungjong suddenly hugs her, quietly murmuring a, "Thank you," into her shoulder.


So, here he stands, nervously gripping his shoulder bag and staring at the classroom door in front of him, the feeling of uniform slacks slightly foreign to his body. Sungjong gulps before opening the door, seeing the sight of a male teacher and a class of boys.

"Come in and introduce yourself," the teacher smiles warmly.

Walking to the front of the classroom, he turns to the class and smiles, "Hello, I'm Lee Suj- Sungjong. It's nice to meet all of you." He hears the classroom begin to whisper and manages to catch a 'doesn't he look like that famous traditional dancer, Sujin?' to which he easily replies, "I get that a lot, but I'm not related to her."

"Now let's see here... Kim Myungsoo?"

Shocked, Sungjong looks up to the corner of the classroom and sees a familiar face staring in a dazed manner at him.

"Hey Myungsoo, stop checking the new guy out and give him a tour already," someone snickered along with the rest of the class, making Myungsoo blush a bright red.

And here they were, walking around the school with Myungsoo avoiding to spare Sungjong a glance. Sungjong walk faster to block Myungsoo, successfully making Myungsoo look at him, "Hey, is something wrong?"

"Ah- oh- um- n-nothing! I-It's just that..." Myungsoo slowly turns red yet again, "You... look a lot like Sujin-san..."

Yes, Sungjong panicked on the inside, but managed to deal with it like a pro, teasingly asking, "Hey, what's that suppose to mean?"

"N-N-N-Nothing!" Myungsoo panicks before murmuring, "It's just that I met her last night... and she was really pretty in person..."

"Oh... I see," Sungjong felt a mixture of embarrassment then disappointment, before trying to go off topic, "So how did you meet Sujin-san?"

"Er- don't tell anyone else this... but I'm kinda related to that famous rock-singer Kim Sunggyu..." he awkwardly rubs the back of his neck.

"Really?!" Sungjong's eyes widen in shock, "Ohh, that makes sense since he had performed at the same stage as m- her."

"Yup but... I don't really like it when people... know that fact..." Myungsoo forces a smile, "I'm always hiding under his shadow and I'm more 'Sunggyu's little brother' rather than- you know- Myungsoo..."

"I... I get you..." Sungjong carefully worded his next sentence, "It's kind of disappointing to be known as someone else's label rather than just who you were born as... that kind of freedom... is nearly impossible..." he remembers that he'll only stay here for one year.

Before he was able to fully dread the day, he feels a flick against his head and looks up to see Myungsoo smile, "'Nearly impossible'? I mean, I get depressed about it sometimes too but... that's honestly too much of a pessimistic thought. We'll get our freedom one day, Sungjong-kun."

Sungjong knew that he messed up at this point because when he saw that smile he felt something he knew he wasn't suppose to feel.


Ever so slowly and joyfully, the days pass by as his life as Sungjong, spending time with Myungsoo and getting closer and closer to him. Yes, close to the point that the proximity felt suffocating to Sungjong as he knew that Myungsoo could never love him.

After all, he loves Sujin, right? Constantly reminding him of his resemblance whenever he stared too long and where staring turned into pictures since that was Myungsoo's hobby.

Somewhere in Sungjong, he regretted ever coming to the school and meeting Myungsoo, feeling the shadow that Sujin left choke him whenever he tried to tell Myungsoo those three words.

He still couldn't deny that this love will continue until the possibilty of shattering Myungsoo's dreams by telling him the truth about Sujin and the boy never sparing him a glance ever again.

"Heyyy, Sungjong-kunnn."

Sungjong looks over before seeing a light go off, nearly pouting when he saw the camera print out a small picture of his shocked face munching on a daifuku.

"This is what you get for not paying attention to me when it's our last lunch together as Juniors," Myungsoo mishieviously grins, waving the photo around.

"Well screw you too..." Sungjong huffs as he pushes the remainder of his daifuku into his mouth, making Myungsoo chuckle. They sat in comfortable silence at the school rooftop as normal before Myungsoo asks, "What's wrong? Whenever you're quiet, you usually put too much thought into something."

Immediately, a thousand questions flood his mind until he accidentally speaks out, "Do I only resemble Sujin-san to you?"

"Mm... that was near the beginning of the year..." Myungsoo smiles, "I now see you as someone prettier than Sujin-san."

"Still comparing me to her I see," he mutters bitterly.

"Hey, that's a good thing you know," Myungsoo pouts.

"Sure it is," and the conversation ended with silence. The day only ended with a quick 'bye' from Sungjong, who could only feel Sujin's shadow pushing him away from ever telling Myungsoo one last thing before they would never see each other again as Myungsoo and Sungjong.


Two years has passed... and Sungjong only thinks about Myungsoo, but Sujin only thinks about her dance performance that is soon to come. After all, someone like Sujin has no time to think about love.

The door opens behind him opens and through the reflection of the mirror he thought that he would see his mother return with a water bottle but he instead saw a face that he thought that he would never see again.

"Myungsoo...!" Sungjong manages a whisper before turning around, seeing Myungsoo's eyes widen at the sight of Sujin.

"O-Oh my gosh, I'm so, SO sorry, Sujin-san! I-I was trying to find my brother's room and-"

"I love you."

Silence passes through the changing room before he quickly slaps his mouth shut, inwardly cursing himself for both blurting that out and also saying it in Sujin's voice.

"Er..."

Sungjong looks up and sees that Myungsoo wasn't blushing and instead awkwardly smiled, "I'm guessing it's bad to say that you said that a bit too late because I fell for someone else...?"

Even though he was now Sujin, it still felt like he was being suffocated by something unknown at those words, quietly whispering, "Who...?"

That was the trigger word that made Myungsoo blush that familiar bright red, "O-Oh- um... they're... they're amazing... and funny and cute and... just everything amazing!... It's funny though, I kinda used they're resemblance to you as an excuse of trying to deny that I love them... and next thing I knew... they disappeared for two years without a single word. I wish that I knew that I was only hurting him... whenever I compared you two..."

"You... You idiot...!" Sungjong could finally feel something lift away from him, making him get up and run over and hug Myungsoo, no matter how the kimono constricted his movement.

He feels something gently push his head away and see tears pricking Myungsoo's eyes, "S...Sungjong...?"

"Just... Just shut up and kiss me already..." Sungjong somehow manages to laugh even though he was crying too.

And they did, as Myungsoo and Sungjong.